Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

McDonalds certainly will do you a burger any way you like it if you ask. You can fully customise them on the touch screens inside nowadays adding and removing pretty much anything you want. A mate of mine has his double cheeseburger plain with just cheese and nothing else. Me, I like extra pickle and mustard on mine. 

Maybe they wouldn't cook your burger rare because of their safety standards, but they'll do pretty much anything else. 

Edited by The Bear

23 minutes ago, The Bear said:

McDonalds certainly will do you a burger any way you like it if you ask. You can fully customise them on the touch screens inside nowadays adding and removing pretty much anything you want. A mate of mine has his double cheeseburger plain with just cheese and nothing else. Me, I like extra pickle and mustard on mine. 

Maybe they wouldn't cook your burger rare because of their safety standards, but they'll do pretty much anything else. 

They never ask me, but they correctly guess I want all my food devoid of flavour and piled with salt, finished with a pumping of some sort of compressed gas that gives me the hiccups

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

It's great for tranferring armpit hair to other parts of your body

Where else on your body do you use roll on deodorant apart from under your arms? lol

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

It doesn't leave your hairs all matted ...

6 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

It's great for tranferring armpit hair to other parts of your body

Can’t say I’m ever covered in armpit hair all the time lol

Guest MattP
21 hours ago, stix said:

Joint of Pork, slice and salt the skin side, 30 minutes at full whack, double foil around the tray( a deep tray is best for basting later on) then 3-4 hours at about 150 degrees, then baste over the top with all the juices in the tray, then another hour at the same temperature with the foil off. 

Fvcking incredible bit of meat!!! Falls apart!!

First time I've read a post on here and felt very very hungry.

17 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Oh and just go to a hawksmoor then all will make sense. 

I'm going again in two weeks and am already looking at the menu. I genuinely can't wait.

The sides as well, the creamy mash and spinach. The potted beef for a starter.

4 hours ago, Buce said:

Sure, that's entirely your prerogative, mate, and as someone who doesn't eat meat, my opinion of how it's best cooked is worthless. The point I'm making is regarding the principle that taste is entirely subjective and to say that a steak can only be cooked one way is pompous and ridiculous.

I agree the customer should always have the final say but I also think a chef should cook a meat how he sees fit. If they are buying cuts and hanging then they shouldn't have someone ruining it.

You wouldn't tell a builder to put a conservatory on the roof as that's how you like it. 

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

No they wouldn't, The grills are double-sided and set to a minimum time so they can't go below that. Although they can do burgers well done if you ask them for it.

Edited by Voll Blau

2 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

There appears to be evidence of CJD on this thread. Maybe steak should just be banned altogether.

Surely that would be closing the byre door after the cattle have bolted?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MattP said:

I'm going again in two weeks and am already looking at the menu. I genuinely can't wait.

Went a few weeks ago and had the Sunday roast which was unsurprisingly the best roast I've had bar my Christmas dinner. They do amazing cocktails and beer too.

When I went last year I had med rare rib eye, fries, Caesar salad, and their anchovy hollandaise which is absolutely amazing. And soda bread to share.

Which one do you usually go to mate?

3 hours ago, MattP said:

I agree the customer should always have the final say but I also think a chef should cook a meat how he sees fit. If they are buying cuts and hanging then they shouldn't have someone ruining it.

You wouldn't tell a builder to put a conservatory on the roof as that's how you like it. 

Spinach? :o

I thought you are allergic to green things?

Guest MattP
25 minutes ago, Buce said:

Spinach? :o

I thought you are allergic to green things?

Don't mind a bit of Broccoli or Spinach. 

All other veg can go though. 

7 hours ago, The Bear said:

Oddly enough you can remove everything so there is nothing. No burger. But they will still charge you for it. Madness