Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Leicester Tigers

Mrs and son went today(not into rugby myself)And he came back being the mascot!.Walked out with George Ford onto the pitch.Had a photo etc with Ben Youngs and got the whole kit!Great day for him.

Edited by PAULCFC

2 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Mrs and son went today(not into rugby myself)And he came back being the mascot!.Walked out with George Ford onto the pitch.Had a photo etc with Ben Youngs and got the whole kit!Great day for him.

Sounds nice mate.

How much did they pay him?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Major changes required in the summer, like Murphy but I think they need to change direction and appoint someone externally, been a real shocking season they are miles behind the top 4 & 5. With so many stars in the side you do have to ask the question about the desire & aptitude within the squad.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, smitha said:

Major changes required in the summer, like Murphy but I think they need to change direction and appoint someone externally, been a real shocking season they are miles behind the top 4 & 5. With so many stars in the side you do have to ask the question about the desire & aptitude within the squad.

Your right..but you can't blame Murphy...A bit too early for the Leicester-legend. the shit was spreading long  before Murph put his goloshers into it.

Somehow the club lost its way,a big chunk of ethos & Tiger character,has gone missing

Is it we didn't bend far enough trying to fit into the whole new profi-set-up of these last 5-8 years,or did we bend too far,it broke out backs..

Nothing wrong with other teams,finding strong good players,or like Exeter creating a new epoch for themselves & the league...

We spent 100 years at the top,so a drop off was inevitable,clubs like Wasps,Northampton,& Bath came and went and had more comebacks as Lucille Ball but it was always the Tigers the myth the legend that stayed. Top players from within the UK & Ireland,use to die to try and get the "Leicester nod", but teams like Leinster,Munster,"restole"their players back,and they themselves threw down the gauntlet,we repeatedly & willingly picked up,but the new guys on the block stayed then Built a new refreshing neighbourhood.We were still damn good over those years,still the team everybody wanted to feather-pluck!!!

Then we hit that wall,that period...it started as we lost even more of our top players to automatic International periods,but then our fill-ins,our purposely

organised cover then took big long period injuries...we had still coped before!!!

I don't know the real deeper Whys,but I would love to listen to the Youngs- brothers,they played from young stars still part of the glorious but more wary years,no blame or dirt sticking on their shoes but they have witnessed,like Croft, & Murphy seen our clubs ethos & power slowly drain away...

I have no idea..why or even the wherefores,I am too far away from the "geschehen"..It hurts,it is allso just damn sad!!!I

A secondary thought...how strong are now the Leicestershire junior clubs..like westleigh,Syston,S.Leicester,Wigston,Vipers,or all  the "old boys" teams???

Edited by fuchsntf

• 2 weeks later...

Have got myself a Season Ticket for next season, surely must be an improvement on the one just gone right ?? :unsure:

Last went regularly over 20 years ago, have been on a couple of corporate days in the last couple of years which were fantastic.

I looked at buying a match ticket here and there but like the football on a individual ticket basis it's expensive.

£320 half decent seat, interest free DD instalments.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Tigers biggest problem at the moment is not necessarily investment or the starting XV....

Its that the coaching staff are currently not up to the job, sadly.

Hmm. 

It's partly investment, they can't compete with the top clubs in Europe that are getting bank rolled and operating at losses. I don't think Tigers fans would want to be run like that though. 

It's also that their owners, despite having been involved forever, just still don't understand the sport on a modern level.

Their recruitment on all fronts is absolutely awful. That's the problem with a buyout, there's no guarantee of actually getting someone that knows rugby. Nigel Wray might be a tit but he knows what he's doing. Look at the Wasps fiasco for how it can go. 

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Hmm. 

It's partly investment, they can't compete with the top clubs in Europe that are getting bank rolled and operating at losses. I don't think Tigers fans would want to be run like that though. 

It's also that their owners, despite having been involved forever, just still don't understand the sport on a modern level.

Their recruitment on all fronts is absolutely awful. That's the problem with a buyout, there's no guarantee of actually getting someone that knows rugby. Nigel Wray might be a tit but he knows what he's doing. Look at the Wasps fiasco for how it can go. 

All fair points buddy but if you look at the the team for this year, its capable of top four on paper but the staff can't seem to be able to get the best out of them. I do agree with the recruitment though - its nowhere near getting in the players capable of competing with the bigger European clubs and that's why the academy is so important to Tigers. In terms of the owners not understanding sport on a modern level, that may be the case (I'd be genuinely interested to hear what the basis of your views are for this) but I guess they know they need to sell to get investors in, to make the club have a chance on the wider european stage?

I think once you take out the injuries, the playing squad was abs is a long way short of top four, personally. The pack is awful, hence the reinvestment. 

There's no doubt the coaching appointments have been diabolical but then that's partly my point about then just being straight up awful at recruitment. 

Not sure how I'd feel about KP buying the Tigers.  Mainly, they don't hit me as rugby people, so unless they got in and hired some of the best advisors in the sport you'd worry. 

Then again it could be nice to have KP own them, but then again that adds complexity to it in terms of woukd funds be split between us and them etc. 

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Not sure how I'd feel about KP buying the Tigers.  Mainly, they don't hit me as rugby people, so unless they got in and hired some of the best advisors in the sport you'd worry. 

Then again it could be nice to have KP own them, but then again that adds complexity to it in terms of woukd funds be split between us and them etc. 

I'd worry it'd not unite the sporting City but any KP empire over both clubs would divide the city significantly!

Guest MattP

They don't have any interest in rugby at all do they? No idea why they would want to do this.

Football and Horses is the family passion.

7 minutes ago, MattP said:

They don't have any interest in rugby at all do they? No idea why they would want to do this.

The only vehicle of motivation perhaps would be stadium ownership and further KP marketing and branding opportunities to new business audiences?

Tigers have a turnover of around £20 million we turn over close to £160 million 

They are probably as close to Leuven financially as they are to us

Could see King Power being interested in the new hotel and the retail side of things but not sure what they’d get out of the actual sport 

18 minutes ago, MattP said:

Yes. 

I'll be amazed if they buy the Tigers. Its just a cheap, lazy bit of click bait and some wishful thinking by people who follow both clubs. 

Edit: by yes, I mean yes you're correct not yes they have an interest in rugby BTW. 

Edited by Finnegan

2 minutes ago, boots60 said:

After years of self satisfied smug remarks from (some) Tigers fans the club is up for sale for less than the value of one of our defenders!

I love Irony.

Not really a financially comparable sport at the higher echelons. But its attitudes/experiences like this you mention that worry me if say the Thais were to invest - its a different sport, I love and have played both sports but don't get the hate on both sides - find it a bit weird tbh!

• Like 2