Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Ahmed Musa - Possible Loan Move

1 hour ago, MrSpaM said:

Thought he had a good game tonight tbh

Yep. Best player first half by a distance. It's there, he just looks shot of confidence to me. If he gets that and some help adjusting to the physicality, he could be class.

4 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I still think that Ahmed Musa can come good. He has clearly been bulking up this summer and is still one of if not the fastest player in the league.

But......

He's not going to going to come good unless he has a run of games say 6 or 7 starts and that does not look like happening any time soon with Albrighton, Gray and Mahrez ahead of him on the wings and Vardy, Slimani, Kelichi and argueably Shinji and Leo ahead of him up front.

So maybe on balance we are best to sell to a club who has a plan on how best to utilise his talents its not good for the player or the squad in general to have sort after players not even in the match day squad.

They only want to loan him because we're probably paying ridiculous wages

If he can't make the breakthrough, I'd do a 90 day loan to a Championship club, he'll get a better hand on physicality of English game & you'd hope he'd bag some & his confidence will be up... And he'll be re-joining us at a busy time of the season

42 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I still think that Ahmed Musa can come good. He has clearly been bulking up this summer and is still one of if not the fastest player in the league.

But......

He's not going to going to come good unless he has a run of games say 6 or 7 starts and that does not look like happening any time soon with Albrighton, Gray and Mahrez ahead of him on the wings and Vardy, Slimani, Kelichi and argueably Shinji and Leo ahead of him up front.

So maybe on balance we are best to sell to a club who has a plan on how best to utilise his talents its not good for the player or the squad in general to have sort after players not even in the match day squad.

He lacks too many basic skills to persevere with. His ball control and especially his weight of pass are shocking. He has certain qualities but lacks appallingly on too many others and they're the type of skills at his age you either have it or you don't and no amount of training is going to alter that significantly.

We should be trying to recoup as much money as possible whether that be a transfer fee or a loan fee with wages covered. There's no harm in admitting to ourselves it was bad business from the start and trying to recoup what we can.

24 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I got the feeling that ihenacho was looking forward to teaming up with ndidi and musa after listening to his interview yesterday, so I doubt we'll be looking to sell musa just yet.

Totally agree. I am also now curious to see if Musa can step up his level now that he has had time to settle. I'd be tempted to give him 6 months to prove himself, similar to Mendy, unless a big offer comes in for either. A loan deal for Mendy makes more sense than Musa. Come on Musa, prove us doubters wrong!

Will always love him for that Barca goal, especially being stood behind the goal thinking he can't can he....

What an introduction that was, he just hasn't lived up to it. Endeavour has always been there, thinking back to Spurs away last season. 

Perhsps a loan move to gain game time will benefit him and we could have the player we thought on our hands. 

I see no point in loaning him to a rival. We save a few quid and they get any benefit. We either keep him or sell him. I'd keep him and sell Ulloa.

5 minutes ago, FIF said:

I see no point in loaning him to a rival. We save a few quid and they get any benefit. We either keep him or sell him. I'd keep him and sell Ulloa.

I agree

Although it's said a new deal for Ulloa is close, which means keeping Slimani must be in doubt

10 minutes ago, cc_star said:

I agree

Although it's said a new deal for Ulloa is close, which means keeping Slimani must be in doubt

Makes no sense to me.

We've had our money's worth out of Ulloa and he no longer has the quality we need. He would love a new deal so that he can sit and complain about not playing whilst earning money no-one else will pay him. I say let him go at whatever price to anyone who wants him. Hopefully a prem team which'll prove they are so much weaker than us. Slimani hasn't paid his money off yet and he still could. If Vardy is injured or hits a bad patch like last season then Slim and Nacho could be a winning formula.

1 minute ago, FIF said:

Makes no sense to me.

We've had our money's worth out of Ulloa and he no longer has the quality we need. He would love a new deal so that he can sit and complain about not playing whilst earning money no-one else will pay him. I say let him go at whatever price to anyone who wants him. Hopefully a prem team which'll prove they are so much weaker than us. Slimani hasn't paid his money off yet and he still could. If Vardy is injured or hits a bad patch like last season then Slim and Nacho could be a winning formula.

Exactly

We just need to get Slim out of the treatment room to score all the goals he's obviously capable of

2 hours ago, cc_star said:

They only want to loan him because we're probably paying ridiculous wages

If he can't make the breakthrough, I'd do a 90 day loan to a Championship club, he'll get a better hand on physicality of English game & you'd hope he'd bag some & his confidence will be up... And he'll be re-joining us at a busy time of the season

FYI you can't do 90 days loans anymore. It's six months or full season. 

Archived