Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

How long have you been a Leicester City fan?

10 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Very late 80s probably, though the Brian Little years when properly took notice I think.  X

I think "The Silence of The Rams" in 1994 is my first great Leicester memory.  I would have been 13.  I was at Swithland Woods in a tiny, green caravan with my brother and my Grandma and Grandad and we all listened to it on the radio.  The whole site was completely empty and silent, everyone must have been doing the same.  Then, when we won, the whole campsite erupted with cheers and we all jumped up and down in our tiny, tin abode.  Great memories, not just of Leicester City but of childhood, and of me Grandad too, he passed away last year.  Fvcking welling up writing this even.  That's why we follow football.  That's why we love it.  Aint much in life can match those moments and that connection that it has through the generations.  Thanks Grandad. X

I was quite young and my Dad took me to my first game at Filbert st sometime in the late 60's/early 70's. We were up in the gods somewhere and the pitch seemed a long way away. All I recall is Man U had Bobby  C and Besty.-Do not remember the score.

Born 1963. Been a fan since 68 when first went to primary school. 

My first match was vs Stoke. March 73. Can't remember much except that it was very soon after Gordon Banks had his car accident and I remember John Farmer was in goal for Stoke instead of Banks.

Second match was the classic vs Leeds Oct 1973. (2-2). (the one Birch always goes on about with his 20 /30/40/ 50 yard goal  -the distance goes up every year! ;). But it was a beauty!. The highlights were on an old LCFC Classics video...and I can be seen with my dad in the East stand close to SK1.

I was a regular at Filbo eversince, until I moved to Luxembourg in 1999, but come back every season for a few games. Still a member.

Leicester til I die. :scarf:

Since November 13th 1982 aged 9

I flirted briefly with Liverpool and Kenny Dalglish as a 7/8 year old glory hunter but then my Dad wisely took me to see my local team for my first live game.

It was a 2-2 thriller and Keegan scored both for Newcastle and Lineker scored one of ours. He instantly became my hero and I've been hooked for 35 years since that day...

First time I can remember taking an interest was around the early Brian Little days, so around 1991-92.

I had a sabbatical as a Leeds supporter for a couple of weeks one summer in around 94' when my Leeds-supporting cousin came to stay. No wonder, we were shite under McGhee.

Glad he went home, though. :scarf:

Boxing Day, 1994.

My dad had taken me to Filbert St for a previous match but it had been so long since he'd been, he didn't know that you had to actually buy a ticket, and got turned away at the gate. We had to walk to the nearest phone box to call my mum to pick us up. Lucky that we didn't go as I think we lost 4-0 at home. So my first actual game was sitting in the top tier of the double decker watching us against Liverpool on Boxing Day 1994, which we lost.

And I was hooked.

23 years later, 5 years as a season ticket holder, 3 European matches (Madrid 1997 & Sevilla 2017 being my favourite ever games), 5 visits to Wembley, 2 League Cups, promotions, relegations, administration, name change votes, 17 managers, lifting the League One and Championship trophies, and witnessing Leicester City win the Premier League from the middle of the Botswana bush (and still have the scars to prove it).

Wouldn't change it for the world!

Late 90s - my first game was 1998 - and I've been a season ticket holder since 2002.

Used to go to the odd away game then but since 2007/08 I've been doing about 13-16 league away games per season. 

Went to my first game in Spring 2002 at Filbert Street against Blackburn the year we got relegated, think we won 2-1 with Dickov scoring both. Unfortunately only went to 2 games at Filbo and can't remember much about either!

I flirted briefly with Liverpool and Kenny Dalglish as a 7/8 year old glory hunter but then my Dad wisely took me to see my local team for my first live game. 

Same with me. Then my Dad took me and my brother to this game (because Liverpool were playing). I quickly lost interest in Liverpool and became hooked on City. I can still feel the sense of wonderment as I emerged from the concourse to the top of the double decker. The floodlights. The smell of cigarettes (I hate smoking, but the smell just goes with football).

Since May last year.

Before that i followed Chelsea  & before that Arsenal & before that Man Utd & before that Liverpool.

I have always supported Barcelona, Juventus, Real Madrid & PSG.

I might support Tottenham next.

Really got into football for the first time around 96 after two years of casually knowing about it, all my mates supported Man Utd so i started out following them for a short while - but my dad (being from Leicester) took me to the League Cup Final in 97 vs Boro and despite the game being god awful it was that Heskey scramble goal that made me feel joy properly for the first time in football, that's when I knew i was actually a born Leicester fan and it went on from there, the right decision without a shadow of doubt, so many emotions following City, never a boring moment :thumbup:

First real memory of taking an interest was late in the 94/95 season and listening to us lose 4-3 to Wimbledon on Radio Leicester. Following season I started to get more into it and then my first real match was a 3-1 defeat to Chelsea in 96.

Random fact, my first time going to Filbert Street was a FNF game against Sheffield Wednesday and we lost 2-0. The next time I went was the defeat to Chelsea above. Bizarrely, Julian Watts scored in both of those games!

57 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I went to my first match when Frank McLintock was manager but I only started being a regular when Jock Wallace became manager so about then. Around 79 I think.

I'm surprised you ever went back if your first game was under McLintock!

I think we only scored three goals all season :thumbup:

1979-80 season was when I properly started going, as an 8 year old.

My Dad got a season ticket on the cheap, as he knew a couple of players.  Dennis Rofe was our next-door-neighbour.  There used to be a newsagents on Aylestone Road & the owner used to board a few of the apprentices.  To earn a bit of extra cash, the apprentices would sell their tickets.  We had comfy seats, right in the middle of the members stand.

Started going down with my mates when I was about 15.  I think it was 1987 in the Family Enclosure.  I seem to remember it costing £1.20

First game was (apparently) Ipswich at home 94/95

First actual memory is the Walkers Lites launch at Filbert Street (Was this 1996?)

First proper game experience memory was Everton at home in 2000

First proper season of attending regularly was 2002/03

Spent a lot of my childhood watching the season reviews, though. I remember taking all the tapes downstairs when O'Neill left for Celtic I was so upset, so I'd probably say since I was about 7.

Archived