Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

21 minutes ago, Buce said:

I'm shocked, Izzy!

I think that's the first time I've known you to speak a bad word about anybody. :o

I’m only kidding :D

(but she does keep banging on about it) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, woollett the bullet said:

Ok what about this one

James corden is an unfunny tw@t

Completed agree. How he's ended up with his own US chat show baffles me. Also I read somewhere that West Ham are now a popular team to support in the US thanks to Corden and Russell Brand.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bovril said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-44923344

What do we all think about this then?

Obviously doesn't really qualify as an 'unpopular opinion' just didn't know where else to leave it and wasn't trawling the forum for a drag thread.

Seems a bit of a cop out reason, if he wants to do it why not? No other act would be denied on the grounds the they're under 18 and it's not appropriate.

• Like 2

Just now, The Blur said:

I actually think the likes of Whitehall,  Howard,  Carr,  McIntyre et all  are not that terrible.  

With the exception of Carr, that's the most unpopular opinion on this thread...................in my opinion.

Guest MattP

David Attenborough and his TV programmes, whilst obviously brilliant, have created a groupthink among society that sees animals and nature as caring rather than brutal. 

It's not like that, never has been and never will be.

12 minutes ago, MattP said:

David Attenborough and his TV programmes, whilst obviously brilliant, have created a groupthink among society that sees animals and nature as caring rather than brutal. 

It's not like that, never has been and never will be.

Nature is absolutely brutal rather than nurturing most of the time - it wants you dead by 30 and your wife dead after birthing her tenth kid at 27. The only reason that doesn't happen is because humans have utilised science to limit the worst effects of nature.

However, that's not to say that it isn't magnificent and shouldn't be viewed with at least some awe and be preserved for future generations.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Buce said:

I don't think nature is brutal, merely indifferent.

Yeah, perhaps we anthropomorphise it too much by adding human terms to it, come to think of it - as a society humans often go to real lengths to nurture and care (mostly) and so to see the animal kingdom not really have much of a part of that (except for a few examples) is read as them being brutal to each other out of spite rather than simply obeying the rules of Darwin.

Edited by leicsmac

10 minutes ago, MattP said:

As if you aren't getting a +1 for anthropomorphise.

Oi! I used it a few days ago - where the fvck were you then?

Edited by Buce

9 minutes ago, MattP said:

As if you aren't getting a +1 for anthropomorphise.

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

Oi! I used it a few days ago - where the fvck were you then?

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogoch.