Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

But it’s a lovely rip off isn’t it. Almost certain it’s laced with crack, I moan like **** about paying £20 for a pizza then eat everything, box included.

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

How many inches are acceptable but £19?

I'm a Dominoes virgin so didn't know what to expect. It was quite nice tbf but for £19 I'd expect as least @Webbos 18 inches lol

• Haha 1

Just now, Izzy Muzzett said:

I'm a Dominoes virgin so didn't know what to expect. It was quite nice tbf but for £19 I'd expect as least @Webbos 18 inches lol

Hearing his inbox is now full haha.

Wow, never had a dominos before tonight? Texas BBQ with the garlic dip is top notch.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Hearing his inbox is now full haha.

Wow, never had a dominos before tonight? Texas BBQ with the garlic dip is top notch.

I can't really eat takeaway food as it's no good for my guts so I only had a couple of slices (which I'll pay for at about 3.00am lol) and my kids demolished the rest.

Must admit it tasted pretty good and we had the BBQ dip which was quite spicy I thought!

7 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I can't really eat takeaway food as it's no good for my guts so I only had a couple of slices (which I'll pay for at about 3.00am lol) and my kids demolished the rest.

Must admit it tasted pretty good and we had the BBQ dip which was quite spicy I thought!

Oh yeah I remember you saying, not good, chilli ruins me but junk food is fine. My diet at weekends is so bad but never mind.

Spicy? I haven’t had one for a few months but I’ve not heard of that.

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Oh yeah I remember you saying, not good, chilli ruins me but junk food is fine. My diet at weekends is so bad but never mind.

Spicy? I haven’t had one for a few months but I’ve not heard of that.

I don't do spicy food mate but that BBQ did tasted spicy to me. Even Pepper and Mustard blow my socks off :D

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

That's more like it.

The 'mighty meat' one we just had from Dominoes was £18.99 and only 14 inch. Fvckin joke really

If you can collect from your local dominoes store you can get decent offers.

Any large pizza is £9.99 if you collect or buy one get one free at full price. Like @SystonFox said look online and you’ll get decent offers with a lot of food for about £20.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yep, there's always vouchers for Domino's online and they often have their own deals on the website too. I think they rely on people not being arsed and just paying full whack because it's easy enough to get money off

42 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Yep, there's always vouchers for Domino's online and they often have their own deals on the website too. I think they rely on people not being arsed and just paying full whack because it's easy enough to get money off

Tbh that pretty much applies to most things. Deals off or money back is probably made harder because people can't be bothered to go through all the hassle.

Thing is though at whatever price you're paying it will still always be stodgy crap.  The only redeeming quality of dominos, papa j etc. is that they're less effort than calling your nearest authentic Italian place and getting a proper stonebaked affair with fresher ingredients and at usually better prices too.

19 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Leicester City will win either the League or FA Cup competition in 2019.

Why's would that be unpopular? Everyone on this forum would be delighted if that happened.

Edited by Facecloth

On 09/09/2018 at 16:55, Carl the Llama said:

Thing is though at whatever price you're paying it will still always be stodgy crap.  The only redeeming quality of dominos, papa j etc. is that they're less effort than calling your nearest authentic Italian place and getting a proper stonebaked affair with fresher ingredients and at usually better prices too.

What's the difference between the pizza ingredients at Domino's and authentic Italian places?

2 hours ago, simFox said:

What's the difference between the pizza ingredients at Domino's and authentic Italian places?

They're usually fresher for a start. Mostly it's the lack of grease and better quality bread/cheese that makes them more appealing. 

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

As awful a miscarriage is to go through for all concerned, my sympathy in this story automatically dropped dramatically when it referred to his existing daughter, his FIFTH child. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45487825

I feel bad for thinking the above but there you go.

I have no problem with people having loads of kids if they can afford to. It's when they claim benefits and have loads that it bugs me. There should be a limit on child benefit for those not working. After three kids you shouldn't get any higher amount. 

14 minutes ago, The Bear said:

They're usually fresher for a start. Mostly it's the lack of grease and better quality bread/cheese that makes them more appealing. 

I have no problem with people having loads of kids if they can afford to. It's when they claim benefits and have loads that it bugs me. There should be a limit on child benefit for those not working. After three kids you shouldn't get any higher amount. 

I think you are making that up. From their site:

Every Domino’s pizza is bursting with great quality ingredients, including 100% mozzarella and vine ripened tomatoes. Our signature fresh dough is unbleached and high in protein, ensuring only the best hand stretched dough is used for our pizza bases.

At Domino’s, we are passionate about sourcing great quality ingredients. Our mozzarella is 100% produced in the UK and most importantly, it’s 100% cheese; it does not contain starch. Only Mediterranean vine ripened tomatoes are used for our pizza sauce, and it takes just six hours from picking the tomatoes for them to be turned into our delicious sauce. 

they also have a pretty robust supply chain.

It's like the McDonald's chicken nuggets, turns out they are 100% chicken breast.

1 hour ago, simFox said:

I think you are making that up. From their site:

Every Domino’s pizza is bursting with great quality ingredients, including 100% mozzarella and vine ripened tomatoes. Our signature fresh dough is unbleached and high in protein, ensuring only the best hand stretched dough is used for our pizza bases.

At Domino’s, we are passionate about sourcing great quality ingredients. Our mozzarella is 100% produced in the UK and most importantly, it’s 100% cheese; it does not contain starch. Only Mediterranean vine ripened tomatoes are used for our pizza sauce, and it takes just six hours from picking the tomatoes for them to be turned into our delicious sauce. 

they also have a pretty robust supply chain.

It's like the McDonald's chicken nuggets, turns out they are 100% chicken breast.

I can't tell if you're being serious, quoting company PR as evidence of quality... 

But to give you the benefit of the doubt and answer your question:  Aside from the simple answer that traditional pizza places use a different recipe for their dough and stretch it more thinly, they will also use a proper stone oven giving a light, airy end product and you'll get those imperfections like crunchy air bubbles around the crust. For Dominoes and all the other chains, most of their stores use pre-made homogeneous bases which they pull out the freezer to thaw on the day of use and their recipe results in a heavy, bread-like pizza base. 

As for the ingredients in that Domino's promotional piece you're quoting: I have no doubt that their mozzarella is 100% cheese (be worrying if it wasn't) or that their tomatoes are vine-ripened (that's generally how tomatoes work) but I have equally little doubt that the cheese is the cheap, low quality stuff.  Leicester are 100% a football team and so are Notts Forest, doesn't mean both teams are of equal quality.  Same goes for Maccy D nuggets, yes it's 100% real chicken breast but it's the cheap shit from mass-produced battery hens that spend their lives being shat on by the bird in the cage above them.

• Like 1