Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

22 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

Your opinion my friend, when you say his hold up play is woeful I don't think you watch the games. I saw 111 games he played in Sporting and he is everything but pants.

As for hold up play can you give me some examples, I find as the ball is played long he rarely wins 50/50 heading duels, if the ball is played to his feet, his touch is that poor it bounces of., as for holding the ball up I'm struggling to remember when he does this well, he actually looks ungainly.

Im still waiting for somebody to tell me his strengths other than attacking the ball in the box, his all round game is very limited in my eyes.

Still there is next season to be proven wrong i don't mind a bit of humble pie, but I doubt it will come to that.

4 hours ago, Dames said:

Absolutely this.

He isn't up to scratch anymore but for some mysterious reason a good portion of mongys love him because he has a song and had a small hot streak 2 years ago.

These are also the same type of people that want Mahrez gone...

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Who said you was?

6 minutes ago, dayday said:

As for hold up play can you give me some examples, I find as the ball is played long he rarely wins 50/50 heading duels, if the ball is played to his feet, his touch is that poor it bounces of., as for holding the ball up I'm struggling to remember when he does this well, he actually looks ungainly.

Im still waiting for somebody to tell me his strengths other than attacking the ball in the box, his all round game is very limited in my eyes.

Still there is next season to be proven wrong i don't mind a bit of humble pie, but I doubt it will come to that.

His touch isn't the best but you are exaggerating, he can control a ball, sometimes it bounces of but not all the times. I can tell you more strengths. He is fast for a big lad, works hard, and a good finisher, played to his strengths, and with motivation he becomes a excellent striker. Don't think he will prove you wrong this season, at least in Leicester, it seems he is going to leave.

1 hour ago, Eagle10 said:

In my honest opinion, the best is to sell him. Ulloa just adds flick ons and a bit of work rate, he doesn't add goals as Slim does, but he is ok being in the bench so the best is to sell Slimani and keep Ulloa while Slimani has value.

You seriously think Ulloa works harder than Slim??

2 hours ago, dayday said:

As Col said he is pants, his hold up play and touch is woeful, he could have another 25 games that part of his game isn't going to improve now at the age of 29.

We all know his strength is attacking crosses and unless we play to his strengths then I just cannot see where he is going to get into the side, I would sell if the opportunity arises 

Since when is there an age limit on improvement? Don't you think Ronaldo is improving? He might not have the same physical abilities as when he was 23 but as a player he is getting smarter and smarter. 

Also I don't know if you've noticed but we are already playing to his strengths and it's working! Just because Vardy is on the pitch does not mean that you can't play for both of their strengths. Today was the perfect example of that. 

I think this thread should be closed. Doesn't seem like Shakespeare is interested in selling. All approaches have been quickly rejected. He will stay whether you like it or not so just be patient and we will see whether he's a good fit or not with a full pre season in front of him. 

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Eagle 10 is monopolizing the thread (again) with his biased view of Slimani. It needs to stop. There can be no discussion when every other post is his, just bigging Slim up.

Are you the owner of the website or something? You don't like just ignore me... Biased is if I was talking lies, I'm not talking lies. I even said that you should sell him to recoup the money you spent on him and that the price tag was way to high. Happy?

From what I've seen I would 100% keep slimani! He is easily the 2nd best striker at the club behind vards, but also offers something very different. 

In in my eyes, it's time for Leo to go! He wants regular game time and he shouldn't be getting near our team very often. I know the last 2 games are friendlies and we shouldn't read much into them, but he has offered nothing whilst on the pitch!

If Slim stays and we keep him fit, I think he'll do well this year. In fact, of last summers signings, he's the only 1 I'd keep!

8 hours ago, RobHawk said:

From what I've seen I would 100% keep slimani! He is easily the 2nd best striker at the club behind vards, but also offers something very different. 

In in my eyes, it's time for Leo to go! He wants regular game time and he shouldn't be getting near our team very often. I know the last 2 games are friendlies and we shouldn't read much into them, but he has offered nothing whilst on the pitch!

If Slim stays and we keep him fit, I think he'll do well this year. In fact, of last summers signings, he's the only 1 I'd keep!

Agree (re Leo) he's almost De Vries- like in slow lumpishness . I won't deny his important   Contributions in 2015-16 but we need to move on and take whatever might be on offer for him 

Would hold onto him. Slimani was one of our best players wrt goals per games over the last year. 

Was unfortunate not to score at least once against Bournemouth. 

If he can hit the ground running early this season we could have a big threat to others.we don't know how it's shaping up this year yet but in the backdrop of relegation being likely last winter Slimanis goals kept us ticking over. 

If anything happens vardy we'd be sorry to lose slim.

He needs to be playing number 9.

But what frustrates me about Slimani is his extremely poor first touch and he doesn't play well with ANY of our strikers. Not Okazaki, not Vardy, not Musa & certainly not Ulloa. Will he link up well with Iheanacho? I doubt it. He has no connection with our other strikers & we always play with 2.

His only strengths are his finishing and heading... There is nothing else to his game. If he can start linking up better with our other strikers, we might be able to play to Slimani's strengths in some games. For now though, he's an impact sub.

"Doesn't link up" - But creates most chances and has most assists per minute.

Wow imagine how good he'd be if he could actually link up.

Maybe as good as the others that link up but don't create chances and don't get assists.

9 hours ago, RobHawk said:

So sack Ndidi?

Thought he has looked good and linked up well on many occasions with Vardy. Not expecting Slim to be able to link up with Okazaki or Ulloa, both are poor. Shinj barely links up with Vardy really, we usually bypass him as within 2 seconds of him getting the ball we have lost it again.

I really wanna see a fully fit Slim for a whole season, he'll be great.

9 hours ago, Eagle10 said:

Are you the owner of the website or something? You don't like just ignore me... Biased is if I was talking lies, I'm not talking lies. I even said that you should sell him to recoup the money you spent on him and that the price tag was way to high. Happy?

He he calm down I enjoy your unbiased comments keep them coming and keep smiling ?

Archived