Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

How long have you been a Leicester City fan?

Since mid 90's. Used to sit and watch all the season reviews my dad used to buy and that got me into city. 1st game was I was 8, last home game of the season. A 1-0 win against Barsnley 

20 years, long short cut short my dad supports them and there was a lot of Norn Iron influence at the time (O'Neill/Lennon/Taggart)

If you arent from Leicester no doubt you've beeen asked from other fans has changed from 'Why Leicester?' to 'How long have you supported Leicester, since last year?'

Was born in Wrexham to a Welsh mother and Irish/Scottish father. Lived in Liverpool til I was 8 and supported Liverpool like my Dad. Moved to Sileby in 1994 for work and was taken to my first game in December by a friend and his dad. A 0-0 draw against Blackburn, started following their results a bit. 

It wasn't til the following season, with THAT Claridge goal that I really caught the bug. 

Sorry for rambling I just thought it wasn't your average story lol

Hooked since I attended my 1st game.

Away at the hawthorns jan 1989. A 1-1 draw local lad Carl muggleton made his debut I'd never really looked back at that game until recently and it turns out we wore red that day. Must have erased that from my memory.

But still having never even attended filbert st at that point it was a interesting day out as a 9 year old lad seeing how football fans and away fans were treated.

Part if having never moved away from leicester is that I'm not sure I could do the travelling from miles away to attend home games.

Been pretty lucky really. I've now seen us play at 92 different grounds and had 7 Wembley trips in what 10 seasons in the mid 90s to early 00s and now seen us in Europe 5 times in 7 short months.

It has been tough at times but what a club to follow.

When I first set eyes on Keith Waller scoring an unbelievable volley v Newcastle in 1975 I think.Being from Ireland ,our only exposure to English soccer was on a Saturday night watching Match of the day.All my friends followed the usual,Liverpool,Chelsea,Utd Leeds butLeicester were my team from that day on.I remember Glover,Whitworth,Wortho,and one of my all time favourites Mark Wellington.Its being some ride since.I remember telling all my buddies ,we were 14or 15 about Gary Lineker.I told them he was going to be the all time leading English scorer,I was not to far out..only by a goal(before Rooney).Steve Lynex another favourite.Happy days.Roller coaster stuff.Wouldt change it for the world..

First game was in 81/82 promotion season at grimsby and  i can remember gerry daly on loan from cov bossing the game which i think we won 2-1!Growing up in skeg vegas most people supported liverpool leeds forest or man utd in the late 70s early 80s but i chose city for some reason although i had and still have relations in scraptoft! Ive supported city since i was about 12

I went to my 1st game about 35 years ago as a kid, I went a few times in that period on school trips & my Dad taking me - tbh I wasn't that into it

The first game I went to on my own (with friends) was in 1991... Everton at home in the Zenith Data Systems Cup 3rd Round (Northern Section)

We beat Everton 2-1 to go on to a famous away game at Notts County which we also won 2-1

I then had a season ticket & went to almost every home & away games for over a decade until we moved to the Walkers Stadium, then thanks to money & family I stopped attending games regularly but obviously still go, just nowhere near as much as I'd like

1 hour ago, cc_star said:

I went to my 1st game about 35 years ago as a kid, I went a few times in that period on school trips & my Dad taking me - tbh I wasn't that into it

The first game I went to on my own (with friends) was in 1991... Everton at home in the Zenith Data Systems Cup 3rd Round (Northern Section)

We beat Everton 2-1 to go on to a famous away game at Notts County which we also won 2-1

I then had a season ticket & went to almost every home & away games for over a decade until we moved to the Walkers Stadium, then thanks to money & family I stopped attending games regularly but obviously still go, just nowhere near as much as I'd like

Still one of my favourite memories as a Leicester fan. I'd have been about 12, side of the pitch in the seated section. The scenes behind the goal when we scored the winner were incredible! 

When I was about 11 I guess, when kids at school started to get more interested in football. The school was mostly lcfc with a few united supporters iirc. It'd be funny to see the glory supporters these days, well at least in 15/16, since they'd actually be choosing city.

Archived