Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Liverpool (PL Asia Trophy - Final) Pre-match thread Sat 22nd July

Just now, lgfualol said:

I wonder if we will actually try win this. 

Schmeichel

Simpson Morgan Maguire

Albrighton Iborra James Fuchs

Mahrez

Vardy Slim

that's actually the strongest one possible (minus ndidi and huth)

I would like to see us experiment with different tactics.... but given how limited we were Vs WBA as soon as Vardy came on & we played it long with Mahrez off, I'm not sure we've got the capability to play anything other than 4411/442

Liverpool played 4411 Vs Palace today

I suppose the thing to remember is it's about fitness & preparedness, getting through the games rather than re-inventing the wheel - But I would just love for us to have something else in our bag of tricks than old faithful

I'd like to see Musa at LW for this one, if the rumours about him doing well in training are true.

Think his pace would be useful defensively because he can help Fuchs out by doubling up on Salah. Then if Clyne pushes forward, Musa will have lots of space on the counter.

I think there will be a good few changes whichever lineup starts, If only to help with the heat and humidity. Maybe a strong start try and get ahead then just frustrate them for the rest of the game.

Fuchs will need a hand with Salah so we may see Chilwell get a run out. I'd like to see James get another half game to see how he gets on against good opposition.

It would be nice to win another Trophy if only to keep moral high and the players focused.

27 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I think there will be a good few changes whichever lineup starts, If only to help with the heat and humidity. Maybe a strong start try and get ahead then just frustrate them for the rest of the game.

Fuchs will need a hand with Salah so we may see Chilwell get a run out. I'd like to see James get another half game to see how he gets on against good opposition.

It would be nice to win another Trophy if only to keep moral high and the players focused.

I think Chilwell and Gray are on holiday still, so not with the team. Musa deserves some time, even if we are just using it as a shopwindow for him.

The lads done good today, but a bit blunt going forward against a typical Pulis defence. The new Spaniard looked commanding and the youth players gave a reasonable show. Tactically it was less good, as the best crosses were second half, with the main target man gone off. 

2 hours ago, foxinsox said:

I think Chilwell and Gray are on holiday still, so not with the team. Musa deserves some time, even if we are just using it as a shopwindow for him.

The lads done good today, but a bit blunt going forward against a typical Pulis defence. The new Spaniard looked commanding and the youth players gave a reasonable show. Tactically it was less good, as the best crosses were second half, with the main target man gone off. 

Thanks, I didn't realize they weren't in Hong Kong. Musa does deserve some time if only as you say to showcase him. He doesn't have the defensive qualities to play the midfield role. His best position i believe is in and around the Box. A bit like Michael Owen used to play for Liverpool. Pace when needed, but also the ability to find space in tight area's. That's not Shakey's style and so I don't see him having any long term future here.

I also liked the young lads especially Moore Although you have to allow for the fact that there were no flying tackles. But still they dealt well with anything presented to them. I'd say the next move is to get them out to a Championship club on Loan. 

All around it was a good workout with no injuries. On to Saturday and i expect a stronger lineup.

5 hours ago, cc_star said:

I would like to see us experiment with different tactics.... but given how limited we were Vs WBA as soon as Vardy came on & we played it long with Mahrez off, I'm not sure we've got the capability to play anything other than 4411/442

Liverpool played 4411 Vs Palace today

I suppose the thing to remember is it's about fitness & preparedness, getting through the games rather than re-inventing the wheel - But I would just love for us to have something else in our bag of tricks than old faithful

....we would if we signed Sigurdsson! 

Kasper

Simpson

Maguire

Morgan

Fuchs

Albrighton

James

Iborra

Barnes

Lawrence

Vardy

At some point 2nd half

Kasper

Amartey

Maguire

Benalouane

Fuchs

Mahrez

Drinkwater

Ndidi

Musa

Okazaki

Slimani

8 hours ago, nnfox said:

We tend to struggle against Liverpool away. If you offered me a point now, I'd probably take it.

It's funny but years ago we always used to be there bogie team. Remember one year we were not going so well but still did the double on them.

3-1 win for us. 

Archived