Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

16 minutes ago, Matt said:

Hero, wouldn't go that far.

I thought he was good enough like I said, we actually attacked and went forward when he came on.

But Mahrez is world class isn't he? Meant to be walking into the likes of the Barcelona team. Gray is learning (Albeit being given limited opportunities to learn) i've admitted and claimed that myself, he has his frailties, i've noted them and willing to give him leeway.

Now i've said Mahrez had a good game today and has done in all 3 games so far but I remember atleast twice today when Mahrez could have dragged it back, but no instead he decided to be selfish (That's what people are calling Gray afterall) and put it across the box to no-one or shoot when he had no chance of scoring but had someone to drag it back to, now I wouldn't normally mention this and the only reason I am is because people are slagging Gray off for similar things.

Regarding the quote: I specifically mentioned that it wasn't about "racism". It was more of a theory that Algerian players wouldn't be as lucrative in a financial aspect. But f**k context right?!?!

Yes Mahrez showed a world class potential in 15/16 and last season in the UCL, as well as some brief cameos in the PL. He didn't live up to his " world class" season again, but he has the potential to with a bit more hard work.  

As for Mahrez's mistakes today.. Sure no player can have a game without any mistakes, but he still looked like the most dangerous in the attack. All the neutral medias seem to agree with my thoughts. 

But gray on the other hand, what good has he done? I just saw mistake after mistake. If he was really as good as people are making out to be, I would be happy for him and the club... but he's not. For instance, I used to slag off Shinji last season but my opinion of him has changed this season. He has greatly improved, and even though he makes mistakes he makes up for them with good actions. Now until Gray improves, I will slag him off.

Also Mahrez last season might not have been amazing, but he was still the most dangerous behind Vardy (season overall, don't just talk to me about the last 5 games when Ranieri was sacked)

10 hours ago, Redouane said:

What does racism have to do with anything? Im saying Slimani isnt good enough to Stuart over Vardy and doesn't play Shinji's role.

Same applies to Gray. Not good enough to start over Mahrez and doesn't play Albrighton's role. 

You can't have two Mahrez's in a team, or two Vardy's

Redouane, ne te casse pas la tête avec lui, il semble borné. Mahrez et Slimani devraient quitter cette équipe point barre

Slimani just doesn't fit our style of play. Never going to be a regular starter. He wants first team football so letting him leave is best for all concerned .  It isn't a reflection on his ability or his personality.

4 minutes ago, Redouane said:

That made no sense whatsoever 

I tried.

Ultimately it says (Or is meant to) 'does that mean you leave at this point?' in response to what I believe he said 'Mahrez and Slimani should leave at this point'.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

I tried.

Ultimately it says 'does that mean you leave at this point?' in response to what I believe he said 'Mahrez and Slimani should leave at this point'.

I know, I understood. Just sounded weird XD

So. You've done well for yourself. You have 5 cars sitting on your driveway. The first 3, you love. Use them all the time. They fit your driving style perfectly. The other two are big 4x4 cars that you don't really need as you rarely, if ever go off-road. You've no idea why you bought them. But one of them cost a fortune. It's an X5. The other is a beaten up old LandRover Defender. They just sit there. Losing value. You'd like to buy a few more new cars. But you need to sell to do so. Which one do you sell? Neither gets used. The cheap one , just in case you change your mind? Or the dear one - that will fund the new car you seek? Neither gets used, remember. 

And imho, that is why Ulloa has a new contract and why, later this week, Slim will be on WeBuyAnyCar.com. 

11 hours ago, Matt said:

"What does racism have to do with anything?"

You tell me, you've played the card in previous posts, i'm just referring to them.

"Not good enough to start over Mahrez"

Correct, not at the moment, Mahrez seems to have pulled his socks up, last season...well Gray couldn't have been much worse but wasn't given a chance, i'd rather have seen him learning than play with 10 men, as I said not that you'd admit that of course.

"doesn't play Albrighton's role"

I'm not gonna slag Albrighton off because he was one of the slightly better performers last season and he's been great so far this season, that said Gray seemed to do well today and we actually started going forward and attacking when both Mahrez and Gray were on the field.

Yes and we also conceeded and got over run in midfield as a result.  

Slim can't play the Vardy role well enough and also doesn't make a very good CF despite being huge. So what is his role in the team? He isn't a plan B or part of plan A. 

13 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

So. You've done well for yourself. You have 5 cars sitting on your driveway. The first 3, you love. Use them all the time. They fit your driving style perfectly. The other two are big 4x4 cars that you don't really need as you rarely, if ever go off-road. You've no idea why you bought them. But one of them cost a fortune. It's an X5. The other is a beaten up old LandRover Defender. They just sit there. Losing value. You'd like to buy a few more new cars. But you need to sell to do so. Which one do you sell? Neither gets used. The cheap one , just in case you change your mind? Or the dear one - that will fund the new car you seek? Neither gets used, remember. 

And imho, that is why Ulloa has a new contract and why, later this week, Slim will be on WeBuyAnyCar.com. 

But you plan to go off-road more frequently this year. On the rare occasions you have needed to do so in the past, the cheap 4x4 that's at the end of its lifespan just gets stuck in the mud not really going anywhere or doing anything, which can be costly or even dangerous. While the newer more expensive one does the job perfectly. You think about what you could buy in exchange for the money from selling the expensive car, then you remember you hit the lottery 2 years ago and can afford to buy new cars without having to sell any of your current ones. In fact you've still got enough space in your garage to fit 2 more expensive cars if you wanted. Sure the upkeep might be pricey, but you feel better knowing you have spare cars to use in an emergency, especially as your cars tend to break down frequently and unexpectedly, then having to be sent in for repair for weeks at a time. And that is why I think (hope) we'll keep both Ulloa and Slim.

lol

26 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Top man!   You can't beat the defender for off road adventures!    Yer his name is leonardo.......

5 minutes ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

Selling Slimani but keeping Ulloa would rank pretty high on my 'Dumb Leicester mistakes' list. Somewhere in between the 'Jim Melrose/Tommy English swap deal' and that awful fvcking green Ind Coope shirt Ive still got in my bottom drawer.

Definitely although if Vardy and Nacho are as good a partnership as we think and the times when one of those in benched we stick shinji on and if all else fails we stick Ulloa on. I'm not sure where Slimani will feature.

kinda makes sense to sell if we get a good price, but no sense if he goes for next to nothing 

4 minutes ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

Ahead of Ulloa.

Every. Single. Day!

We're arguing who is fourth choice to be fair. But out of the two, Slimani is BY FAR the better player. Ulloa needs to drop a division.

Not that I disagree but that makes slim 4th choice for a 30 mil player. I like slim I think he offers more attack than Shinji, but seems Shakey has put him down the pecking order.

if I was Slim I'd want to be starting every game, but realistically that isn't going to happen and he will be a bench warmer. So he may have had a word about being sold 

Just now, Soundman said:

Not that I disagree but that makes slim 4th choice for a 30 mil player. I like slim I think he offers more attack than Shinji, but seems Shakey has put him down the pecking order.

if I was Slim I'd want to be starting every game, but realistically that isn't going to happen and he will be a bench warmer. So he may have had a word about being sold 

I just cannot get my head around people not getting this. We know he is better than Leo (as do the club) but Leo is currently content to be a squad player whilst slim isn't. 

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I just cannot get my head around people not getting this. We know he is better than Leo (as do the club) but Leo is currently content to be a squad player whilst slim isn't. 

Me either, personally I'd be starting slim and Vardy then stick shinji on second half to terrorise the team. He has more of a goal in him when the other team are shattered 

9 minutes ago, Soundman said:

Me either, personally I'd be starting slim and Vardy then stick shinji on second half to terrorise the team. He has more of a goal in him when the other team are shattered 

We tried that, didn't work. Shinji needs to start a game - otherwise don't bother as he's not a great sub.

Whatever configuration they go for, Slimani's ahead of Ulloa and there no point being a player down on transfer deadline day with a pot of cash in front of you.

They should have let Ulloa go, got whatever they could for him, but kept Slimani if/when they needed a target man.

9 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

If things turn out like this.

Drinkwater sold for 40 Million

Slimani sold for £25-30 Million

We have NOT actually spent any money have we.

We will have if there is any truth in paying 28 million for Andros Townsend ?

Archived