Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FraserSorensen

Welcome Kelechi

16 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Games against Mali, Luxembourg, Tanzania and Zambia are a bit different to games against Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

I don't think strength of opposition has anything to do with your players being able to pick a pass to supply the strikers tbh, which is what you were actually hinting at in your previous post, the inability of our own players

2 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

I don't think strength of opposition has anything to do with your players being able to pick a pass tbh

It does when there is more time available to pick said pass.  Formations, tactical awareness, positioning all have a bearing on being able to "pick" a pass.

That's like saying a striker playing in league 1 and banging in 25 a season can definitely do it in the premier league.

Most of Iheanacho's goals have been scored because he's been in the right place at the right time.  The trouble we have is that we have to find him in the right place.  He'll still be able to do it if we can supply him.  This isn't taking anything away from him at all, it's more along the lines of we don't have a Silva or a De Bruyne to feed him.  He's going to have to create more himself.  We all know it, some fans base their opinions on stats.  His stats are going to start to look worse, and if he goes on a run of games and fails to score there will be a section of fans who start to question his ability, it's the nature of football fans, Leicester fans in particular.

Iheanacho has the ability, but he's the new boy, the young lad carrying the expecation. 

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

It does when there is more time available to pick said pass.  Formations, tactical awareness, positioning all have a bearing on being able to "pick" a pass.

That's like saying a striker playing in league 1 and banging in 25 a season can definitely do it in the premier league.

Most of Iheanacho's goals have been scored because he's been in the right place at the right time.  The trouble we have is that we have to find him in the right place.  He'll still be able to do it if we can supply him.  This isn't taking anything away from him at all, it's more along the lines of we don't have a Silva or a De Bruyne to feed him.  He's going to have to create more himself.  We all know it, some fans base their opinions on stats.  His stats are going to start to look worse, and if he goes on a run of games and fails to score there will be a section of fans who start to question his ability, it's the nature of football fans, Leicester fans in particular.

Iheanacho has the ability, but he's the new boy, the young lad carrying the expecation. 

You seem to think that just because because he's playing for us, that means he's going to become useless

I disagree, I'm not writing him off before he's even kicked a ball for us

37 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Games against Mali, Luxembourg, Tanzania and Zambia are a bit different to games against Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.  

Weight of opinion has an affect on the majority people and with him being a young lad could do so more.  If you've got 20,000 people singing your name you'd play better.

It's his big chance conversation rate that gives the confidence he'll score goals anywhere.

It's something like 75%. He scores goals, he will still get chances here and seems clinical

3 hours ago, ultrafox said:

Does the  £50m buy back clause concern anyone? Sounds like he's on loan!

I'd hate to think we will have developed Kelechi's standing and reputation as  a world class player (like Mahrez?) just for Man City to decide, thanks...we'll have him back now.

I hope the  £50m is indexed against inflation. In 4 years time  £50m might be peanuts at the rate things are going.

Unfortunately that's what a club like ours is to expect at the minute. Mahrez and Kante being the prime examples. It was quite possible that we could have lost Vardy to Arsenal last season too. Although he's not as young as the other two examples.

We are big enough to attract up and coming youngsters such as Iheanacho but not quite big enough (currently) to hold onto them should they flourish.

Plus it doesn't mean he has to go back their should they want to sign him.

7 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

You seem to think that just because because he's playing for us, that means he's going to become useless

I disagree, I'm not writing him off before he's even kicked a ball for us

No, you're getting me completely wrong.  I'm not writing him off at all.  I'm saying that some fans will be expecting him to be a world beater and if he's not then they will start to question him.  He has the ability and potential to be a great player, but he's no longer in a side that that will service him like he's used to.

"Fans" will see that as reflecting bad on him. 

8 minutes ago, Wdywd said:

:ranieri:

Sad, but true.  Who knows, if Mahrez stays, if Gray becomes the player he could be, if we start to create from midfield instead of high balls to no one from the back................................

He could form a formidable partnership Vardy, he could become part of that magical pairing that Vardy and Mahrez were in 15/16.  Who knows?  My point was that I just hope he has time to settle afforded to him from the fans.  His signing has created a buzz, but he's a young lad with a hell of a lot of weight on his shoulders.  Some people are talking of challenging for top 6.............

He's our marquee signing, unless we pull another one out of the bag between now and the end of the month. Like I said an "Ulloa" type start o his career with us will lift everyone a "Vardy" type start and things will go the other way (between the fans)

We know what the over reactions can be like on this forum alone  

31 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Unfortunately that's what a club like ours is to expect at the minute. Mahrez and Kante being the prime examples. It was quite possible that we could have lost Vardy to Arsenal last season too. Although he's not as young as the other two examples.

We are big enough to attract up and coming youngsters such as Iheanacho but not quite big enough (currently) to hold onto them should they flourish.

Plus it doesn't mean he has to go back their should they want to sign him.

I'm not so sure!... The buy-back clause sounds like it means "as long as Man City offer us 50m, we have to sell him to them and no one else". We will have no choice on the matter. Otherwise what's the point of the clause. It still feels to me like he's on loan to us.

2 minutes ago, ultrafox said:

I'm not so sure!... The buy-back clause sounds like it means "as long as Man City offer us 50m, we have to sell him to them and no one else". We will have no choice on the matter. Otherwise what's the point of the clause. It still feels to me like he's on loan to us.

That's not the case. Just means Man City can trigger contract talks with the player by offering us £50m. The player is the one that ultimately makes the decision. 

17 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Simpson got a couple of assists last season didnt he? One really sweet one that I recall. Adding to his game :scarf:

Two decent assists in the same game, after zero(!) total in the past 10 years or so, I'm sure I saw a stat about that :D

8 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

That's not the case. Just means Man City can trigger contract talks with the player by offering us £50m. The player is the one that ultimately makes the decision. 

I'm glad to hear that! :thumbup:

4 hours ago, ultrafox said:

Does the  £50m buy back clause concern anyone? Sounds like he's on loan!

I'd hate to think we will have developed Kelechi's standing and reputation as  a world class player (like Mahrez?) just for Man City to decide, thanks...we'll have him back now.

I hope the  £50m is indexed against inflation. In 4 years time  £50m might be peanuts at the rate things are going.

But in order for that situation to happen Iheanacho needs to be hugely succesful here. Surely everyone would want that. Even if he would then leave for £50m we'd have made a decent profit and had a few very productive seasons from him.

You should worry about him becoming a success in the first place instead!

1 minute ago, shen said:

But in order for that situation to happen Iheanacho needs to be hugely succesful here. Surely everyone would want that. Even if he would then leave for £50m we'd have made a decent profit and had a few very productive seasons from him.

You should worry about him becoming a success in the first place instead!

Good point! :)

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Well it's not what you said. You said "do you really have a £30m striker in reserve?" Which I read as implying that if a striker costs you that much, then you pick him. Slimani has to win his place, as does Vardy and Iheanacho. And Okazaki and Ulloa for that matter. I don't know Shakespeare's thinking ATM, I don't know how fit Iheanacho is, so I've no clue who'll start next week, but whoever misses out can either fight for his spot or move on at the next opportunity if he's not happy. 

I hope the signing of Iheanacho puts some fire in Slimani's belly to fight for his place. You say he'll want to play, but so will Iheanacho, and you don't spend £25m on a new striker if you're happy with what you've got, so that should be a big wake up call to Slimani that if he wants to play he has to do more to do so.

I think Slimani is on his way out, reports say thta Everton, Newcastle or Watford will make an offer for him. And to be fair it is the best for both team and the player, with Iheanacho here he won't have the minutes he deserves and Leicester can still sell him for good money.

Finally. really hope himself and Vardy can strike up a deadly partnership and he gets plenty of game time to show what he can deliver!

would be great to have a deadly strike partnership to strike fear into the hears of Premier League defenders!

3 hours ago, Wdywd said:

Vardy, Slimani, Iheanacho, Okazaki is a good 4 options up front. Each of them offer something different, I like it.

I look forward to seeing how we fail to use them properly and end up with Ulloa up front on his own

Love a positive attitude!

41 minutes ago, ultrafox said:

Pretty much as others have said, it's the players choice.

I still think for Man City to even trigger a buy back clause, he will need to be something special with us. Maybe fire us into the Champions League. Man City can pretty much buy any player they like. I am sure in a couple of seasons time there will be another player out there that they would prefer.

56 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Simpson got a couple of assists last season didnt he? One really sweet one that I recall. Adding to his game :scarf:

Stoke - H 

Ndidi & Vardy - Great goals they were too! :thumbup:

It's not him I'm really worried about.

I think he is a real talent and a great signing for us.. I'm just not sure we currently have the set up to make the most of his talent.

I still think we're badly missing something in midfield. Wilf appears to have one spot nailed down for me, on form the other CM place is up for grabs.

Archived