Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

Netflix is getting worse.

I subscribed because I like to come in and watch a movie now and then, 90 minutes to 2 hours and I'm done.

I don't really do series unless they are exceptional , GOT etc.

I just had a look at the recently released section along with more Netflix originals there's more Far Eastern  and Bollywood stuff than anything else.

6 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Cider is too sugary for me. Can handle the odd pint but could never have a session on it. 

I love wine with scran as well but good beer is unbeatable.

can confirm this is a lie, this man bathes in strongbow dark fruits 

Edited by ScouseFox

3 hours ago, Livid said:

Netflix is getting worse.

I subscribed because I like to come in and watch a movie now and then, 90 minutes to 2 hours and I'm done.

I don't really do series unless they are exceptional , GOT etc.

I just had a look at the recently released section along with more Netflix originals there's more Far Eastern  and Bollywood stuff than anything else.

Amazon Prime Video is getting very good recently

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I can only drink wine if I'm eating something very strong (like spicy curry etc), to compensate how bitter/sweet this particular drink often is.

Some of the female/wine-loving posters on here may well disagree, but personally think that wine is one of the most-disgusting (barring Rose, which isn't too bad tbh) drinks around.

I'm a female loving poster and I'll disagree just on principle.

6 hours ago, Livid said:

I've never got the taste for wine. Will drink the odd glass at Weddings etc. but that's it.

Like Lager, Pale Ale, bitter & cider, I tend to drink quality over quantity these days.

There is a lot of poor tasting wine but if you follow your ethos you'll find some quality stuff too that's worth drinking.

10 minutes ago, Buce said:

I'm assuming that's a spin-off from Breaking Bad.

Is it any good?

It is a spin off, nearly everyone I know loved it. I watched a few episodes but found it pretty average and stopped wasting my time.

9 minutes ago, Buce said:

Is it any good?

Outstanding, obviously the premise of Breaking bad is better and more entertaining but I think BCS is the absolute zenith of writing. Even the mundane is gripping.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Buce said:

Is it any good?

I found it a bit contrived - probably ok in its own right, but not a patch on Breaking Bad. (Which I found it impossible not to compare it with).

Though I think I’m in a minority, as loads of people I know loved it. 

On 27/07/2018 at 15:59, lifted*fox said:

yeah, I dunno about betting tbh. 

I don't mind sticking a couple of quid on an accumulator or similar but I'm not prepared to waste my time looking at statistics / betting history / watching horses and shit; all whilst potentially chucking money down the drain just for a buzz.

If I wanna rush I'll spend £2 on a pill and rush for 4 hours^_^

And they say the Millennial generation have it bad. I used to have to pay £10 in 1990 ffs.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Livid said:

I have that as well, more quality over quantity. 

Yeah, I have both, spend a lot more time using Prime tbh. I use the Spanish version, they have this programme that basically follows the lives of Saul (Atletico Madrid) and Iñaki Williams (Bilbao) which is really interesting to watch

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Beer, ale, lager, is all shit. It's what I imagine piss would taste like if it was fizzy. Give me a lovely chilled bottle of Sauvignon Blanc every day. In fact, thinking about it, somebody does. 

Me :ph34r:

Is this an admission that you've tried piss and can say its not fizzy?

Just had a bottle of stella and it was lovely. Hopefully its not fizzy piss.

I remember how bad Netflix was when it started. LoveFilm was king until Netflix picked up the US Office. 

Considering its massive growth, I don't think they've changed the price? Was £6 a month when it started, so fair play.

Edited by RonnieTodger

1 minute ago, RonnieTodger said:

I remember how bad Netflix was when it started. LoveFilm was king until Netflix picked up the US Office. 

LoveFilm? Wow how long ago was that popular! Forgot it existed