Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

3 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I hadn't noticed that, it doesn't happen to me anyway I don't think. I do feel as though female football fan's opinions are looked down upon somewhat though, as though women can't enjoy it or be as knowledgeable as men. Despite the fact I've probably been following it longer than many posters on here have been born I always feel as though my opinion is irrelevant. It's certainly still a very male environment. 

I treat everyone’s opinion with equal irrelevance...

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I hadn't noticed that, it doesn't happen to me anyway I don't think. I do feel as though female football fan's opinions are looked down upon somewhat though, as though women can't enjoy it or be as knowledgeable as men. Despite the fact I've probably been following it longer than many posters on here have been born I always feel as though my opinion is irrelevant. It's certainly still a very male environment. 

Please don't interrupt pet.

tenor.gif.780132814a31f7850c7b2632841db1df.gif

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, toddybad said:

Work should be task based rather than time based which would also probably go some way to negating your problem.

Work is schedule and cost, all the tasks are carried out within those boundaries (and safety of course). 

Man City are the biggest "City" club in the Country. Which is why they are refereed to as "City" by everyone.

Don't get why people overreact about it tbh.

People on here say "United" referring to Manchester United, obviously, but nobody responds with "oh is that Sheffield United or Colchester United",

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

Correct in the sense that it's perfectly normal/acceptable to refer to any City club as City. 

What's not normal/acceptable is treating the term as a Man City exclusive like when neutrals use it to refer to Man City outside of a context where they're the only logical subject of the term ie. saying "City are playing well" during a Manchester derby = fine, but asking "did you see the City game last night?" when multiple City clubs played the night before = not fine... unless it's a conversation between fans of the same City club.  Honestly you could write a thesis on the subject, but the abstract is that Man City don't have a monopoly on the shorthand term "City" for referring to their club.

I get what you mean but I think Man City are a bit of a unique case as there are (obviously) two well-known clubs with Manchester in their name, whereas there's only one Leicester, Hull, Norwich, Birmingham etc. 

57 minutes ago, Guest said:

Referring to Man City as "City" is perfectly normal/acceptable. Might be because I've never lived in or around Leicester, mind. I've never called us anything other than Leicester

If the club that a person supports doesn't end with "city", they can refer to man city as they want. But for me, They are "Man City". Never referred to them as City iirc and I never will.

50 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Correct in the sense that it's perfectly normal/acceptable to refer to any City club as City. 

What's not normal/acceptable is treating the term as a Man City exclusive like when neutrals use it to refer to Man City outside of a context where they're the only logical subject of the term ie. saying "City are playing well" during a Manchester derby = fine, but asking "did you see the City game last night?" when multiple City clubs played the night before = not fine... unless it's a conversation between fans of the same City club.  Honestly you could write a thesis on the subject, but the abstract is that Man City don't have a monopoly on the shorthand term "City" for referring to their club.

Explained perfectly ?

Edited by Lcfcbisto

The channel 4 show 'Celebrity Sextortion'  - If a celeb performs sexual acts online out of their free will then they only have themselves to blame when said videos get into the public domain. 

Guy on it was almost trying to make it out like it was on par with something like an old person with dementia getting duped into giving away their life savings.

If you dont want people to see lewed videos on you, dont put them online / upload them to dropbox in the first place ffs.

On 10/07/2018 at 21:56, Fox92 said:

Man City are the biggest "City" club in the Country. Which is why they are refereed to as "City" by everyone.

Don't get why people overreact about it tbh.

People on here say "United" referring to Manchester United, obviously, but nobody responds with "oh is that Sheffield United or Colchester United",

100% this. Such a weird thing to get annoyed about. 

49 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Getting a bit bored with the Tennis media continually mentioning that Serena is a new mother, like she's the first woman who's ever given birth.

I’ve heard her say so many times that she ‘nearly died’ giving birth that I half wish she had.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I’ve heard her say so many times that she ‘nearly died’ giving birth that I half wish she had.

I'm shocked, Izzy!

I think that's the first time I've known you to speak a bad word about anybody. :o

Edited by Buce