Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

League 1 & League 2 thread 2017/2018

Tale of two halves for Notts today at Stevenage. 

First looked like the lads had a great Friday night out and forgot they had a match to play today. Luckily were only down 0-1 as Stevenage aren't very good.

Second half looked like the team that's been at the top of the table. Shame we couldn't get a second and grab the win.

Thanks to Cheltenham though for their very late equalizer against Luton.

Keeps us on top.

Edited by spacemunky

Enjoyed listening to Lincoln produce a great second half performance to thrash Crewe 4-1 at Gresty Road - and I thought goalscoring was their problem lol

Apparantly the Cowley's will have funds to strengthen in January...could be a good outside bet for promotion.

25 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Enjoyed listening to Lincoln produce a great second half performance to thrash Crewe 4-1 at Gresty Road - and I thought goalscoring was their problem lol

Apparantly the Cowley's will have funds to strengthen in January...could be a good outside bet for promotion.

I went. First half was awful, lucky to only be 1 goal down. Brilliant second half performance, Harry Anderson tearing them to pieces. 

If they sign a decent striker in January they could make at least the play offs. 

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Coventry 7th on L2. Not a particularly high scoring team. 19 goals in 18 games. 

Notts County still top marching on. Would be nice to get them away in the FA Cup.

Think Coventry will break their 46-year-old hoodoo in finally finishing in a top-six position this season imo.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

3 hours ago, isaidno said:

I went to Lincoln vs Port Vale. Lincoln deserved the win. Port Vale very poor second half. 

Feel sorry for Smurthwaite, their former owner.

He came in and stabilised the club at the start of his reign (from 2013 to earlier this year), but he went for it last season in trying to get Port Vale the best possible chance of the play-offs - but the team went downhill, got relegated and they're in real danger of going down again.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll take that 1-1 draw.

Luton wernt as scary as I'd expected. We could have easily come away with the 3 points.

Looked like a great atmosphere there in Luton from both sets of fans.

Looking forward to the return match at the Lane on the final day of the season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spacemunky said:

I'll take that 1-1 draw.

Luton wernt as scary as I'd expected. We could have easily come away with the 3 points.

Looked like a great atmosphere there in Luton from both sets of fans.

Looking forward to the return match at the Lane on the final day of the season.

I doubt they were going to stick plenty past you today given you are level on points.

You should both go up.

• Like 1