Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

In Vardy, Slimani, and Iheanacho we have three strikers that are capable of getting into double figures in a premier league season. We're one of the few sides in the league that can boast that. It's probably the best thing about our squad. We should definitely keep Slimani. 

7 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

In Vardy, Slimani, and Iheanacho we have three strikers that are capable of getting into double figures in a premier league season. We're one of the few sides in the league that can boost that. It's probably the best thing about our squad. We should definitely keep Slimani. 

Dickov, Ferdinand and Bent did too lol

Slimani will score goals but unless we play to his style what the hell Is the point? We only have 1 winger who bothers to cross the ball, Mahrez and Gray just cut in 9/10

Might aswell cash in if we are just going to **** around. 

Sell him and ulloa, might aswell get Steve howard back out of retirement.

8 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I would accept a swap for Deeney, but otherwise Slim has goals in him at this level, and he deserves a decent chance when circumstances allow.

He would have loved a go at that dodgy Arsenal back 4 on Saturday, even if only for half an hour.

Yes and maybe he would have scored with his feet if he was on the pitch alone on Saturday :)

11 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Slimani will score goals but unless we play to his style what the hell Is the point? We only have 1 winger who bothers to cross the ball, Mahrez and Gray just cut in 9/10

Andros Townsend !

16 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

My recollection, which might be wrong, is that the fee could rise to a potential €30M.  I've no idea what we've paid so far but I'd be surprised if it's more than €25M...

He may not have cost us that much so far as generally Fees are spread over the length of the contract. So he's probably cost us around 10 million so far. If we can move him on then we save the rest of his Fee and cut our losses.

13 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He may not have cost us that much so far as generally Fees are spread over the length of the contract. So he's probably cost us around 10 million so far. If we can move him on then we save the rest of his Fee and cut our losses.

If we sell him we'd still have to pay the agreed fee but no add-ons.

I think it would be ridiculous selling Slimani to anyone, especially to a Premier League rival, this late in the window. He has some serious attributes that we can profit from it's just we have not been playing to them. I'm not the first to say it and certainly won't be the last but a decent cross into the box and he will most of the time stick it in the back of the net. Judging by the evidence against Arsenal, crossing is a crucial part of our game.

4 minutes ago, dormelcfc said:

I think it would be ridiculous selling Slimani to anyone, especially to a Premier League rival, this late in the window. He has some serious attributes that we can profit from it's just we have not been playing to them. I'm not the first to say it and certainly won't be the last but a decent cross into the box and he will most of the time stick it in the back of the net. Judging by the evidence against Arsenal, crossing is a crucial part of our game.

Agreed plus he has never really had a proper run of games to see what he is actually capable of, the amount of balls we swing in to the the box its crying out for someone to attack them.

Vardy, Nacho, Slim and Okazaki should be enough for the season.

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

If we sell him we'd still have to pay the agreed fee but no add-ons.

Correct in your analysis. But my figure of 10 Mil is wrong. I was thinking of Slimani when I wrote it. For Musa it's more like 4 to 5 mil to date including Salary. if we can move him on then we still save a lot of money and just move on to the next target.

35 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Correct in your analysis. But my figure of 10 Mil is wrong. I was thinking of Slimani when I wrote it. For Musa it's more like 4 to 5 mil to date including Salary. if we can move him on then we still save a lot of money and just move on to the next target.

We only save the add-ons, we'd still have to pay the rest of the transfer fee.

2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

We only save the add-ons, we'd still have to pay the rest of the transfer fee.

Yes, But we recover the sell on Fee to offset our outlay. Sometimes for more in which case we make a profit. on occasions for less in which we make a small loss.

The object is always to make a profit and keep ahead in the Market. But sometimes you just have to accept a loss to move players on.

In our case we've made quite a few decent profit's and so are doing ok. Which means our transfer Pool grows and so we can target better players. 

5 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

We scored three goals from crosses in our last game.

Yeah HITC bin them. 

Nigerian press bin them.

Algerian Press bin them.

We would be crazy to sell him and if it was to Watford I'd believe that Rudkin was trying to sink us.

4 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Current understanding is that he's unlikely to leave but not that happy about being 4th choice. 

It's a nice situation for us to be in, to have a striker that good as 4th choice. I still think it's Vardy +1 for me. The other 3  top picks really have different qualities, and it's nice to see Shinji back to his best      

2 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

It's a nice situation for us to be in, to have a striker that good as 4th choice. I still think it's Vardy +1 for me. The other 3  top picks really have different qualities, and it's nice to see Shinji back to his best      

Shinji has one good game and then loads where he just looks rubbish. Looked to me like Slim was ahead of him pre season and I think he will still end up so.

Archived