Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

1 minute ago, FoxNotFox said:

Oh, it's just getting better and better as the day goes on.... Gove will take the job if he can renegotiate the deal lol That man's front knows no bounds!

I'm no fan of his by would he take the job unless he had some influence over it's contents.

15 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

If she survives this she's better than Rasputin 

Credit where it's due, May is a survivor. She simply doesn't give in... which could also be spun as a weakness.

Tbh, despite loathing her from her years at the HO, I do have a sort-of admiration for her pig-headed endurance. 

Edited by FoxNotFox
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

May announces 5PM press conference 

Latest odds:

4-5: Despite universal opposition & leadership challenges, she's fighting on

5-4: She's appointed Michael Gove as Brexit Secretary

3-1: She's appointed Michael Bublé as Brexit Secretary

7-1: She's resigning with immediate effect

10-1: She enjoyed the dancing so much she's signed up for Strictly

20-1: She's contacted Barnier to renegotiate Brexit

25-1: She's opting for the Swiss model - exercising freedom of movement to migrate to a remote chalet in the Alps

50-1: She's going into the Celebrity jungle with Harry Redknapp

100-1: She's calling a referendum & defecting to the Labour Party

500-1: Dilly ding, Dilly dong, she's to be Claudio's assistant at Fulham

1000-1: She plans to provide "strong and stable government"

• Haha 2

The Guardian has a knack of pissing me off with it's spin....

At a press conference in Brussels Donald Tusk, president of the European council, restated his desire for Brexit to be abandoned. He told journalists:

The EU is prepared for a final deal with the United Kingdom in November.

We are also prepared for a no-deal scenario but of course we are best prepared for a no-Brexit scenario.

Tusk did not, as they say, restate his desire for Brexit to be abandoned. It was, imho, clearly an ironic remark - the EU is best prepared for no-Brexit because obviously that means they don't have to do anything. The Guardian's is just wilful misinterpretation. 

1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

Absolutely hilarious to think how many people believed these charlatans. 

Fooled, hook, line & sinker. lol 

How embarrassing... 

As opposed to how hilarious it was who believed all this (on a bus for you as you seems to be able to spot them easier)

IMG_20181114_185017.jpg

Edited by MattP

2 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

I voted to Remain but agreed to let Brexiteers have their negotiations and to see what would come.

I hope that can now finally happen, even if it is over two years late.

9 minutes ago, MattP said:

As opposed to how hilarious it was who believed all this (on a bus for you as you seems to be able to spot them easier)

IMG_20181114_185017.jpg

Yeah except Brexit hasn't actually materialised for all of that to happen as a consequence. 

Slightly different my friend. 

Nice clutch tho x

3 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Yeah except Brexit hasn't actually materialised for all of that to happen as a consequence. 

Slightly different my friend. 

Nice clutch tho x

Many of those predictions were in the aftermath of a Leave vote, not the actual departure. 

7 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

All of the MP's you believed in have now given up and abandoned ship. Might as well jump on the lifeboats with them! 

We've been through this before and Boris was the only one who jumped ship, Gove and Fox stood for leader and were defeated, Leadsom the same and Farage was told by the Tories there was no place in the negotiation for him.

You can't rewrite history. You also can't expect any Brexit secretary to seriously go along with what Robbins and May have decided to come back with and that's before we get to how ridiculous it looks when working out the parliamentary arithmetic. 

Anyway we might now be seeing these people back to take over depending on how the NC vote goes.

21 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Probably best to just give up arguing it fella. You backed a lame horse. It's OK. 

All of the MP's you believed in have now given up and abandoned ship. Might as well jump on the lifeboats with them! 

It’s not even remotely finished yet.

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

G'Won Theresa. Don't let the bastards drag you down.

A nice speech, but it doesn't tackle the issue here again which is that this deal has no chance whatsoever of getting through the house of commons.