Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Leicester Tigers

As someone who supports both I find the idea of there being a rivalry between supporters of the two clubs to be so damn weird. Granted there are dickheads that follow tigers who I would never want to personally associate with, but guess what? There are dickheads that follow the city too. As for the potential takeover, I'm torn. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I think the rivalry is one of the strangest, but most interesting, in sport. A cross sport rivalry must be unique.

It's a mixture of city v county, working v middle class, glory hunters (tigers, of years gone by) v pessimists (city). 

I love it. Tigers fans laughing and jeering when the half times are read out and city are losing (though they don't read them out anymore)...Tigers fans cheering on the oppo in the pub for TV games.

I've tried for years to.like tigers, but just can't help disliking the wax jacketed welly wearing wankets

Never seen this myself and the gentrification of Football has surely consigned this to the British urban/country class system Bin forever 

rugby is an amazing game for gentlemen played by on the whole violent thugs , football is a game for thugs played by on the whole well behaved gentlemen 

I hope Kingpower buy the Tigers and the cricket club and we become one big happy sporting family 

Come on Top 

Edited by LinekersLugs

Last season was obviously too close for comfort. If Newcastle sustained their comeback, it’d have gone right down to the wire and Tigers could’ve been playing against part-timers on Saturdays. Mental considering the size of the club. 

The King Power thing is a tenuous link and I’d be really surprised to see them go for it. Something needs to change, I just hope the right people come in. 

22 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Never seen this myself and the gentrification of Football has surely consigned this to the British urban/country class system Bin forever 

rugby is an amazing game for gentlemen played by on the whole violent thugs , football is a game for thugs played by on the whole well behaved gentlemen 

I hope Kingpower buy the Tigers and the cricket club and we become one big happy sporting family 

Come on Top 

I have I vividly remember walking back to cat the bus home after a loss as a child and hearing Tigers fans in the pubs laughing about us losing. There is a snobbery about a lot of Rugby fans who think they are better than football fans

• Like 2

It cuts both ways. Some Tigers fans look down their nose at the City and some City fans can’t stand the tigers. 

I want anyone or any team connected with Leicester to be winning, either gender in any sport. City, Tigers, County, Riders, Falcons, Lions, Women’s Hockey I don’t care I want to see them winning. 

I feel a little torn over the sale. I have a couple of  hundred shares in the club and always liked the thought I owned a part of them but something needed to be done. Today was a bit of a sad day but entirely understandable. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MattP said:

Definitely my experience as well these days. 

It wasn't like that in the mid/late 90's though - I was surprised and bemused to hear how loud the cheer was at Welford Rd as a kid when they announced we had lost over the tannoy, it did always stick with me.

Bringing football into the middle classes was probably what ended it as it became socially acceptable to like it, talk about it and watch it in the pub.

Its certainly an age thing. My youth in the eighties was the amateur game and Tigers were top dogs (there was only the cup competition in them.days...leagues didn't exist as it diluted the pure amateur values)

Their support grew big time in that period, coinciding with the dark, football hooligan era.

The snobbery and class rivalry at that time was at full.tilt. That said,  a good 33% of the Tigers crowd was as rough as old houses and pure glory hunters.

, this cheering City defeats business was largely the rough lot and a schadenfreude thing rather than genuine malice. the Tigers crowd taking great glee in their City supporting brothers in law/uncles/workmates/ pub mates misery

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MattP said:

Definitely my experience as well these days. 

It wasn't like that in the mid/late 90's though - I was surprised and bemused to hear how loud the cheer was at Welford Rd as a kid when they announced we had lost over the tannoy, it did always stick with me.

Bringing football into the middle classes was probably what ended it as it became socially acceptable to like it, talk about it and watch it in the pub.

It’s one of the reason we stopped going as kids. When city were away we’d often go and watch tigers, however it was after one game too many of them cheering City losing that my dad decided he’d had enough of it and we didn’t go again. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I have I vividly remember walking back to cat the bus home after a loss as a child and hearing Tigers fans in the pubs laughing about us losing. There is a snobbery about a lot of Rugby fans who think they are better than football fans

Ditto with City fans......and the Circle just Keeps on turning....!!!!....

It would help if People got far away,from These boring Bias observations....every weekend the samething happens in all the various pubs,that Split the divide,

After 65+ years it becomes quite pathetic....littel Children squabbling,over their dummies..!!!

3 hours ago, Livid said:

It cuts both ways. Some Tigers fans look down their nose at the City and some City fans can’t stand the tigers. 

I want anyone or any team connected with Leicester to be winning, either gender in any sport. City, Tigers, County, Riders, Falcons, Lions, Women’s Hockey I don’t care I want to see them winning. 

I feel a little torn over the sale. I have a couple of  hundred shares in the club and always liked the thought I owned a part of them but something needed to be done. Today was a bit of a sad day but entirely understandable. 

Same with me. If Leicester were playing Nottingham at Tiddlywinks I'd still be disappointed if Leicester lost. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 1

Remember the time when there was a groundshre possibility with them potentially moving to the football stadium (2006?), and plenty got annoyed about it.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

33 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Im glad they are bringing PH back - desperately need some strategic senior level experience. Good appointment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/48771098

Good news!     One feels confident,  Now hes going to be around!!!

i just Hope he gets the support und no Political hogwash.....

It's not beyond the realms that King Power would be interested. A city they know well and where the Srivadhannaprabha family are held in high regard even beyond football, and a rugby club who really are a sleeping giant.

They could probably relaunch Tigers to the pinnacle of the English and European game with the investment we get in the average transfer window, and get 24,000 fans through the turnstiles every week in the process. Let's not forget that 15-20 years ago that the Tigers won the Premiership for fun and bagged back-to-back European Cups. 

They're already into polo and, increasingly, horse racing, so it's plausible that they would want to add a rugby club to their portfolio. I honestly wouldn't even be shocked to see them invest in LCCC and the Riders to mark Leicester out as a sporting mecca in their image.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

For this season I will be working with Leicester Tigers, so I get two tickets for every game. Being a massive city fan, I am looking to build a few contacts who would be interested in swapping tickets for a few matches this season.

So if there was ever a game you couldn’t go to or would like a change up, I’d be up for swapping! Or even just owing eachother tickets for a game.

if anyone is interested just drop me a message, cheers. 

• 3 weeks later...

Leicester Tigers say they will "take further action if appropriate" after reports of an incident involving some of their players in a bar in Portugal.

It has been claimed a "violent confrontation" with security staff took place in a pub during the Premiership side's training camp in the Algarve.

"The players made us aware of an incident when they were given a night off," a club spokesman told BBC Sport.

"The club have co-operated fully with the authorities."

The spokesman added: "While we believe this is the end of the matter, we will take further action if appropriate."

13 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Like we arent already enough of a laughing stock with our onfield performances.

Well done...fvcking clowns

It sounds like they did nothing wrong.

'After an animated discussion, it is alleged that Greg Bateman was punched, along with another player who could not be identified on the video footage.

There is no suggestion Leicester squad reacted by throwing any punches.

It is claimed Youngs stood at the front of the group and attempted to calm the situation - despite being hit by a glass.

The players are unlikely to face charges following the incident, according to reports.'

They didn't throw any punches. Yes they were probably drunk and being a bit rowdy, but they weren't violent.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

• 1 month later...

Early days but there are signs of improvement.

A malling at Worcester with 8 debutants followed up by encouraging wins against Exeter and Bath.

Obviously everyone has players at the World Cup but they look a lot more organised.

Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/10/2019 at 09:23, Livid said:

Early days but there are signs of improvement.

A malling at Worcester with 8 debutants followed up by encouraging wins against Exeter and Bath.

Obviously everyone has players at the World Cup but they look a lot more organised.

Fingers crossed!

And then today happened.