Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Ahmed Musa - Possible Loan Move

4 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Hell, yes. Gray might have a problem with the last decision (can be adressed) but one in their right mind would play Musa over Gray. The former doesn't even make it to bench most of the time since Shakespeare took over and it's not going to change anytime soon.

Loan or sell him.

I think Gray has the most potential, but it's all potential currently. Based on flashes of brilliance, friendlies and U23 appearances for England. I'd say him and Musa or neck and neck for the starting place if Riyad goes personally. 

Wasn't be brought in to be the 'pacy' option if Vardy was out? With Kelechi, we have that alternative option up top.

I'm so disappointed with how it's turned out as he seemed such an exciting signing at the time and the 2 goals against Barca certainly whetted the appetite.

If we can loan him out for the season that would be the best option, see how he does and take it from there.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Not a chance I'd let him go, short of wide men, could lose another. Seen enough to know he has something to offer. Some really bright moments preseason.

I agree with this. He should be viewed, by all, as a wide man or winger.

He has the pace to beat a man and can cut inside to have a go himself, from what I've seen.

I think it did him no favours, when he arrived, and nobody pinned his position down to either wide or striker.

Despite some of his dross performances, I've always felt he's another that just hasn't fit into our way of playing... I can almost guarantee that a Musa in a pass and move football side like Bournemouth or Everton playing as a winger who cuts in would be absolutely lethal! He'd actually fit in really nicely with a team like BMG who played that way on Friday.

The fact is we don't play that way and therefore he has just been shoehorned in to get appearances here and there... so I can't tell whether it's just best to let him go or not to be honest, I very much doubt we are going to change our approach any time soon.

36 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I agree with this. He should be viewed, by all, as a wide man or winger.

He has the pace to beat a man and can cut inside to have a go himself, from what I've seen.

I think it did him no favours, when he arrived, and nobody pinned his position down to either wide or striker.

He's an absolutely shite footballer and a good half against Burton doesn't change this. 

8 minutes ago, toddybad said:

He's an absolutely shite footballer and a good half against Burton doesn't change this. 

He does have certain qualities like pace and can sometimes easily beat his man from a standing start when he pokes it past him and turn the burners on but that's about it. Technically he's awful.

Said it before and I'll say it again mid way through last season we seen a glimpse of just how much of dangerous player he could be for us after a run of a few games in the starting 11 then for no reason he was dropped, clearly a run of games would give the lad confidence to show what he's all about unfortunately I just can't see Shakey dropping golden boy Albrighton so we may never actually see it

19 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Said it before and I'll say it again mid way through last season we seen a glimpse of just how much of dangerous player he could be for us after a run of a few games in the starting 11 then for no reason he was dropped, clearly a run of games would give the lad confidence to show what he's all about unfortunately I just can't see Shakey dropping golden boy Albrighton so we may never actually see it

No idea what you think you've been watching. Last season he scored two crackers against Barca in pre-season, did well vs Everton in the cup but was an unmitigated disaster aside from that. Far from showing glimpses of his talent, I'd suggest that those two games are more a reminder that even shit players can have the odd good moment. The rest of the time he was miscontrolling simple passes, his own 5 yard passes were going straight out of play, he ran the ball straight off the pitch, passed backwards into danger when we were hanging on for results and generally looked worse than even Peter Taylor's rejects. He genuinally looked like the worst player I've ever seen in a city shirt for a good 6 months which really is some going considering our history.

1 hour ago, toddybad said:

No idea what you think you've been watching. Last season he scored two crackers against Barca in pre-season, did well vs Everton in the cup but was an unmitigated disaster aside from that. Far from showing glimpses of his talent, I'd suggest that those two games are more a reminder that even shit players can have the odd good moment. The rest of the time he was miscontrolling simple passes, his own 5 yard passes were going straight out of play, he ran the ball straight off the pitch, passed backwards into danger when we were hanging on for results and generally looked worse than even Peter Taylor's rejects. He genuinally looked like the worst player I've ever seen in a city shirt for a good 6 months which really is some going considering our history.

Must've been another Musa that had a 3/4 game run in the side on the LW and looked decent then.... I'm sure I remember him looking pretty Dangerous v Palace, Spurs and wba when he had a little run of games... I obviously watch a different game though... I don't care who you are football is a confidence game and he was clearly lacking that last season as I said it probably doesn't help when you come into the team play well(I personally thought he played well) then all of a sudden are dropped again

A player with his pace should never be written off. There will be open games which he would be ideal for to either start or come on as a sub. He has shown enough to stick around the first team.

We've made Lloyd Dyer and Jeff Schluup serve a purpose in our teams before, that says it all. They had just as shit technical ability as Musa.

What is it with our fans obsession of sending prime level players on loan. There's nothing to be gained from him playing in a shit team in a rough house league.

As with all our players, don't write them off too soon.

6 hours ago, EnglishOxide said:

A player with his pace should never be written off. There will be open games which he would be ideal for to either start or come on as a sub. He has shown enough to stick around the first team.

We've made Lloyd Dyer and Jeff Schluup serve a purpose in our teams before, that says it all. They had just as shit technical ability as Musa.

What is it with our fans obsession of sending prime level players on loan. There's nothing to be gained from him playing in a shit team in a rough house league.

As with all our players, don't write them off too soon.

He's not even shit technically, he's just massively inconsistent.

The key is figuring out how you get consistency from him. 

10 hours ago, toddybad said:

Exactly.

The mainstream mentality on this thread seems to be, ignore 95% of what we have seen which has been bad beyond belief. Then focus us on very rare pieces of good play, and say that is his true level!  

The logic then is, drop other players that have performed, to give him more game time.

We don't owe these players anything; they are rewarded financially beyond comprehension so if they don't perform they need to be moved on. We are not in a league where a team can carry passengers, where having any outfield player, be so poor in a game costs us points. 

The sooner he is gone and lessening the wage bill the better. 

Just now, Vindaloo FOX said:

Matches as

A
Centre-Forward 77 30 16
Left Wing 31 8 6
Right Wing 15 4 1

Musa's record at CSKA , he should be played as a striker i also think he would do well in a 433 on the left . 

being a winger in a 442 will not workout for him. 

Decent figures there.

Which would be all well and good if they bore any resemblance to what we have actually seen in the PL. Which they obviously don't.

How and when would he be starting for us up front, bearing in mind, in the round, he's been shit wherever he has been positioned? 

6 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Decent figures there.

Which would be all well and good if they bore any resemblance to what we have actually seen in the PL. Which they obviously don't.

How and when would he be starting for us up front, bearing in mind, in the round, he's been shit wherever he has been positioned? 

They are good figures. Not just for a striker (which, imo, it has been proven, is a position not suited for him in the Premier League), but they are good figures for a winger. That's his position.

7 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Decent figures there.

He hasnt though.  He has put in some good performances.  This season he will be given opportunity in the cups, if he stays

44 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

He hasnt though.  He has put in some good performances.  This season he will be given opportunity in the cups, if he stays

Name me some good performances without using the words Everton or Barcelona. 

Archived