Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lgfualol

Harvey Barnes signs new 4-year deal

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Been pictured in training shots last week, so I think it means loan time. Shame, but I trust the club are a good judge of what he's capable of.

I think you're right. And it's a damn, damn shame. We are crying out for a creative midfielder: to ship out an England under-21 midfielder who has excellent form for both his old league one club and for the national side to another club before even trying him out in a friendly seems rash.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

I think you're right. And it's a damn, damn shame. We are crying out for a creative midfielder: to ship out an England under-21 midfielder who has excellent form for both his old league one club and for the national side to another club before even trying him out in a friendly seems rash.

It wasn't the under 21's, it was more like the under 20's B team.

People need to chill out, he played well in league one, that's it. The management will see him day in day out and know if he's good enough currently.

Lets not forget we had people performing at a higher level than he did last season who deserve the first shot (Lawrence, James).

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It wasn't the under 21's, it was more like the under 20's B team.

People need to chill out, he played well in league one, that's it. The management will see him day in day out and know if he's good enough currently.

Lets not forget we had people performing at a higher level than he did last season who deserve the first shot (Lawrence, James).

If he can't get a game in meaningless pre-season friendlies then that says it all to me. He's better off on a season long loan in the championship. We evidently don't think he's anywhere near ready, shame as he's been very progressive at every level he's played so far.

For people saying he hasn't been given a chance - being with the first team squad for 4 weeks and travelling with them to Hong Kong is being given a chance.

He would have been  judged on his performances in training every day against premier league players - not on a 15 minute run out against Luton

They clearly don't think he is ready yet based on 4 weeks of high level training.

Which is fair enough

2 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

For people saying he hasn't been given a chance - being with the first team squad for 4 weeks and travelling with them to Hong Kong is being given a chance.

He would have been  judged on his performances in training every day against premier league players - not on a 15 minute run out against Luton

They clearly don't think he is ready yet based on 4 weeks of high level training.

Which is fair enough

It is fair enough but it's alarming that he's deemed not ready to play in a meaningless friendly either in Hong Kong or back here. Shakespeare said himself he'd have used him back end of last season so somethings gone wrong recently. 

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It is fair enough but it's alarming that he's deemed not ready to play in a meaningless friendly either in Hong Kong or back here. Shakespeare said himself he'd have used him back end of last season so somethings gone wrong recently. 

True - I guess only they know.

As he's gone away, it seems unlikely he'll feature in any 1st team friendlies now.

A loan move must be planned for this season.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Or Shakespeare deems it more important to properly bed in Iborra and give James a good pre-season. With Drinkwater, Ndidi and Iborra as likely first choices, King and James as backup, it might just be that Barnes is close but not quite at the level to get regular football. It would be a bad signal to send to especially James who's fought back from his terrible injury and performed well at a level above Barnes if he were to find himself behind an unproven 19-year old in the pecking order.

2 minutes ago, shen said:

Or Shakespeare deems it more important to properly bed in Iborra and give James a good pre-season. With Drinkwater, Ndidi and Iborra as likely first choices, King and James as backup, it might just be that Barnes is close but not quite at the level to get regular football. It would be a bad signal to send to especially James who's fought back from his terrible injury and performed well at a level above Barnes if he were to find himself behind an unproven 19-year old in the pecking order.

Possibly true yet I question the wisdom of embedding two non creative midfielders into the side over a creative midfielder when we are crying out for the latter. If he's not ready then fair enough, but I find that hard to believe that since I have only proof that he's done incredibly well for both the national side and his loan side - with the national side surely a step up from league one.

8 minutes ago, shen said:

He's a left winger. These friendlies were a perfect opportunity to see how he fares alongside our first team squad, young players often surprise and do well. Anyway, a loan move seems the best option here as we wouldn't want to upset our fringe players whom of which we already know are mediocre at best.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

He's a left winger. These friendlies were a perfect opportunity to see how he fares alongside our first team squad, young players often surprise and do well. Anyway, a loan move seems the best option here as we wouldn't want to upset our fringe players whom of which we already know are mediocre at best.

I seem to remember him coming into central midfield against Porto, but haven't been watching him since tbh. Time will tell if it was a mistake not to involve him more than so far.

We do have Gray, Ndidi and Chilwell as U21s in the first team squad, so it's not like the management are refusing to play youths.

8 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Possibly true yet I question the wisdom of embedding two non creative midfielders into the side over a creative midfielder when we are crying out for the latter. If he's not ready then fair enough, but I find that hard to believe that since I have only proof that he's done incredibly well for both the national side and his loan side - with the national side surely a step up from league one.

It was the Toulon tournament where England played a U-18 side. You make it sound like it was the senior World cup or something. He (and in turn the club) might be better served with a loan to a Championship club. But I understand the thirst for wanting a young Leicester lad to come into the team.

6 minutes ago, Bamba's Babes said:

Our track record of bringing youth through, whether bought or via youth teams is absolutely awful.

What like Schlupp, King, Moore, Chilwell ???

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

What like Schlupp, King, Moore, Chilwell ???

Four in ten years and not one of them is 100% convincing, though I think Chilwell will go on to be the best of them.

Our track record for a club of our size, in a one club county isn't good enough.

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Four in ten years and not one of them is 100% convincing, though I think Chilwell will go on to be the best of them.

Our track record for a club of our size, in a one club county isn't good enough.

....and two of them joined us at post-16 age without coming through the Lcfcc schoolboy academy system (ie U16s)  

Archived