Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

56 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Fortnite is absolute garbage.

100%. It's not even a good game.

I don't mind the whole survival 'last man' premise but the fact that every time you come across someone it turns into a box-building competition - nah. 

What's the point in having huge open terrain and different buildings, etc. to gain vantage points and then just immediately box yourselves in when an encounter happens. 

Might as well just start off in the ****ing box and forget about the rest of the map. 

Too cartoon-ish, shooting mechanics are lacking and game-play is super shallow.

Fair enough, kids enjoy it but I'm looking for something a little more expansive from my time spent gaming. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

100%. It's not even a good game.

I don't mind the whole survival 'last man' premise but the fact that every time you come across someone it turns into a box-building competition - nah. 

What's the point in having huge open terrain and different buildings, etc. to gain vantage points and then just immediately box yourselves in when an encounter happens. 

Might as well just start off in the ****ing box and forget about the rest of the map. 

Too cartoon-ish, shooting mechanics are lacking and game-play is super shallow.

Fair enough, kids enjoy it but I'm looking for something a little more expansive from my time spent gaming. 

I was watching my nephews playing it yesterday for about 15 minutes and I could feel my brain decomposing.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Fortnite is just a fun game to play with your pals, its not to be taken too seriously really. I'd rather be playing that than something like COD tbf

for sure dude, each to their own and my opinion is probably in the minority. 

there's thousands of people playing it and enjoying it so... 

I'd be much more inclined to play something like that if it was somewhat more realistic - like PUBG but not a broken, laggy mess, like. 

4 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

yeah, I dunno about betting tbh. 

I don't mind sticking a couple of quid on an accumulator or similar but I'm not prepared to waste my time looking at statistics / betting history / watching horses and shit; all whilst potentially chucking money down the drain just for a buzz.

If I wanna rush I'll spend £2 on a pill and rush for 4 hours. ^_^

4 Hours... They don't make them like they used too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

4 Hours... They don't make them like they used too.

;) you know it! 

tbf though, even when they were strong as **** I still had to take several over the night to get to where I wanted to be! 

apparently there's some right monsters about again at the moment but I'm too old for all that jazz now. :nono:

57 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

;) you know it! 

tbf though, even when they were strong as **** I still had to take several over the night to get to where I wanted to be! 

apparently there's some right monsters about again at the moment but I'm too old for all that jazz now. :nono:

Back in my day it was £20 for a decent E and now £2... would be cool if transfers worked that way :P

45 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Cider is too sugary for me. Can handle the odd pint but could never have a session on it. 

I love wine with scran as well but good beer is unbeatable.

I can only drink wine if I'm eating something very strong (like spicy curry etc), to compensate how bitter/sweet this particular drink often is.

Some of the female/wine-loving posters on here may well disagree, but personally think that wine is one of the most-disgusting (barring Rose, which isn't too bad tbh) drinks around.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1