Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Leicester Tigers

In terms of the fans, I've been reading with fascination about how many are staying away, refusing to pay the matchday prices etc. There has been the "ultra loyal" backlash that people support through thick and thin, but this is the Tigers most serious and long-term sustained down period in I've no idea how many years. Surely the knock-on effect is an impact on their commercial/matchday revenues if the trend continues like this?

2 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

In terms of the fans, I've been reading with fascination about how many are staying away, refusing to pay the matchday prices etc. There has been the "ultra loyal" backlash that people support through thick and thin, but this is the Tigers most serious and long-term sustained down period in I've no idea how many years. Surely the knock-on effect is an impact on their commercial/matchday revenues if the trend continues like this?

It won't really tbf. 

IMO they'll sack Murphy and start climbing. They need to finally make an intelligent coaching appointment which they haven't in ages but if they were to turn around and actually give wedge to some Super Rugby prodigy they'd rocket up the table. 

The squad isn't really all that awful. 

Good win at the weekend although I believe  Pau made 14 changes to the side that won in the Pro 14 the previous week. How good were the Tigers with their returning internationals, who knows? 

The general atmosphere down there is the complete opposite of the upbeat feel at the KP. I know the money involved in the two leagues is massively different but they desperately need an overhaul of some  sort. 

On 23/11/2019 at 22:01, Finley Parsons said:

What a win from a young Tigers side against a experienced full Cardiff Blues team

Half. 

It's a good result, don't get me wrong, but Cardiff were missing a fair few internationals. 

They weren't full strength. 

21 hours ago, TK95 said:

I know it's Northampton but Tigers have been awful today

Can't say I'm not enjoying their demise. I really wish I could.like them,but I don't.

Relegation to non league Rugby would be a marvellous pill for the glory glory, tut tutting, patronising, 'man's game', holier than thou, welly wearing Tigers fans City had to put up with during the 80s, 90s and 2000s

• Like 1

On 30/11/2019 at 16:30, Mike Oxlong said:

The club ought to show some balls and show Murphy the door 

If Murphy doesn't go, either sacked or resigns, we will get relegated. We're so poor, it's heart breaking. Unfortunately the rot goes right to the top, to the Board of Directors. 

On 01/12/2019 at 14:53, Paninistickers said:

Can't say I'm not enjoying their demise. I really wish I could.like them,but I don't.

Relegation to non league Rugby would be a marvellous pill for the glory glory, tut tutting, patronising, 'man's game', holier than thou, welly wearing Tigers fans City had to put up with during the 80s, 90s and 2000s

So you deny One of your home Sports Top team,the success they brought to their sport und to the town....

i am Foxes & Tigers fan,though frustrating also cricket...

i have Sat in both camps...Its this snidey criticism I find weirdly amusing,even witty, but outside humerous banter,quite pathetic...

On Tigers..this is the First Time since the 1920s, as either amateurs or Profis ,that we have shown any long period of poor form.

On Murphy,he would of been the Choice of nearly all fans,Hes just took in "The Dream job"  at the same period,the Club its Organisation have gone,

really down the drain.Our Quality playing rescources & high Quality potential Knocking on the door,has just Disappeared into Rugby navarna-hell

We have lost our mojo,over,under and through all platforms.....100+ year Ethos with actual talent & Quality lost in some quagmire of incompetence or total

Confusion.... that should Not to be ridiculed under some Cloak of past bratish banter between same City different ball-codes fans...

The financial corruption off-fieldwithin the Running of the proffesional-era,changed the ideologies and scuppered & endangered  the  future of some honest clubs.

If Tigers also Fell out of line,I Really wouldnt know..but the Larger Tiger Family were a Big Part of my life,

and many of my aquaintences were also fanatical City fans...

The threat of the demise of One the best Top 5 World Wide clubs,is very sad...The city of Leicester would also be a massive loser....!!!:unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Threw it away again today. 

Exeter obviously got a rocket at half time, we gave it away.

I think it will come down to Murphy having to go, the quality of the player’s we have should be producing something far better than what we’ve been seeing. 

15 hours ago, Livid said:

Threw it away again today. 

Exeter obviously got a rocket at half time, we gave it away.

I think it will come down to Murphy having to go, the quality of the player’s we have should be producing something far better than what we’ve been seeing. 

I’m amazed he’s lasted this long. Have to start looking elsewhere now, surely.

It will be interesting to see what actually happens with the top tier and any potential expansion. The league wont want to lose Wasps, Leicester or Bath.

Falcons comfortably beat the 2nd best team in the Championship away yesterday and will storm the league as expected, as London Irish did last season.

Clearly there are 13 teams well ahead of everyone else, maybe a top 13 with a 2 leg play off between the bottom of the top tier and top of the 2nd tier for relegation, or a top 14 with 1 up 1 down for symmetry? 

• 2 weeks later...

New contracts for Ford and Genge. Genge looked set to leave too. I think they perhaps know something that we don't in terms of a new head coach coming in. I really hope so because relegation is a serious possibility and though the squad isn't the best, it still shouldn't go down. They just look really badly coached. 

7 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

New contracts for Ford and Genge. Genge looked set to leave too. I think they perhaps know something that we don't in terms of a new head coach coming in. I really hope so because relegation is a serious possibility and though the squad isn't the best, it still shouldn't go down. They just look really badly coached. 

Or more likely that relegation is going to be removed.