Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Safe Standing Roadshow

Safe standing - time to act

9 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Those that want to stand won't when they grow up.

Well even if this was definitely the case it’s a good job with rail seating or normal seating you’ll have the choice.

In reality this isn’t the case as @steveherbe will tell you. Plenty of “grown up” people like to stand too. But dismissing supporters of safe standing as not “grown up” shows a lack of maturity on your part, ironically.

Edited by Wookie
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

I have asked this question a few times before but nobody has answered it

how does standing improve your enjoyment of the game? 

It's easier to sing when you're stood up, creates more of a communal feel in your section and, for me personally, it's far more comfortable due to my height and issues I have with my back.

13 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I go to the football mainly for the atmosphere and to support the team. 

For me sitting at the football making no noise it's too dissimilar from sitting in the pub watching a game or going to the opera, for example. As you're having no impact on the day whatsoever. You're just 'there'. 

Also i'm 6"3, so it's not exactly fun for comfort reasons alone. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Its all about enjoying the atmosphere and being in a crowd that all have a common interest, but in order to do that you have to create an atmosphere and the only way for a crowd to do that is sing songs and shout at the players and ref, you don't actually enjoy the game anymore if you were stood or sat down, in fact you'd probably enjoy the game more if you were sat in your living room watching it on the box. Why do people stand up in a church to sing or stand at a kasabian concert? They're not really enjoying the music, they can enjoy the music much better with a pair of headphones on, they're enjoying the experience of joining in with like minded people.  Stand and be counted or sit and be nothing.

• Like 3

I don't understand the issue. I haven't sat down at a game (home & away) in about 2-3 years now and the only reason why I did sit down was because of others. I don't understand how implementing something safer than what we currently have is such a big issue. The number of times I've fallen over the seat into the row below when we've scored, it isn't a problem when one or two people fall over on top of each other but when lots of people do that could be an issue. It wouldn't happen with safe standing, also, you could keep warm in winter months. The atmosphere at the KP currently is pretty dull, imagine how good it would be say if the entire Kop was standing.

Edited by Ian Nacho
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Its all about enjoying the atmosphere and being in a crowd that all have a common interest

So you have to stand to enjoy the atmosphere? 

Pretty sure everyone there already have a common interest whether they sit or stand

they're enjoying the experience of joining in with like minded people.

People can and do join in whether they sit or stand, just look back at our best moments from a couple of years ago 

Stand and be counted or sit and be nothing

I have no choice but to sit as I’m unable to stand 

Edited by jammie82uk

6 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

It's easier to sing when you're stood up, creates more of a communal feel in your section and, for me personally, it's far more comfortable due to my height and issues I have with my back.

I agree it’s easier to sing while standing, so if seating arrangements was more comfortable for you would you sit? 

3 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I don't understand the issue. I haven't sat down at a game (home & away) in about 2-3 years now and the only reason why I did sit down was because of others. I don't understand how implementing something safer than what we currently have is such a big issue. The number of times I've fallen over the seat into the row below when we've scored, it isn't a problem when one or two people fall over on top of each other but when lots of people do that could be an issue. It wouldn't happen with safe standing, also, you could keep warm in winter months. The atmosphere at the KP currently is pretty dull, imagine how good it would be say if the entire Kop was standing.

I haven’t got an issue with people wanting to stand at games i was just intrigued as to why people want to, me personally i haven’t been to a game where there has been standing and I’m too young to have witnessed it for myself before it got banned 

9 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

So you have to stand to enjoy the atmosphere? 

Pretty sure everyone there already have a common interest whether they sit or stand

People can and do join in whether they sit or stand, just look back at your best moments from a couple of years ago 

I have no choice but to sit as I’m unable to stand 

Don't know why you bother going then.

How/Why does standing make a better difference to a football atmosphere?

There's plenty of football fans that sit but still participating in chants and urging the team on.

Don't get some of the bitterness that some pro-standers have towards those that wish to sit.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

11 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

There's plenty of football fans that sit but still participating in chants and urging the team on.

Don't get some of the bitterness that some pro-standers have towards those that wish to sit.

Where has there been any bitterness towards people that want to sit? 

The bitterness has been towards ignorance and people who are anti-choice. 

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

For me personally, I can't get into the game as much sitting down, don't know why that is, just need to be standing up, due to the tension I suppose.

16 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

I go to the football mainly for the atmosphere and to support the team. 

For me sitting at the football making no noise it's too dissimilar from sitting in the pub watching a game or going to the opera, for example. As you're having no impact on the day whatsoever. You're just 'there'. 

Also i'm 6"3, so it's not exactly fun for comfort reasons alone. 

At 6”3 you should be forced to sit even in a standing area so those behind you can see lol 

Guest Markyblue
9 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

If people want to stand in an area put aside for that purpose why is it a problem for people who want to sit in a seated area. Beyond sad.

You can compare the current situation to a dictatorship. No one has a choice to stand but they can rebel.

Introducing safe standing would convert to a democracy. Everyone has a choice and can do as they wish.

I don't get people's issue with having a choice. Pathetic.

No one is saying people can't sit.

No one is saying people who sit don't clap or sing.

Having a dedicated standing area should in principle improve atmosphere as a whole.

If you don't get it, watch some Bundesliga. No matter how dull a game is, the standing section will make noise constantly.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

You can compare the current situation to a dictatorship. No one has a choice to stand but they can rebel.

Introducing safe standing would convert to a democracy. Everyone has a choice and can do as they wish.

I don't get people's issue with having a choice. Pathetic.

No one is saying people can't sit.

No one is saying people who sit don't clap or sing.

Having a dedicated standing area should in principle improve atmosphere as a whole.

If you don't get it, watch some Bundesliga. No matter how dull a game is, the standing section will make noise constantly.

That's not necessarily because they're standing though, over here we have sections that stand all game and make little noise.

On 4/27/2018 at 14:43, Wookie said:

Well even if this was definitely the case it’s a good job with rail seating or normal seating you’ll have the choice.

In reality this isn’t the case as @steveherbe will tell you. Plenty of “grown up” people like to stand too. But dismissing supporters of safe standing as not “grown up” shows a lack of maturity on your part, ironically.

When you're mature you'll want to sit down, particularly if you've got knees like me!!

On 4/28/2018 at 07:36, purpleronnie said:

That's not necessarily because they're standing though, over here we have sections that stand all game and make little noise.

While I do agree, I think a designated area of standing would be more likely to achieve decent results as it would allow standers who do want to go for it all game to stand together tin the same area of that section. I also think people would be more inclined to join in. Proper organisation is key among supporters though.

On 4/28/2018 at 14:16, David Hankey said:

When you're mature you'll want to sit down, particularly if you've got knees like me!!

Great. Until then I'd like the ability to stand in a designated area, just as you have the ability to sit in a designated area.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2018 at 22:37, Steve_Walsh5 said:

They were talking about this on talksport an hour ago. Simon Jordan & Dennis Wise were both in favour of safe standing. 

Simon Jordan even said Tracey Crouch needs educating on the issue.

I warm to Simon Jordan with nearly everything he says these days. Never used to like him but he speaks a lot of sense about a lot of issues.

30 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I warm to Simon Jordan with nearly everything he says these days. Never used to like him but he speaks a lot of sense about a lot of issues.

He was only one of the few who defended us when we refused to sell Mahrez. Even called Gordon Taylor out over it.