Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

5 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

And there are far too many cuts during the fight/action sequences. Gives me a bloody headache. Oh for the days of Roger Moore taking out the bad guy with a single judo chop to the back of the neck.

The John Wick films have some excellent one shot action scenes. To the point, one angle, flows well with the film's narrative. How actions scenes should be done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Fight/action sequences are largely boring and go on way too long in most films.

So are the car/bike chases. Fast forward to the story if there is any.

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

No-one on here genuinely dislikes Harry Kane.

Certain people just make fun of his looks just to get reputation points..

I dislike Harry Kane.

I've worked from home today and (yet again) had a far more productive day than if I were holed up in the office. Up at 7.30 and working by 8.00, I've had chance to hit the gym, go for lunch and still get a load more work done than if I were in the office with no distractions. I'm personally of the opinion that with modern technology, if you can't trust your employees to do their work at home, you shouldn't hire them. Sadly my bosses are a bit more old school.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

I've worked from home today and (yet again) had a far more productive day than if I were holed up in the office. Up at 7.30 and working by 8.00, I've had chance to hit the gym, go for lunch and still get a load more work done than if I were in the office with no distractions. I'm personally of the opinion that with modern technology, if you can't trust your employees to do their work at home, you shouldn't hire them. Sadly my bosses are a bit more old school.

I worked from home today, got everything done and managed to squeeze in a wank too. happy days. lol

making people travel into an office to perform their jobs in certain roles is a waste of time. 

if a person's job can be done from a PC, across a server and face to face relationships aren't required (discussions across a phone will suffice) then working from home should absolutely be more common. 

it will give people more freedom to work the hours they want to work - as long as the workload is complete on time, why should it matter? If I want to get up at 5am and finish at 2pm then why not?

people might be able to spend less on childcare, people can work out when they finish.

it reduces motoring costs - sickness will be reduced. 

it takes a certain type of person to work from home - it's not as easy as some make out - you have to be self-motivated. but if the KPIs are set and someone is checking that work gets done - you have to do it. 

I'm all for it, personally. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, FIF said:

Mahrez wife is not pretty nor sexy.

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

This has to take the biscuit as most unpopular opinion, she's bloody cracking.

People slating Maguire's missus in that other thread need a day off in all, or a permanent ban

I agree if I'm honest.

Think Harry's other half is nice though.

Edit - I'm quite sure Riyad's girl would think I'm a right mess though

Edited by Max Wall

4 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

I'm the opposite, I can't work at home, there's no much stuff around me that I prefer to do instead, like nothing.

If I had to work from home, It would make home a joyless place.

8 hours ago, FIF said:

lol is there anything about mahrez (and now his family ffs) that you won’t insult to try and get a reaction? 

proper weirdo. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Anyone want to join me & @FIF in the weirdos club?

10 replies and I start a weirdos thread.

Isn't @ScouseFox calling someone a weirdo juxtaposition by the way?

Being called weird by some people here is the ultimate compliment.

15 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

lol is there anything about mahrez (and now his family ffs) that you won’t insult to try and get a reaction? 

proper weirdo. 

Sorry that I missed your post but I've blocked you because you are a bit of a numpty who doesn't add anything to a converstaion. You've probably proven my point again.

On 09/07/2018 at 14:16, FIF said:

Seems like a a Kardashian wannabe to me.

Which, as people to wannabe go, says a bit in itself. But I'd wager 'our sweet prince' is none too bright so maybe he doesn't look any further than her tits/arse anyway. 

Edited by CarbonVirtine

17 hours ago, simFox said:

I'm the opposite, I can't work at home, there's no much stuff around me that I prefer to do instead, like nothing.

If I had to work from home, It would make home a joyless place.

Work should be task based rather than time based which would also probably go some way to negating your problem.

1 hour ago, Wookie said:

Anybody think it’s odd the amount of times the female posters get tagged in posts? They’re not going to sleep with you.

I hadn't noticed that, it doesn't happen to me anyway I don't think. I do feel as though female football fan's opinions are looked down upon somewhat though, as though women can't enjoy it or be as knowledgeable as men. Despite the fact I've probably been following it longer than many posters on here have been born I always feel as though my opinion is irrelevant. It's certainly still a very male environment. 

• Like 3