Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

8 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Forget all this male bravado, stiff upper lip bolllox. If you love someone, tell them. One day it will be too late.

Did he leave you then?

28 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Forget all this male bravado, stiff upper lip bolllox. If you love someone, tell them. One day it will be too late.

Damn right. Repeating something I've said before, but I don't know why do we venerate suffering and stoicism, like with those ridiculous memes about what the youth of yesteryear had to do compared to today. Suffering is given a moral value, as though there is something about being miserable and keeping a stiff upper lip while falling apart mentally that is worthy of praise.

Surely the whole point of suffering in the past is that it doesn't have to happen as much in the future and that is a good thing? Or is it just a masochistic enjoyment of it for its own sake?

• Like 1

On 27/08/2018 at 17:18, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I wasn't there that morning, when my father passed away... but I did get to tell him some of the things I had to say. [With apologies to whoever wrote the lyrics!!]

Just for the record, he hadn't been well but none of us realised he was that close to going. Why I said what I did when I did still baffles me. Glad I did though, it helped me with the grieving.

This line in this song always makes me cry. It's a bit close to home for comfort.... 

Cockney men are all arrogant know it alls, they’ve been to better places, done more, seen more, have more etc. They also believe their accent aka “the cockney forcefield” makes them “well-ard”. They embarrass England at every opportunity whilst on holiday and are extremely uncomfortable to be around.

4 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Cockney men are all arrogant know it alls, they’ve been to better places, done more, seen more, have more etc. They also believe their accent aka “the cockney forcefield” makes them “well-ard”. They embarrass England at every opportunity whilst on holiday and are extremely uncomfortable to be around.

Just a slight generalisation :D

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Londoners or Cockneys?most that say they are Cockneys aren’t.

im a southerner( sort of) and I can say I prefer a Brummie accent to a  Cockney.

2 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Londoners or Cockneys?most that say they are Cockneys aren’t.

im a southerner( sort of) and I can say I prefer a Brummie accent to a  Cockney.

I’m not really sure in terms of area as such, but you know the Danny Dyer types, those sorts :) 

On 01/09/2018 at 20:36, SheppyFox said:

Cockney women are worse, especially when pissed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Toad in the hole.

Overrated.

Top of the sausage poking out the batter. Over cooked.

Bottom of the sausage not so clever.

THANK YOU!

Sausage and yorkshire works great together, but a toad in the hole just ruins both. The fluids from the sausage means the surrounding batter doesn't crisp up right, and the bottom of the sausages are pale and nasty. Fvck that

Get one of those giant yorkshires, some decent sausages and mash (and onion gravy), cook them separately and serve it all in the big Yorkie. Miles nicer than any toad in the hole you can buy or make. Fact.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Strokes said:

You're doing it wrong if thats how its coming out.

Never cook it cuz it's shit.

But I've never had one that's decent. Sausages are never evenly cooked and the better as mentioned in joachims post never crips like a proper Yorkshire it's always a bit soggy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Never cook it cuz it's shit.

But I've never had one that's decent. Sausages are never evenly cooked and the better as mentioned in joachims post never crips like a proper Yorkshire it's always a bit soggy.

It’s probably one of my favourite dishes but I know what you mean about the sausages, I always grill the sausages whilst making the batter mix and then turn them upside down in the mix so the bottom is crisp before the cook.

the base being half pancake half Yorkshire is amazing though, :thumbup:

• Like 1