Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Ahmed Musa - Possible Loan Move

He won't make the bench at present, we're overloaded.

Would loan him rather than sell him at the moment to a premier league club. We'd have an enourmous amount of egg on our face if he's a success somewhere else over here.

15 hours ago, Tuna said:

He won't make the bench at present, we're overloaded.

Would loan him rather than sell him at the moment to a premier league club. We'd have an enourmous amount of egg on our face if he's a success somewhere else over here.

Eh, we have five others. One may be leaving. One has constant rumours about him leaving. One is untested in the Premier League. And one is a youngster. There's no way you can be sure Lawrence is better than Musa before Lawrence has played a single Premier League match. I'm not even sure Gray is better than Musa although Gray has more potential. I wouldn't be sad to see him loaned out although I'd wait to see how Lawrence pans out first.

26 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Loan to Hull the most likely at the moment, shame as he's keen to stay and show what he can do.

6 months at Hull and review it in Jan would be my call. He's still a young player.

That's true, in Nigerian years he is practically still an embryo.

38 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Loan to Hull the most likely at the moment, shame as he's keen to stay and show what he can do.

6 months at Hull and review it in Jan would be my call. He's still a young player.

Would be surprised, if we did that then it would have to mean keeping Lawrence and I'm not sure he's good enough.

56 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

24 - 25 in three months - is not young.

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

I think a loan to Hull is a great move, especially being reunited with Slutsky who may feel he's got the best player in the Championship?

If he's got anything about him at all he should be tearing up the Championship and an attacking player that performs well at that level is worth £10m+. The only pity is that we never got to do a swap deal for Maguire.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Would be surprised, if we did that then it would have to mean keeping Lawrence and I'm not sure he's good enough.

If we keep Lawrence then he'll surely sign a new contract. We can assess him for a season here where he'll probably start all the cup games and get a lot of chances to force his way in the team with sub appearances etc. If he doesn't make an impact then a Championship club would spend good money on him this time next year.

If we've already turned down £7m then we must be confident he will fetch more money or we think he has something to offer us.

54 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I think a loan to Hull is a great move, especially being reunited with Slutsky who may feel he's got the best player in the Championship?

If he's got anything about him at all he should be tearing up the Championship and an attacking player that performs well at that level is worth £10m+. The only pity is that we never got to do a swap deal for Maguire.

Risk would be that if he doesn't perform well or outshines that league then we have a worthless player on our books.

42 minutes ago, s11nny said:

Risk would be that if he doesn't perform well or outshines that league then we have a worthless player on our books.

With no concrete offers from anyone to buy him he's more or less worthless at the moment anyway.

For his value to be anything near like what we paid he's going to have to perform this season whether that's with us, West Brom or Hull.

3 hours ago, ronnup said:

So who starts for you then? Do you really think Gray showed a lot more than Musa in pre season? 

Hell, yes. Gray might have a problem with the last decision (can be adressed) but one in their right mind would play Musa over Gray. The former doesn't even make it to bench most of the time since Shakespeare took over and it's not going to change anytime soon.

Loan or sell him.

I think he'll go to Hull, he'll be with a manager that has time for him and knows him.

Listening to Slutky, the guy seems very passionate about the game and what he has to do.

He's also learned English in 6 months just to make sure he can relay his tactics to the team.

As for Musa, he's done fine in pre-season but I think he'd have to score every game to turn this forum around.

But like I've said before I'll go with Shakespeares decision......... He might just keep him to keep Nacho happy

Best of luck to the guy either way    :thumbup:

10 hours ago, ronnup said:

He starts above Lawrence and Gray for me so of Mahrez leaves it's him. I think there's more to him. He's scared to shoot so maybe he'd be better as a wide man anyway. 

It's Albrighton > Chilwell > Musa > Gray > Lawrence at LW for me currently. I really don't get the Gray hype, at least Musa occasionally scores goals.

Archived