Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

13 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

If we can get back what we paid I'd sell every time. He's scored a few but his injury record is questionable and he's short of a yard of pace for The Prem.

£20m head but £3m feet unfortunately.

Bang him in another Premier team, give him some games, one that is willing to play to his strengths, instead of only playing one way to suit their other striker, and he will get 20 goals a season in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Bang him in another Premier team, give him some games, one that is willing to play to his strengths, instead of only playing one way to suit their other striker, and he will get 20 goals a season in my opinion.

Possibly so. But we're not that team and aren't going to be any time soon so it makes most sense to sell if we can get our money back?

1 hour ago, Gary Eatfood said:

But surely if Slim goes we won't get anyone in to replace him. Ulloa is the Plan B. He's happy to play back-up whereas Slim isn't.

This is what worries me, that we are happy to have Ulloa as a plan B.

We really need to be improving the squad year on year.

Selling Slimani and keeping Ulloa as a Plan B is not doing it.

1 minute ago, smudger63 said:

This is what worries me, that we are happy to have Ulloa as a plan B.

We really need to be improving the squad year on year.

Selling Slimani and keeping Ulloa as a Plan B is not doing it.

Agreed. Seems like it's more a case of keeping the squad harmonious than actually keeping hold of the better player. Slim is by far the better player. I really hope he stays but it seems unlikely.

If Shakey really believed that Ulloa was worth his place in the squad then surely he would've been on the bench yesterday instead of Slim, especially after just signing a new contract.

Big provocative headline but not much detai in it as you'd expect.

Leicester facing exodus as Riyad Mahrez, Danny Drinkwater and Islam Slimani edge towards exit.

https://www.google.dk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/27/leicester-facing-exodus-asriyad-mahrez-danny-drinkwater-islam/amp/

27 minutes ago, Koke said:

Leicester facing exodus as Riyad Mahrez, Danny Drinkwater and Islam Slimani edge towards exit.

https://www.google.dk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/27/leicester-facing-exodus-asriyad-mahrez-danny-drinkwater-islam/amp/

For there to be an exodus this would HAVE to be sanctioned by the Club.   To let 3 players leave with either no or with inferior replacements coming in, smacks of negligence and asking for trouble.   The next days will say a lot about our Owners ambitions' for LCFC.

56 minutes ago, SportsNut1908 said:

Jovetic to have medical & sign for Monaco today. Not sure they'll spend more on strikers. Didn't look like they needed too after watching them last night. 

The FCMonaco coach, Leonardo Jardim wants Slimani because he worked with him in Sporting and knows what's Slim is able to do. Despite Jovetic's signature, Slim is waited to complete their squad. 

1 hour ago, Koke said:

So Kasper has saved more penalties at OT than his dad did.

I think I could do that even with my broken hip.

I bet his dad only faced 1penalty every five years. Unlike the opposition keepers facing one every game and 20mins extra time.

7 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I bet his dad only faced 1penalty every five years. Unlike the opposition keepers facing one every game and 20mins extra time.

Peter only faced 3 penalties at Old Trafford in 8 years.

I think some of our fans are going to be disappointed in the near future.

It seems that the fans that are saying "sell Slimani" are also the ones considering replacements for him...........

There isn't going to be a replacement for him.

It was a choice between Ulloa and Slimani, the difference being Ulloa is (slightly) happier to rotate in the squad (as long as he sees that it does rotate), and Slimani being worth more in the transfer market. 

We're not going to go through the season with 5 first team strikers, so don't expect anyone to come in when Slimani goes. (And with Ulloa signing a new contract, Slimani will go assuming there is a suitable offer).

Personally, I would have preferred to keep Slimani over Ulloa, but Slim wouldn't have been happy. It's been an awkward situation.

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

That's an amazing stat TBF.

Archived