Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Is Shakespeare the right man for the job?

On 27/09/2017 at 21:02, Great Boos Up said:

It all lies with the Thais. Pearson hired on previous results and sacked twice on principals. Ranieri hired on experience and accomplished the impossible and then sacked on results without principal. Shakey stepped in with no experience and got results but his permanent appointment lingered. There is only one common denominator. Results.

Premier League only for them IMO and if next weekend is a loss and we're in the relegation zone; buttons will be pressed without hesitation regardless of what you or I think and Appleton is our manager next week.

An extra point so far would have secured his safety but he has put pressure on himself. Lose and it's game over.

You're completely deluded if you actually think that. Our owners have never made rash or impulse decisions so they aren't going to start now. 

Yes results have been poor but we've had tough fixtures & have been competitive in all the games. We could of easily picked up more points if decisions or luck was on our side. The players are clearly playing for Shakey so he'll be given time.

If by December we're in the shit that will be the time when serious decisions will be made but there's no chance of that happening before.

Tactics are not my strength esp watching on TV makes it a little different but can anyone tell me what CS has done that was his decision and has presented a positive progressive change. It seems to me he has continued but I'm not sure that's enough.

4 hours ago, Albert said:

You're completely deluded if you actually think that. Our owners have never made rash or impulse decisions so they aren't going to start now. 

Yes results have been poor but we've had tough fixtures & have been competitive in all the games. We could of easily picked up more points if decisions or luck was on our side. The players are clearly playing for Shakey so he'll be given time.

If by December we're in the shit that will be the time when serious decisions will be made but there's no chance of that happening before.

Who says they make the decisions ? 

I dont think they have a clue about football , id say Whelan and Rudkin make the calls the Thai’s just say yes or no 

they are lucky owners .... let’s hope they stay that way 

we are in a relegation battle and need all the luck we can find 

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

Yes he is 

but our ambition ended in May 2016 

which is cool we won the league 

if they are genuine about wanting us to be top 6 then they would go after Carlo , but they won’t 

Hell, if Ancelotti was interested, I'd get rid Shakey in a second...sorry mate, yes I did say you deserved a chance...lol

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Albert said:

He won't be given until December. 

6 hours ago, Albert said:

The players may be playing for Shakey but he isnt imo getting the best out of them, with his decision making.

Last season as a caretaker he fulfilled his role, but he isn't experienced enough to lead us to the next stage he seems out of his depth in that respect, I don't doubt his coaching credentials as a first team coach/ assistant manager but you cannot just be pally with the players to succeed in management you need to indentify players strengths and weaknesses amongst other things, you could argue he needs time and you only gain experience with more time.

I keep on hearing this luck thing, There is no such thing as luck you make your own luck, you determine your own circumstances by putting in the effort, this game against Bournemouth is a big game where we need to go at them from the start and get a win.

• Like 3

Craig Shakepseare is a great football coach and could be a great football manager. But he needs to be managing a championship side, and fight to win promotion with them  (although that might be us at this rate).

The Premier League should not just be about surviving. It should be about winning trophies and competing in Europe. Right now....that's out of Shakeys depth!  That's the reality!.

The more I think about it...we need someone like Ancelotti at the helm. Or we might as well just be relegated now!

To the tune of that great Italian song ' O Sole Mio'.... "It's Now or Never!

Edited by ultrafox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ultrafox said:

If we have a disaster at Bournemouth....then Shakey needs to go. Simply as that.

We have the players.....but we are not getting the best out of them.

Bring in Ancelotti I say!  ...and maybe we'll see Andrea Bocelli sing again at the KP!

He'll be singing Shakespeare 's anthem... 'time to say goodbye '.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Worthington said:

Never say never where football is concerned. You can bet your bottom dollar that Jordan and the Golds are having a little think ! CA has said he'd consider a return to the PL and there's not too many options here at the moment !

I am confused. What has Katie Price got to do with Ancelotti?  Have the Sun uncovered something juicy?

Bournemouth is a big game.  I don't think Shakespeare will be sacked if we lose but the performance has to be far, far, far more positive than the past few weeks.  I think we have been over cautious in our approaches to games so far and I can forgive that as we have played 4 of the top 6 teams so far, but if we have any ambition to flourish in the Premier League then we have to set up to scrore goals against the likes of Bournemouth (without being disrespectful).  We have spent a small fortune on some serious firepower over the last couple of years, I really think it is now time to put them to use.

I really hope he does well, he seems like a genuinely decent guy and he obviously has “something” in terms of coaching ability and seems to have the dressing room behind him.  It is hard for him, not many people have their first ever managerial role in the Premier League so he probably does have things to learn but the problem is that people (including a lot of our “fans”) are so impatient he might not get the time he needs to learn from his mistakes.  It’s a funny old world really, people are weird.  Players get slagged off for leaving and then players that do stay get slagged off for not being good enough.  When we play a big team we expect to beat them then expect smaller teams to be easy with no sense of irony.  We moan about the way the game is going then seemingly write people off before having a genuine chance to show their true merits.  I dunno, what’s it all about eh?  Reading this forum sometimes you’d think the world was full of people that just didn’t care about anyone else.  Maybe it’s the internet and the anonymity that provides?  Maybe I just need to lighten up?  Maybe the human race is a fvcking disease?  Maybe I didn’t love you, quite as often as I could have?  Maybe it's Maybellene?

As a great man once said “Once a Rumble, always a fumble, never a thimble”.  Words I think we can all relate to.

Anyway, come on Shakey, let’s do these cvnts.

X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

I almost get the impression that, for whatever reason, some people on here want him to fail ..  

In a way, you're right, CF.

Personally speaking, I think Shakey was a poor appointment for long-term success, and ultimately will be replaced. I'd rather see that happen sooner rather than later while we're still not embroiled in a relegation battle. I think most of the love for him is based on sentiment, not a belief that he'll progress the club.

• Like 1