Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chapero82

Steve Walsh Snr

10 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Is starting to wind me up! Says he's left us in the best position going forward but starts taking our targets now our scouts!

He did leave us the best position, and people are free to move jobs. 

Normal situation that that happens everywhere every day 

6 minutes ago, stevelcfc said:

Rather than getting annoyed at Everton or Walsh at poaching our best backroom talent, how about we look internally and ask A) Why they want to move and B) Why are we letting them go so freely? 

Or meh? :dunno:

22 minutes ago, SpazticChicken said:

Says in the article, Scandinavia scout Ole Nielsen. Likely responsible for Amartey and Daniel Iversen

If that's the case then this Nielsen fella doesn't sound much of a loss.

Anyway if we're changing our recruitment strategy by focusing on players from within this country, Nielsen could have found himself surplus to requirements.

24 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Bit cheesy that. Yeah go to pastures new but don't rip out the club in the process. Dick move really

It's a highly competitive industry, don't hate the player, hate the game.

What I would like to know is why the club didn't fight tooth and nail to keep him. It looks like we took his resignation as lightly as one of the staff leaving the club shop. I'm convinced he would have stayed if he was given a bigger salary and more power to do his job.

1 hour ago, Rob1742 said:

He did leave us the best position, and people are free to move jobs. 

Normal situation that that happens everywhere every day 

Undoubtedly. But so much for Leicester's backroom hero. Advice for life:- never assume anything about anyone.   

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

It's a highly competitive industry, don't hate the player, hate the game.

What I would like to know is why the club didn't fight tooth and nail to keep him. It looks like we took his resignation as lightly as one of the staff leaving the club shop. I'm convinced he would have stayed if he was given a bigger salary and more power to do his job.

Didn't he mention wanting to be closer to his family? Why would anyone try to persuade him against that?  

2 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Didn't he mention wanting to be closer to his family? Why would anyone try to persuade him against that?  

I think the point is the scout not Walsh. I dont think Merseyside is that much closer to Scandinavia than Leicester. 

8 minutes ago, Gerard said:

why the club didn't fight tooth and nail to keep him

Think it was a Claudio thing, tbh...He didn't fancy Walsh and maybe saw that he had a bit too much power? I agree he went easily

Just now, Thracian said:

Sounds like a bullshit excuse to me. We're talking about someone who was integral to the club, you don't let people like that walk away willy nilly just because they say so. If Leicester had really wanted to keep him then his location isn't a problem.

He's a scout, he could spend half his life in Lancashire if he wanted. He doesn't need to be at the club every day which is only a two hour drive away from Lancashire.

Who cares. Walsh has gone, for whatever reasons - why should anybody on here deny him that. The job he did he was superb and he should always be respected.

Are you lot going to decide whether your work colleagues should leave as well? It's always the same people coming over bitter. Wether it's Walsh, Kante and I remember the hammer Vardy got when he was linked with Arsenal. Respect people for what they achieved here and leave them be.

Not really walshes fault I blame our shambles of a club organisation wise that our scouts and probably players soon are easily available, why aren't we doing our best to keep them? Should of offered Walsh the position and double the money what Everton were asking. 

34 minutes ago, dayday said:

As somebody that looks at other teams forums, he isn't that well respected at Everton.

And at Leicester,Yes he did get Kante, and Mahrez by pure fluke, other than that he isn't nowt special.

Yeah he only picked up Kante, Mahrez and Vardy who were the most significant players in us winning the top flight for the first time ever. Nowt special that.

He's been at Everton for a year. Anybody that expected him to walk in and bring in a load of stars isn't watching the right sport.

57 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah he only picked up Kante, Mahrez and Vardy who were the most significant players in us winning the top flight for the first time ever. Nowt special that.

He's been at Everton for a year. Anybody that expected him to walk in and bring in a load of stars isn't watching the right sport.

Oh absolutely but I do hope they don't give him time, it would make me feel a bit better.

Archived