Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

How long have you been a Leicester City fan?

10 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

14th of May 1983. Lcfc v Burnley 0-0. 29,453 rammed in to Filbert Street :scarf:

Can remember someone falling through the corrugated steel roof on the east stand that day. Glad you made a full recovery! :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Can remember someone falling through the corrugated steel roof on the east stand that day. Glad you made a full recovery! :thumbup:

I was sat in the East Stand, think I can remember that happening. People on the roof and on the floodlights. Great atmosphere and promotion!

3 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

I was sat in the East Stand, think I can remember that happening. People on the roof and on the floodlights. Great atmosphere and promotion!

Yes a brilliant day celebrating on the pitch afterwards, although promotion had to go on hold pending the Fulham appeal over their match at Derby having to finish early.

1991 aged 7, first game Filbert St. the first time i found out i needed glasses as i couldnt understand why my dad knew which player was which. bristol rovers 2-2. 

Well I would say ever since I started taking an interest in football. 

My my first memory of a Leicester game is the playoff final when we lost 1-0 to Blackburn. 

My first game was tranmere at home 93/94 so a good 24 years I've been going to games. 

first game was mid 80s for me think it was against man city ian wilson scored 

due to moving ive only made a few games now the last few years but have some tremendous memories basically went most home and away games in the 90s  used to sit in the east stand 

best match i would say swindon but the heartache of losing means im going for the game against oxford when tony james basically kept us up against oxford 90/91 

best player :- prob the not the best we have had but the one i used to love watching for his short time here and thought he was a tank was when we loaned kevin campbell. 

best atmosphere :- no brainer here that rainy weds night in the zenith data trophy against notts county when we took 7500 and most of those on the train .

times arrested :) once ...for throwing a 2p at those big wooden doors when we were all banging them shouting pleat out :) got off with a caution :)

It was 1998 I think when my Grandad took me to see Leicester play Everton age 10. I have always lived in Surrey and London, but my Grandparents lived in Coalville and we visited quite a bit. My Dad wasn't into football so naturally seemed to go with Grandad's team instead. He bought me a shirt with Walsh on the back.

7 hours ago, Col city fan said:

lol

Bloody Hell Nick! At least I go to games!

lol

I spent many years as a STH - but fell out of love with the matchday experience week in week out tbh - love the big occasions but won't get two trains and a taxi or drive and not have a beer to watch Leicester v West Brom... I'd love to give the club some money for a season TV pass though...

Im not sure what you being so old has to do with my match day attendance though! lol 

19 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I spent many years as a STH - but fell out of love with the matchday experience week in week out tbh - love the big occasions but won't get two trains and a taxi or drive and not have a beer to watch Leicester v West Brom... I'd love to give the club some money for a season TV pass though...

Im not sure what you being so old has to do with my match day attendance though! lol 

Meh..

This is you, this is

lol

IMG_0251.JPG

34 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Meh..

This is you, this is

lol

IMG_0251.JPG

Straw man or plastic?

(To be fair I'm impressed your wizened fingers are able enough to copy and paste an image - you're practically a tech guru for somebody so old)

I was kind of forced into by my dad from as young as I can remember, am originally form Thurmaston. I'd say a strong 22 years now (I'm approaching 28). First game was with my old man, away at Ipswich some 20 years ago, think we won 0-1. I was on TV for 5 seconds, old man was holding me up when we scored, and I had my flamboyant rainbow tea pea hat on.

Archived