Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adrien Silva - Terms Agreed

5 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

have I missed an announcement? been away for a few hours and this thread has gone 'hot' and jumped 20 odd pages 

No mate it's all good, we are just trying to decide if the Rudkin statue will be gold or silver.

38 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

I'm not in the 'scapegoat Rudkin' camp, but there are some serious flaws in this argument.

Firstly, there have been concerns for many years about our youth development. It's true that we've produced three players who were in-and-out of the squad in the second tier, and then in two cases in-and-out of the side in the PL, before either being sold on for a healthy sum or warming our bench, but relatively speaking it's a modest yield. Hopefully Chilwell will go a little further than the three you've mentioned.

You've credited Rudkin with the profits made on people like Nugent, Wood, Lawrence and Drinkwater, when the most impressive achievement in all cases was that we bought them for such small fees in the first place. And a great many of the transfers you've listed really aren't to his credit (as I think you acknowledge yourself). Even some of those which appear to be to his credit are debatable - yes, the fee we paid for Kante was hilariously low, but that was his market worth at the time. The success of the acquisition owed to a scouting network which saw something which nobody else had, not to Rudkin's negotiating skills. And there's no need to debate the release clause.

It's true that people question Rudkin for all sorts of (mostly absurd) reasons. They've decided he was blame for sacking Pearson, sacking Ranieri, losing Kante for a pittance, blowing stacks of cash in 2016 and pretty much anything else. But the first things which spring to mind when I look at your list, are (i) how the Pearson-Walsh era targets (more so than the Ranieri-Walsh era) tended to be budget buys which were sold on for huge profits, (ii) that we didn't always get a good deal for players we sold on, and it remains to be seen whether Drinkwater's sale will be a coup for us or a coup for Chelsea (if we don't sign Silva then, regardless of how he gets on over there, it won't have been too clever on our part). (iii) That, since our title win, our business has been largely poor, and it's very hard to use it as a cause to celebrate anyone at the club.

And I think it's especially daft to be crying about FIFA's 'clerical tw*ttery'. If we've missed a deadline (which might not be the case, and if it is it might have nothing to do with Rudkin), then we'll only have ourselves to blame. And we'll make ourselves look very daft, not only now but on many more occasions in the future, if we moan about the establishment when we need to figure out what went wrong, and stop it from happening again.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

PS - fair points. Whatevs.

52 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Now it's balanced posts like this that keep me returning to this forum.

Balanced posts? We've been after him for 5 windows in a row. 

We decided to not sign Silva until we had secured drinkwaters move to Chelsea, when we could have just signed Silva anyway and loaned drinkwater with a buyout or even kept him and loaned out Kingy. 

Now we are potentially left without Silva until January where he will come in without proper match practice. 

We should have sorted this out at the start of January, not 2 hours past deadline day. 

5 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

We decided to not sign Silva until we had secured drinkwaters move to Chelsea, when we could have just signed Silva anyway and loaned drinkwater with a buyout or even kept him and loaned out Kingy. 

Now we are potentially left without Silva until January where he will come in without proper match practice. 

We should have sorted this out at the start of January, not 2 hours past deadline day. 

It's late. Let's just wait and see.

3 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

True. I want to hold fire because I don't know for sure that we've screwed this up yet, but if we failed to make sure that the incoming deal was over the line before the outgoing deal, it says something about our priorities, as well as our efficiency.

I'm not sure whether the error is Rudkin's (it may well have nothing to do with him or his department) or at policy level, but questions should be asked. If the club can't come up with answers - meaning we do our homework properly and our business early in the next window - more players will wonder where the club is headed.

What a shame if we undo so much positive team-building this summer with a last minute self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. I can only hope that lessons are learned, and someone steps up in Silva's absence (better than they did last year, at least).

11 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

True. I want to hold fire because I don't know for sure that we've screwed this up yet, but if we failed to make sure that the incoming deal was over the line before the outgoing deal, it says something about our priorities, as well as our efficiency.

I'm not sure whether the error is Rudkin's (it may well have nothing to do with him or his department) or at policy level, but questions should be asked. If the club can't come up with answers - meaning we do our homework properly and our business early in the next window - more players will wonder where the club is headed.

What a shame if we undo so much positive team-building this summer with a last minute self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. I can only hope that lessons are learned, and someone steps up in Silva's absence (better than they did last year, at least).

Enough of your balance and rational posting! This is no place for that!! 

The more this drags on, the more it reminds me of the saga we had when we signed Kramarić. By the time Adrien actually gets approved and finally plays for us, we'll all find out that he's no good for us anyway. :sweating:

Everyone needs to have a wank (to rachel pics and or silvas missus) followed by a pint of your favorite beer.

Might  calm you down for 5 minutes.

There isn't cvnt all we can do about things if fifa wont allow it. So focus on the wank and then lets support the lads to kicks some epl arse!

pHsjNw.jpg

9 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Everyone needs to have a wank (to rachel pics and or silvas missus) followed by a pint of your favorite beer.

Might  calm you down for 5 minutes.

There isn't cvnt all we can do about things if fifa wont allow it. So focus on the wank and then lets support the lads to kicks some epl arse!

pHsjNw.jpg

giphy.gif

Archived