Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

I'm happy for Slimani to go for anything near our money back. He's not going to get ahead of Vardy as No9 and Iheanacho and Okazaki are ahead of him as No10. Even with an injury to Vardy I believe we'll play Iheanacho as No9 and Okazaki as No10. Ulloa may not be as good as Slimani but I still believe in him as a 4th choice striker and he's a much cheaper option for that bit part role.

I just think it's good business to get £25m-30m for a 29 year old squad player. He's been a poor buy for us mostly because of our shortcomings than his, we can't really fit him into the team and if we can make a mistake and get our money back then that's great.

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I'm happy for Slimani to go for anything near our money back. He's not going to get ahead of Vardy as No9 and Iheanacho and Okazaki are ahead of him as No10. Even with an injury to Vardy I believe we'll play Iheanacho as No9 and Okazaki as No10. Ulloa may not be as good as Slimani but I still believe in him as a 4th choice striker and he's a much cheaper option for that bit part role.

I just think it's good business to get £25m-30m for a 29 year old squad player. He's been a poor buy for us mostly because of our shortcomings than his, we can't really fit him into the team and if we can make a mistake and get our money back then that's great.

I agree with this, but I just wish we'd shipped out Ulloa and kept Slimani. Think it'll prove to be a bad idea in the long run.

Do people think we are actually gonna get someone better than Slimani to be a sub? He has limitations but he's a good player. It will be sad to see him leave.

Looks like the OP from @Abrasive fox is not far from the truth. I would expect that Slimani will be gone by Thursday if we can get a reasonable fee for him. I doubt very much we'll recoup anything like the reported £29m that we paid for him but for upwards of £20m we should cut our losses.

Just now, chapero82 said:

Everybody decent wants to leave us apart from Vardy 

Can't blame slimani, at his stage in his career he wants regular football, and I would be disillusioned if I was him, not getting a look in, because the manager constantly picks Okazaki over him, good luck to him if he leaves.

Archived