Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Ahmed Musa - Possible Loan Move

3 hours ago, FIF said:

Why does the price worry you? 

We need quality reserve strikers - they come at a price.

We need to offload Ulloa who has no quality.

The price always concerns me.

You do realise we're not a bottomless pit?

Every Pound spent today is a Pound less we'll have to spend in the future. If a club like us continue to not get value from our transfers then we'll get relegated. There is no value on spending £20-£30m on players approaching 30 who aren't good enough to be in the first XI when everyone is fit.

Abel Hernandez out for about 8 months so Hull in the market for a striker. Slutsky has talked to the Hull media about hopefully bringing in Musa. It's been suggested to me that Musa might just sit on his backside and keep the money coming in rather than dropping to the Championship. Hull also linked with Zohore at Cardiff.

I'm kinda at the conclusion recently that the only reason Musa is still here (and take a deep breath before reading this) is because he's backup to Vardy's position if he gets injured. He's certainly not a winger unless we are just putting a square peg in a round hole - like we have done.

Outside of that i don't understand why he's still here anymore :whistle:

38 minutes ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

I'm kinda at the conclusion recently that the only reason Musa is still here (and take a deep breath before reading this) is because he's backup to Vardy's position if he gets injured. He's certainly not a winger unless we are just putting a square peg in a round hole - like we have done.

The little run of games he had for us (3 games) he was played on the wing and looked 10x more dangerous than he has through the middle... he's a winger not a st

38 minutes ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

He's not a winger or a striker..

infact, I'm not sure what he is.

He hasn't cost us that much so far, As his fee is spread over 5 years. The problem in going to the Championship is his salary. Hull are unlikely to be willing to pay all of his salary so we may have to suck up some of it.

For us to recover our investment he has to play somewhere and perform well. Otherwise, he'll be a liability to us.

I think Shakey has decided to move on from him and get his own players in. So the sooner he's gone the better.

2 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

That's quality. Even more reason to bin him if he feels politics make him fun around like a headless chicken. Also if politics make him unable to trap or pass a ball. A delusional footballer without insight will never effectively work on his weaknesses. Sack him off quickly, before his "politics" becomes contagious in the squad!!

55 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He hasn't cost us that much so far, As his fee is spread over 5 years. The problem in going to the Championship is his salary. Hull are unlikely to be willing to pay all of his salary so we may have to suck up some of it.

For us to recover our investment he has to play somewhere and perform well. Otherwise, he'll be a liability to us.

I think Shakey has decided to move on from him and get his own players in. So the sooner he's gone the better.

I'm not sure you understand the fee properly.

Even if it is spread over the length of the contract it still has to be paid whenever you sell him. Only add-ons like appearances and goals etc... don't have to be paid if targets not reached.

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Politics, Unless politics have caused him

to be incredibly shit I doubt that's the answer to be honest.

Sounds like Pinnick needs to watch Musa play - in the bustling reality of the Premiership, rather than the sunshine of Africa or the odd pre-season friendy.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

I'm not sure you understand the fee properly.

Even if it is spread over the length of the contract it still has to be paid whenever you sell him. Only add-ons like appearances and goals etc... don't have to be paid if targets not reached.

Yes, you're correct. The agreed fee has to be paid. but if we can sell him on then hopefully we recover either all or most of it in the sell on.

On average the Transfer Fees is never really the problem as it's part of a constant pool of money moving up and down each year. The sell on value is often factored into the figure. ( although with the big Clubs that seems to be gone out the Window lately. )

The real problem is the Salary as that's a constant eating into the annual Salary budget for a player who's not likely to be playing in the first team. that's a drain on clubs, whereas Clubs like to know they have a quality squad to meet their playing needs.

The difficulty we have with Musa is his salary is like to be higher than most Championship clubs can afford to pay.

Plus the fact that he hasn't really proved himself over here yet. Clubs are unlikely to buy for the price we want, as they don't want to be saddled with him either. So the next best option is a loan. If he succeeds then fine we might even make a profit on him. Which is why we need to get him playing somewhere and into the shop window.

At least the Hull Manager knows what he's capable of and so is likely our best option.

24 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Please please please bin the useless cvnt off. Arrogant as well as useless.

Wouldn't be surprised if Musa started today in the manager's office explaining those comments, rather than out on the training pitch.

Perhaps Pinnick will put some money where his mouth is and buy him if he rates him so highly. And offer him a chance to shine in his PR department.

Even if the comments are true Musa, or whoever else prompted those comments,   should know there's a time and place for free speech in the UK. When no-one is listening and behind closed doors.                

14 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

We might see movement on this now

IMG_1120.thumb.PNG.69aed985951696e5382b87582d1fad0b.PNG

Loan move to start every game in the Championship for 3-6 months would be a decent way to have a look at him. Tough, physical league. If he truly shines, then worth holding onto as he is still young. If he does nothing of note. We know to cut our losses and sell him in January. 

Archived