Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Club have denied any link - we've just brought 2 strikers for a combined total of near 30 million so not sure why we'd get another at this stage.

I agree. The rumors are a bit out of place, Watford is loaded with strikers at the moment, unless Deeney is for sale, I don't think they should sign Slimani.

2 hours ago, Redouane said:

Because he is a bit of a dick ? I saw him once in a hotel in Algeria and I heard a guy say to his friend "isn't that Slimani?" And his friend replied "who cares he's crap" ?

Don't get me wrong, I like slim as a player. I think he's hardworking. Outside of the pitch he has a bit of a big head, but I don't idiolize him as a person, I just like him as a player. I don't care what he does outside of the pitch, it's his life

Yes, as a person I can see he isn't the best dude. But I heard at least from some of my fellow Sporting fans, that he is a good dude and doesn't reject photos or autographs. Maybe you guys caught him having a bad day lol.

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Wow, I thought Walsh was amazed when he heard we paid £30m for him. 

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Wow, I thought Walsh was amazed when he heard we paid £30m for him. 

Stop rounding up, it was 28 with add-ons and I wonder how many of those have been paid.

21 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

Yes, as a person I can see he isn't the best dude. But I heard at least from some of my fellow Sporting fans, that he is a good dude and doesn't reject photos or autographs. Maybe you guys caught him having a bad day lol.

He must have a lot of bad days then lol 

10 minutes ago, Redouane said:

He must have a lot of bad days then lol 

From that video it seems he just saying for the kid to wait but maybe he has a lot of bad days I don't know, but I heard he is a douche, but here at Sporting he was actually cool.

Imagine a scenario where we sell Mahrez without a replacement and Vardy gets injured. 

Schmeichel 

Morgan Maguire Huth

Albrighton James N'Didi Fuchs

Iheanacho Okazaki

Slimani

That there is a potentially devastatingly effective unit, with Albrighton and Fuchs whipping in crosses every 5 minutes Slimani would score a shed load of goals and we wouldn't even feel the effects of Mahrez and Vardy's absence. Slimani must stay in my opinion because as somebody mentioned, he gives us the ability to integrate a plan B if we need to and also to use as a very decent option to cover injuries and suspensions etc. 

2 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Imagine a scenario where we sell Mahrez without a replacement and Vardy gets injured. 

Schmeichel 

Morgan Maguire Huth

Albrighton James N'Didi Fuchs

Iheanacho Okazaki

Slimani

That there is a potentially devastatingly effective unit, with Albrighton and Fuchs whipping in crosses every 5 minutes Slimani would score a shed load of goals and we wouldn't even feel the effects of Mahrez and Vardy's absence. Slimani must stay in my opinion because as somebody mentioned, he gives us the ability to integrate a plan B if we need to and also to use as a very decent option to cover injuries and suspensions etc. 

As long as no defender challenges him for the cross...

20 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

I agree.... but he needs to do work.... to sort out his strength his hold up work with back to goal and to be able to shoot from the edge of the box.

But who do we drop to let him have a run? The prem is a league where you have to make your game tine count

It really isn't, especially with us. Once you've established yourself as someone the manager likes then you're basically in until you get injured.

1 hour ago, F1_AN said:

lol He might be shit at defending corners (very important for a striker on FT) but when it comes to headers in the opponents box, he's the bully.

48 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It really isn't, especially with us. Once you've established yourself as someone the manager likes then you're basically in until you get injured.

If true we have removed incentive to get into the team and to work to stay in the team....

3 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Stop rounding up, it was 28 with add-ons and I wonder how many of those have been paid.

My recollection, which might be wrong, is that the fee could rise to a potential €30M.  I've no idea what we've paid so far but I'd be surprised if it's more than €25M...

3 hours ago, F1_AN said:

What are you talking about? He scored 7 in 23 for us last season when he was in a transition period after switching leagues, this had an obvious effect on his football and he still scored more than Okazaki does at his best. The best Slimani would score 15-20 goals at this level I reckon. Why let a league rival benefit from Slimani after we transitioned him into English football on the cheap? It would definitely be at a loss just a season after signing, may as well just start buying players for Watford if we're going down that route. 

If vardy and kelechi work together great than I don't mind the club selling him but, if vardy gets injured, the only one that can lead the line is ulloa *shudders*

Would much rather have slim as a cover for vardy and shinji/new CAM as cover for kelechi.

12 hours ago, maddog said:

He's had one season in the Premier League, we should give him another chance this season. Remember how rubbish Vardy was in his first season at a higher level in the Championship?

If they offer £30m so we recoup everything I'd take it. But anything less give him another year he's worth the risk and just might bang in 18 league goals and be worth a lot more this time next year. 

Imagine how poor Silmani would look playing left wing under Nigel Pearson :D

Archived