Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adrien Silva - Terms Agreed

Just now, KFS said:

Oh fvck off mate, want to check my ticket whilst you're at it?

This is a ridiculous situation but it's easily solved by people using common sense. 

It's clearly annoying but you really don't have a leg to stand on if you miss the deadline.

You're a massive business with millions riding on these decisions, what the utter **** are you doing waiting until the last second to do this stuff. Get it done, I have no time for this ****ing about. Either don't sell DD or sign the replacement first, this was the one thing they had to not do and they've managed to do it

I would think FIFA rejected it by the letter of the law and we will win on appeal as @Babylonhas already stated they have more "wiggle room".

I think it would be disgusting that FIFA would block a player from plying his trade due to bureaucracy over a few seconds. In a situation that there are no losers and only Silva and Leicester are winners it's an easy decision to make.

My one concern though is the few seconds were late after the 11pm deadline and not the 1am deadline.

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I would think FIFA rejected it by the letter of the law and we will win on appeal as @Babylonhas already stated they have more "wiggle room".

I think it would be disgusting that FIFA would block a player from plying his trade due to bureaucracy over a few seconds. In a situation that there are no losers and only Silva and Leicester are winners it's an easy decision to make.

My one concern though is the few seconds were late after the 11pm deadline and not the 1am deadline.

Lets be honest this is our fault. There is literally no one else to blame.

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

The problem then is where's the cut off. What if the next time it happens a team is 2 minutes late? What about 5? Or an hour?

Really if we didn't get the transfer done he should still be able to play for Sporting. Weird if he can't

Just now, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

Source?

Tomato source I think. Portugal is on the same time as Greenwich Mean Time isn't it? Just wonder whether we got clocks confused. There's no excuse to be honest this should have been done before Drinkwater left and we've got egg on our faces. If we are in the relegation area come January why would Silva complete the move? 

On the silva lining we still have Riyadh though and if he puts a shift in we will be ok 

1 minute ago, oxtonfox said:

Tomato source I think. Portugal is on the same time as Greenwich Mean Time isn't it? Just wonder whether we got clocks confused. There's no excuse to be honest this should have been done before Drinkwater left and we've got egg on our faces. If we are in the relegation area come January why would Silva complete the move? 

On the silva lining we still have Riyadh though and if he puts a shift in we will be ok 

I blame the Kuwaitis, personally...

Just found the following test in the "How to run a football club and not look like a complete twat" yearbook 1974. I think it's still relevant 

1) Do you think FIFA is a bunch of corrupt and pedantic twats?

a) Yes

b) No

2) Given the above, how important are FIFA player-registration deadlines

a) Very important, a deadline is a deadline

b) Not important, I'm sure if you get them in roughly on time you'll be fine

3) If you miss a deadline, whose fault is it?

a) FIFA, always blame FIFA

b) Technology, after all leaving things to the last minute is exciting

c) err, maybe your own?

10 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

The silence from the Club is deafening. An interim statement would be nice,  however brief.    Do we have a liaison officer? 

There probably isn't a statement to give, we technically don't know anything yet and neither does the club really.

2 minutes ago, Wdywd said:

The problem then is where's the cut off. What if the next time it happens a team is 2 minutes late? What about 5? Or an hour?

Really if we didn't get the transfer done he should still be able to play for Sporting. Weird if he can't

So it should be zero tolerance, what if it was one second or a fraction of a second.?

The deal was agreed in and nothing untoward has gone on. It's not like we were still negotiating with Sporting or Silva after the deadline. Hopefully common sense will prevail. Silva may only have four of five years left as a professional footballer and FIFA will stop him playing for half a season over a few seconds.

They're not looking after Silva's interest and this can be resolved with no losers. It would be utterly pathetic if some jobsworth applied the letter of the law as they're not flexible enough to apply common sense.

Archived