Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Leicester Tigers

Part of me wants them to go down. The club has had enough warnings about the lack of direction in player strategy, their incestious promotion of coaches, harnessing young talent and failure to make decisive decisions. 

Their fanbase and gate receipts dwarf the club’s in the bottom half. Yet they can’t tske advantage.

Finally they want to scrap relegation too. So let them have the pain  

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Part of me wants them to go down. The club has had enough warnings about the lack of direction in player strategy, their incestious promotion of coaches, harnessing young talent and failure to make decisive decisions. 

Their fanbase and gate receipts dwarf the club’s in the bottom half. Yet they can’t tske advantage.

Their fanbase and gate receipts dwarf everyone in world rugby union to be honest. Nobody else is even vaguely close, maybe Bordeaux who rake in surprisingly big crowds. 

Obviously they've spent a lot on developing the ground which has reigned in spend on playing staff but there's still absolutely no excuse for having such terrible recruitment in both coaches and players. 

How they're in the bottom three with an inexperienced head coach former player and basically no forwards is beyond me. 

They've got the single worst defence I've ever seen at a top flight rugby club, its ****ing mad. 

They won't go down, and it would be legitimately bad for the premiership if they did, but the board are totally inept and they need a major shake to get back to where they should be. 

It's funny how much their situation mirrors United to an extent, given they're equivalents to each other. 

Can they even still get relegated this season?

Don't know how the points process works in the sport.

Edit: Just read the top post, so they can.

Maybe relegation could actually help them. Get the old roots out and start again?

Edited by Wymeswold fox

I doubt we'll be relegated but the table doesn't lie and I'm wondering if GM is the right guy for the job. We also haven't recruited in any dominant / progressive way for years. Time for the board to wake up and realise its about more than yummy mummies, beer, merchandise and gate receipts and take a look at the difference between Tigers and what the Exeter, Wasps, Bath, Saracens et al have been doing for the past few years. We've got some great players and the nucleus of a title winning side but week in week out at least 7 starting players are simply not good enough.

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Tigers are about the only club in the league actively against ring fencing 

5 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

I doubt we'll be relegated but the table doesn't lie and I'm wondering if GM is the right guy for the job. We also haven't recruited in any dominant / progressive way for years. Time for the board to wake up and realise its about more than yummy mummies, beer, merchandise and gate receipts and take a look at the difference between Tigers and what the Exeter, Wasps, Bath, Saracens et al have been doing for the past few years. We've got some great players and the nucleus of a title winning side but week in week out at least 7 starting players are simply not good enough.

I think we might. The run-in is pretty difficult: Exeter (h), Newcastle (a), Bristol (h), Harlequins (a), Bath (h).  Murphy is well out of his depth and their confidence is at rock bottom. This has been coming for years. Genuinely worried we'll go down. 

5 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I think we might. The run-in is pretty difficult: Exeter (h), Newcastle (a), Bristol (h), Harlequins (a), Bath (h).  Murphy is well out of his depth and their confidence is at rock bottom. This has been coming for years. Genuinely worried we'll go down. 

I think we’ll be okay despite the run in buddy.

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Sam Harrison

He used to play rugby with my cousin...might have been his brother actually, if he has one? Who I think is a teacher at JCC? I’ve probably completely made this up but it’s in my brain somewhere. 

9 hours ago, Manini said:

He used to play rugby with my cousin...might have been his brother actually, if he has one? Who I think is a teacher at JCC? I’ve probably completely made this up but it’s in my brain somewhere. 

It will have been Sam who he played with at JCC. He's been injured quite a lot this season, he's back now so he'll sort them out ?

I would love to know why good players like Parling, Gibson, Slater, Waldrom and Williams left the club when they did, I have a feeling that’s not all well at the club there has been a lot of ins and outs with no stability at all.

Could we be looking at player power or is it just the board have completely lost it with there foresight.

On 28/03/2019 at 19:20, dayday said:

I would love to know why good players like Parling, Gibson, Slater, Waldrom and Williams left the club when they did, I have a feeling that’s not all well at the club there has been a lot of ins and outs with no stability at all.

Could we be looking at player power or is it just the board have completely lost it with there foresight.

The later. It's been so poorly run the last few years. The fact that they sacked O'Connor one game into the season and replaced him with Murphy who was already there as a coach tells you all you need to know. They're completely stuck in the past and always take the easy option of promoting from within. It's caught up and now relegation is very much a real possibility. 

• 2 weeks later...