Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Best holiday beer.

1 hour ago, Beliall said:

WTF is that avatar?

Sexy licking heart

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Interesting one, can be absolutely foul from the bottle but can also be very nice if you get it on tap in a little traditional tavern. For a small country Bulgaria has shit loads of good beers, during Communism pretty much every major town had a brewery.

I like Mythos, though probably just because it reminds me of being on holiday.

Favourite Euro-lager would have to be Pedavena in Italy.

pedavena-33.png

I have it on tap on the ski slopes. Usually forget to drink enough water in the morning so I'm gasping for a drink come lunch time. Usually do 2 pints of Kamenitza in about 5 minutes before I've even ordered food!

African lager is the best in the world as far as I'm concerned. And I'm rarely even a lager drinker. 

Castle from South Africa is probably cheapest and I've known Morrisons to stock it.

Windhoek from Namibia is by far the most popular in Southern Africa, and perhaps the most accessible. Tesco at Hamilton used to stock it for a couple of years after the 2010 World Cup but sadly not any more.

Hansa from Namibia is by far the best though. That became my lucky tipple during the Title season, and I imported a lot for the Champions League games too since I've been back home. Still works. Absolutely delicious. 

Those 3 are pretty easy to get online, and are well worth checking out if you're willing to pay for it. https://barefootbiltong.co.uk/ and https://www.thesavanna.co.uk/drinks/beers-lager are good places to try. 

Otherwise beers that are almost impossible to get outside their countries are Mosi from Zambia and 2M from Mozambique. Both utterly beautiful but impossible to track down (2M is available in SA though).

I've lived in New Zealand and was utterly unimpressed with their beers to be honest. One thing that is happening everywhere though is craft beers. Micro breweries are popping up everywhere from Cape Town to New York. It's massive. 

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

African lager is the best in the world as far as I'm concerned. And I'm rarely even a lager drinker. 

Castle from South Africa is probably cheapest and I've known Morrisons to stock it.

Windhoek from Namibia is by far the most popular in Southern Africa, and perhaps the most accessible. Tesco at Hamilton used to stock it for a couple of years after the 2010 World Cup but sadly not any more.

Hansa from Namibia is by far the best though. That became my lucky tipple during the Title season, and I imported a lot for the Champions League games too since I've been back home. Still works. Absolutely delicious. 

Those 3 are pretty easy to get online, and are well worth checking out if you're willing to pay for it. https://barefootbiltong.co.uk/ and https://www.thesavanna.co.uk/drinks/beers-lager are good places to try. 

Otherwise beers that are almost impossible to get outside their countries are Mosi from Zambia and 2M from Mozambique. Both utterly beautiful but impossible to track down (2M is available in SA though).

I've lived in New Zealand and was utterly unimpressed with their beers to be honest. One thing that is happening everywhere though is craft beers. Micro breweries are popping up everywhere from Cape Town to New York. It's massive. 

Castle isn't bad, it's one of the better draught beers in Africa.

We drink Star because it's cheap, weirdly, a glass 500ml bottle is cheaper than a 330ml can.

However, I've been back on the trusty Heineken recently!

1 hour ago, Sir Shep said:

Italians are good with their beer with Nastro and Moretti, love a San Miguel as well. In Fiji I enjoyed Fiji Gold but I do actually like a Newcy Brown or Everards Tiger! 

You must have been drunk, Nastro is cats piss.

My absolutely favourite is Grimbergen Blonde. Also, Anything from Delirium in Brussels and Duvel is also lovely.

As an aside, favourite currents are Moretti and San Miguel. I went off Brooklyn, used to like it but it's a bit bitter for me now.

I wanted a quick drink on the way to the match on Friday and popped into the Polish offie on Upperton Rd. Any recommendations on beers to try that you've had from those stores? I didn't want to risk my one drink on one I wouldn't like, but I'd love to give some a go.

Archived