Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

15 hours ago, Eagle10 said:

The thing is, will he ever get the minutes he deserves here at Leicester? Unfortunately I don't think so, even if he always plays good when he comes on, Shakespeare seems to be a manager that only changes things when they are really not working, unless Vardy gets injured or Okazaki I don't think Slimani will ever be a starter, and there is Kelechi aswell.

Shakey has only had about 10 matches in charge, so it is a bit early to say, imho.

2 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I think that is decent call, some games don't suit Shinji at all (like WBA last season, as I remember). I do think we need some physical presence against Man U, so I think you have convinced me it is worth a shot.

Slim is a bit unlucky that Shinji has started well really, but all the evidence is that Shinji won't keep it up.

Every one of them has something different to offer. I'm not saying Slim's better, just more suited for the game against Man U.

Shame Ulloa has just signed a new contract else his name would've been on that story and I wouldn't have minded in him going there instead.

Slimani just appears slightly under-valued and it's getting quite frustrating.

Can imagine him being annoyed in knowing Ulloa is wanted still.

On 8/23/2017 at 13:02, Blue Fox 72 said:

With @Nannypig7 confirming earlier that Ulloa has signed a new contract, it looks likely that Slimani will be leaving and Leo will be a back up striker/target man. :ph34r:

This may be the case, but it seems wrong to me. Leo has shown himself to be rotten, and he's been featuring nonetheless. Seems a possible showcase to me, and if not, just a squad player at this point. 

If we move Slimani, we are ok getting weaker for a few bucks. That should concern us, if it turns out to be the case. There is no way we are a better team with Slimani gone, no matter what some of the benighted think, he has shown himself time and time again to be a critical threat that spreads the defense. He was hurt most of last season, and has been one of our best players if you include the preseason. Certainly hope he stays.

Ulloa and Slimani don't fit our style of play. We need quick forwards leading the line.

Other then being a plan b on the bench, they're not ideal in our preferred system.

I'd replace both of them in a heartbeat if we could find a young CF similar to Vardy.

2 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Ulloa and Slimani don't fit our style of play. We need quick forwards leading the line.

Other then being a plan b on the bench, they're not ideal in our preferred system.

I'd replace both of them in a heartbeat if we could find a young CF similar to Vardy.

Well yeah as would I, but sometimes a plan B is required.

On 23/08/2017 at 22:02, Blue Fox 72 said:

With @Nannypig7 confirming earlier that Ulloa has signed a new contract, it looks likely that Slimani will be leaving and Leo will be a back up striker/target man. :ph34r:

Watford will be a good destination for Jim, especially with his former coach. 

For LCFC, it's enough to recoup a lot of money. Slim to Watford ans Mahrez to Chelsea, i am sur for those deals 

2 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

If we are to get rid of Slim I hope we let him go on loan for a year not sell. Give him a chance to prove to CS he can cut it in the premier league.

Or more realistically prove to the new manager as CS isn't going to last long if his idea of progress is giving chances to the likes Hamer and Ulloa above better players.

For me it's all about price. If we were offered £20m I'd be keeping Slimani. For £30m I'd sell a player who won't get ahead of Vardy and isn't suited to playing No10 and will be 30 next year.

Considering we have Iheanacho and Vardy as our likely pairing and Okazaki is our 3rd choice I think Slimani will play limited minutes this season. Ulloa gets a lot of flack but I still think he's as good as when we signed him and fits into that 4th striker option who offers something different.

My year long plan would be sell Slimani, keep Ulloa and then next summer maybe move Ulloa on to a Championship club for £5m and buy a younger striker to supplement Vardy and Iheanacho.

44 minutes ago, matty98 said:

At the moment I think we have 3 strikers who could lead the line, Vardy, Slimani and Ulloa. If Vardy was to get injured or suspended and Slimani sold we'd be stuck with Ulloa upfront. Slimani has to stay.

That's exactly what the seelers don't want to see. We'd look fine upfront with Ulloa/Okazaki or Nacho/Ulloa. Not to speak about the fact that we won't get a striker as good for the same price.

Archived