Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Ahmed Musa - Possible Loan Move

Needs to play as lone striker! 

I can't recall him getting that opportunity since he signed. The fact that he will not have to bother with linking up with a strike partner might just suit his style of play.

With Vardy injured and not to be risked on Tuesday this is a great chance to see if he can be the player we all thought he could be.

Its good to give a chance to some fringe players in the league cup but I'll be ****ed off if he makes 11 changes and we end up losing. With no european games we should be looking to try and win the league cup. There will be obvious changes due to a few injuries but i hope we keep a good chunk of Saturdays team in. 

Burnley are willing to offer a lucrative loan fee to sign Leicester City attacker Ahmed Musa on a season long loan this summer.

Signed from CSKA Moscow in 2016, Musa was a regular under former Foxes boss Claudio Ranieri. But the Nigerian has fallen back in the pecking order at the King Power Stadium since Craig Shakespeare took over towards the end of last season.

The 24-year-old played his first game of the new season on Tuesday as Leicester thrashed Sheffield United 4-1 away from home in the English League Cup.

According to the Daily Mirror, Leicester want to offload Musa permanently this summer and cut their losses from the £16.6 million that they paid to sign him.

Burnley boss Sean Dyche is keeping a tab on a number of options including Lorient forward Majeed Waris and Deportivo la Coruna’s Romanian striker Florin Andone. The Clarets want to reinvest the money they received from the sale of Michael Keane and Andre Gray.

It is also being reported that Dyche is looking to add another centre-back to his squad. Burnley broke their club’s record transfer fee this month on Leeds United’s star striker Chris Wood.  The New Zealand international’s arrival means Ashley Barnes could be sacrificed.

Newcastle United, Middlesbrough and Huddersfield Town are believed to keeping tabs on the 27-year-old.

Don't think we should be loaning players to other PL teams

2 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

We are looking a bit top heavy with forwards. I'd like us to keep him, but I'd understand if we sent him on loan. 

We're looking light on wingers though, unless we get another one in he won't be leaving.

I thought Musa played really well last night... Yes he had Toblerone's for boots a couple of times, but his running & ability to find space was 2nd to none

I think the snatched shots issue would be solved with confidence

I hope we don't sell him, but he needs games to get that confidence - A loan to the Championship could do him & us the world of good

He was bloody awful last night - his work rate was good but his actual footballing talents defy belief.

It could be confidence but it was embarrassing how bad he actually was - even United fans were laughing.

I would sell him but if they cannot get an offer to meet the demands then loan him out - quickly!

7 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

He was bloody awful last night - his work rate was good but his actual footballing talents defy belief.

It could be confidence but it was embarrassing how bad he actually was - even United fans were laughing.

I would sell him but if they cannot get an offer to meet the demands then loan him out - quickly!

And yet he still scored against them. If that's the result of the opposing fans laughing at you, I hope all fans do that to our players now

29 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

So is he shite or not? Can we make up our minds?

We persisted with Jeff Schlupp for years. Musa has more promise than Schlupp.

He's terrible.

He's not without his assets but his touch and distribution are literally non league standard.

23 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

And yet he still scored against them. If that's the result of the opposing fans laughing at you, I hope all fans do that to our players now

And set up a couple of chances that should have been goals.

He's not shit, shit players can't pull of some of the stuff he does. He's a wildly erratic player, the sort of confidence player that will fall to pieces after a poor piece of play, or rapidly improve after he does something decent and gets a confidence boost.

He's a Schlupp on speed. Can the manager get in his head and sort these issues out, can he be tamed to get a more consistent performance. Or will he forever be sublime and ridiculous from one second to the next. I don't know, only Shakey and the staff will know the person.

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's not shit, shit players can't pull of some of the stuff he does. He's a wildly erratic player, the sort of confidence player that will fall to pieces after a poor piece of play, or rapidly improve after he does something decent and gets a confidence boost.

He's a Schlupp on speed. Can the manager get in his head and sort these issues out, can he be tamed to get a more consistent performance. Or will he forever be sublime and ridiculous from one second to the next. I don't know, only Shakey and the staff will know the person.

Your standard of sublime is far lower than most if you think that Musa can be that.  Ridiculous though I have to agree with. 

37 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Rodney Fern with a smile....

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Agree mate. Thought despite that poor start, he played well. Nobody deserved that goal more than him. Said it before about him being a confidence player and I think it showed last night. Let's not forget, he was playing out of position. Best position is wide left in a 3 or a striker, so playing right of a 4 man midfield is not all that familiar to him.

Would like to keep him here or on loan to a PL team, maybe bundesliga where it's still a little physical. Championship would be a step backwards for him.

Archived