Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Leicester Tigers

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

And then today happened.

Tell me about it. 

Solid defensively against Exeter and Bath, threw away control of the Northampton game.

Then we move onto the league not great last week and never in it all today. Got to hope the World Cup returnees give us a serious boost. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Guesty said:

Saracens finally charged with breaking the salary cap for numerous seasons.

35 point deduction and £5 million fine.

WOW. That is big. I assume they will certainly make those 35 points up and avoid relegation but it's a big financial loss to the club. If only football clubs got harsher punishments.

Saracens have been cheating since at least 2014-15, when they and Bath were found guilty of breaking the salary cap. Nothing happened then. Now 5 yrs later they've found guilty again. For me they should lose the 4 PL titles they've won in this time. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Throw in Ben Te’o as well

They can't really have both unless Te'o is going to go and play for peanuts. 

They can have two marquee players and SBW has already signed. 

My gut feeling is Manu is the pipedream and Te'o is what they'll end up with, maybe using the Manu rumour to negotiate Te'o down after he's seen SBW's alleged salary. 

Or maybe to attract better non-marquee players with the hype.

Either way, I'd be surprised if they buy out Manu's contract. They'd be better served spending less on some established Super League or NRL pros with better injury records. 

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

They can't really have both unless Te'o is going to go and play for peanuts. 

They can have two marquee players and SBW has already signed. 

My gut feeling is Manu is the pipedream and Te'o is what they'll end up with, maybe using the Manu rumour to negotiate Te'o down after he's seen SBW's alleged salary. 

Or maybe to attract better non-marquee players with the hype.

Either way, I'd be surprised if they buy out Manu's contract. They'd be better served spending less on some established Super League or NRL pros with better injury records. 

It's bit of a grey area with Wolfpack though - they are not claiming a slice of the TV deal for Super League. 

Mitchell from Sydney is available on the wing whose a full Aussie RL international - I wouldn't not be surprised if he joins 

On 05/11/2019 at 12:39, sm1 said:

Saracens have been cheating since at least 2014-15, when they and Bath were found guilty of breaking the salary cap. Nothing happened then. Now 5 yrs later they've found guilty again. For me they should lose the 4 PL titles they've won in this time. 

They may well win at the high court. Is investment salary? Essentially no if you are giving them shares in a company associated with the success of the Rugby club... might even be classed as an incentive but not salary... Whilst it may well be wrong and we all know it - legally they may get away with it and following the appeal / Court for arbitration decision, the loophole closed...

10 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

They may well win at the high court. Is investment salary? Essentially no if you are giving them shares in a company associated with the success of the Rugby club... might even be classed as an incentive but not salary... Whilst it may well be wrong and we all know it - legally they may get away with it and following the appeal / Court for arbitration decision, the loophole closed...

You could well be right. Nigel Wray is a lot of things but stupid isn't one of them. Premiership Rugby as well as all the PL clubs have known for years that Saracens cheat when it comes to the salary cap. Initially this ranged from investing in their SA players' businesses back in South Africa, home loans and various other "incentives." Since then they have moved on and created these new financial instruments. Saracens initially were investigated in 2012, then in 2015 and have been under investigation since March of 2019. They've had a long time to get there stories right and the fact they were found guilty and let off once before, tells you it could happen again. I'm sure his lawyers have told Nigel Wray they can wringle their way out of this. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sm1 said:

You could well be right. Nigel Wray is a lot of things but stupid isn't one of them. Premiership Rugby as well as all the PL clubs have known for years that Saracens cheat when it comes to the salary cap. Initially this ranged from investing in their SA players' businesses back in South Africa, home loans and various other "incentives." Since then they have moved on and created these new financial instruments. Saracens initially were investigated in 2012, then in 2015 and have been under investigation since March of 2019. They've had a long time to get there stories right and the fact they were found guilty and let off once before, tells you it could happen again. I'm sure his lawyers have told Nigel Wray they can wringle their way out of this. 

If say a prominent national builder of houses that sponsored a rugby club gave reduced price houses new built to players, would this be a salary issue or a perk?

Just askin 😉

On 07/11/2019 at 22:43, Swan Lesta said:

If say a prominent national builder of houses that sponsored a rugby club gave reduced price houses new built to players, would this be a salary issue or a perk?

Just askin 😉

Didn’t Accrington’s manager get in trouble for buying his players McDonald’s as a treat for away wins?As it broke some sort of bonus rule.If Sarries do get away with this at least it will be out in the open once and for all.It will be official.They do cheat.Very damaging to their sports credibility.

31 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

If Saracens overturn their 35 point deduction, Tigers are very well placed to be relegated. Incredible really.

Long, long way to go. 

Even with a 35 point deduction I wouldn't expect Sarries to finish bottom. They'd have finished tenth last year. 

Tigers made some OK signings over the summer and they'll never keep Murphy all year this year anyway. 

Plus the current tables in the Northern Hemisphere are heavily influenced by the world cup, to which Leicester lost a lot of players. You think Bristol would normally be top? 

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Long, long way to go. 

Even with a 35 point deduction I wouldn't expect Sarries to finish bottom. They'd have finished tenth last year. 

Tigers made some OK signings over the summer and they'll never keep Murphy all year this year anyway. 

Plus the current tables in the Northern Hemisphere are heavily influenced by the world cup, to which Leicester lost a lot of players. You think Bristol would normally be top? 

It was a struggle last year, why should it be different this year? Of course the world cup has had an effect on teams, but we played Saracens who probably had a complete second string out and lost. This was the best time to play them.

Let's see but I think it will be another year of struggle and grinding out points to stay out of the bottom. They will probably improve as the season goes on but I can't see them challenge anywhere near the Top 7/8.

51 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It was a struggle last year, why should it be different this year? Of course the world cup has had an effect on teams, but we played Saracens who probably had a complete second string out and lost. This was the best time to play them.

Let's see but I think it will be another year of struggle and grinding out points to stay out of the bottom. They will probably improve as the season goes on but I can't see them challenge anywhere near the Top 7/8.

Don't really follow Rugby much but didn't Tigers have 6 England players at the WC?

1 hour ago, everton carr said:

Don't really follow Rugby much but didn't Tigers have 6 England players at the WC?

Sounds about right.

Ben Youngs

George Ford

Johnny May

Manu Tuilagi

Dan Cole

Telusa Veainu (who has been back and playing I believe).

So a pretty strong backline missing who may be able to make the difference.