Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Ahmed Musa - Possible Loan Move

1 hour ago, s11nny said:

sounds promising. would rather sell for £16m than loan to hull

Sounds like a load of crap to me, if we got most of our money back on Musa that would be great business by the club.

I don't believe for a second Fenerbache were prepared to pay £16m for Musa. If it was up to me I'd be trying to force Hull into buying him. We already owe them a lot of money for Maguire and Jakupovic so we could neutralise those payments.

Slutsky has already worked with Musa for four years so he knows exactly what he brings to the table. We've already seen what quality Championship players go for and it would be a real coup for Hull to bring in a 24 year old player who has so much Champions League and international experience who has settled in England for a year. 

7 minutes ago, Libertine said:

He would rag the Championship to be fair. Loan wouldn't be the end of the world, send him there and get some confidence.

You reckon.....really?

I think he would get eaten alive.....he's doggo imo

2 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

He's been one of our better strikers during pre season so I'm not really sure why people are so willing to let him go :unsure:

We need backup for Vardy and Nacho, currently Musa is that backup

What about Slimani, Okazaki and Ulloa?

Also if we want a quick No9 we'd put Iheanacho there before Musa.

Just now, Gerard said:

What about Slimani, Okazaki and Ulloa?

Also if we want a quick No9 we'd put Iheanacho there before Musa.

I'd prefer to still have that option if somebody gets injured tbh

If Vardy and Nacho are both injured at some point this season are we really going to be playing Slimani and Okazaki up front? Considering our counter attacking game is that really going to work?

I honestly think Leo will go somewhere on loan anyway, so that leaves us with no strikers on the bench should unfortunate injuries occur. I know Tom Lawrence is an option but he's completely unproven at this level

1 minute ago, MrSpaM said:

I'd prefer to still have that option if somebody gets injured tbh

If Vardy and Nacho are both injured at some point this season are we really going to be playing Slimani and Okazaki up front? Considering our counter attacking game is that really going to work?

I honestly think Leo will go somewhere on loan anyway, so that leaves us with no strikers on the bench should unfortunate injuries occur. I know Tom Lawrence is an option but he's completely unproven at this level

Considering we don't have Europe then we already have six players who can play up top in Vardy, Iheanacho, Slimani, Ulloa, Okazaki and Musa.

If we have an injury crisis to our forwards then Mahrez, Gray, Lawrence and possibly Barnes can play No10.

Granted that some of those may not be here by the end of the month but I think we're already top heavy in strikers considering we'll be playing once a week most weeks.

Just now, Gerard said:

Considering we don't have Europe then we already have six players who can play up top in Vardy, Iheanacho, Slimani, Ulloa, Okazaki and Musa.

If we have an injury crisis to our forwards then Mahrez, Gray, Lawrence and possibly Barnes can play No10.

Granted that some of those may not be here by the end of the month but I think we're already top heavy in strikers considering we'll be playing once a week most weeks.

Agreed were top heavy currently, but I don't think Musa should necessarily be the first out the door if were looking to lighten up the options

6 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

Agreed were top heavy currently, but I don't think Musa should necessarily be the first out the door if were looking to lighten up the options

I'd sell any of Slimani, Musa, Ulloa or Okazaki for the price we paid for them to be honest.

8 hours ago, Finn Claw II said:

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-transfer-news-hull-297610

£16m for Musa - if Fenerbache have bid that, then send him on his way.

Fenerbache are about to spend £9m to sign Roberto Soldado. If they class Musa as a striker, they won't want him now - or at least won't want to spend £16m on him.

Archived