Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

7 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I can't tell if you're being serious, quoting company PR as evidence of quality... 

But to give you the benefit of the doubt and answer your question:  Aside from the simple answer that traditional pizza places use a different recipe for their dough and stretch it more thinly, they will also use a proper stone oven giving a light, airy end product and you'll get those imperfections like crunchy air bubbles around the crust. For Dominoes and all the other chains, most of their stores use pre-made homogeneous bases which they pull out the freezer to thaw on the day of use and their recipe results in a heavy, bread-like pizza base. 

As for the ingredients in that Domino's promotional piece you're quoting: I have no doubt that their mozzarella is 100% cheese (be worrying if it wasn't) or that their tomatoes are vine-ripened (that's generally how tomatoes work) but I have equally little doubt that the cheese is the cheap, low quality stuff.  Leicester are 100% a football team and so are Notts Forest, doesn't mean both teams are of equal quality.  Same goes for Maccy D nuggets, yes it's 100% real chicken breast but it's the cheap shit from mass-produced battery hens that spend their lives being shat on by the bird in the cage above them.

I worked on a farm that grew potatoes when I was a kid, the owner was known as one of the best farmers in that region, using the best tech and highest quality, he had the biggest contracts, one being McDonald's. As I recall he was lucky to get that contract, but they weren't easy to keep as the quality was expected and checked. 

I've seen Domino's ingredients, it's like any other place making pizza, none of them have a vegetable patch in the back yard so I don't see any of them having anything less "fresh" than any other chain. It's just assumption based on "fast food is bad" it's bad because cheese is fattening, sausage is fattening, pepperoni has high fat, avacado is fattening, even the freshest of pizza ingredients don't make them any healthier. I bet the HSE standards are much higher in a big chain, they always are, ask me how I know, the hoops we jump through on our shop for are frankly ridiculous and smaller places I've worked are always way more lax.

I’ve fitted loads of systems in dominos Pizza. I’ve seen how ‘fresh’ the ingredients are. The bases are not made in store (they arrive as big balls of dough, so you get to see them roll it out in front of you) and are delivered early hours daily, they arrive unfrozen and are discarded at the end of the day. Tomatoes, sweet corn, tuna, sauces etc are just tinned crap. Olives, jalapeños etc arrive in these see through vacuum packed bags and look pretty disgusting. They definitely do not start a new one every night. Cheese arrives pre-grated and from the shear volume they go through, it’s safe to assume it’s fresh. They are almost always very clean, even the fridges/chillers. How they get away with the prices is beyond me, it’s a substandard product for a premium price. However when given for free or discounted, it’s a nice takeaway American pizza.

Harry Kane is overrated internationally. He's a flat track bully who scores well against weak teams but struggles against stronger teams. Furthermore his "style" doesn't suit the England set-up, he's a plodder who can't close men down - an important part of the southgate system against good teams who can pass the ball. His name should not be one of the first on the team sheet, in fact it often shouldn't even be on the team sheet. And Captain? You're having a laugh - doesn't seem to have many Captain's ability traits.

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

You can get a personal pizza at lunchtime for £2 at dominoes. Absolute steal. Annoys me when people buy wedges. A poxy little box of wedges for like £5 when (in Glenfield) you can just go next door and buy a big bag of wedges for £1 and cook them all.

Although I agree with what you are saying, if you are going to cook the wedges, while you are at it you may as well buy a Pizza and cook that too.

I'm a sucker for a takeaway at weekends. The reality is that it's all a rip off. Everything it marked up ridiculously. I can buy a family sized pizza from Tesco for £4 whereas at Dominoes it costs £19.99. I'll be honest, I'm a massive fan of Dominoes but the difference in taste between the Tesco & Dominoes Pizzas do not differ much. The problem is that it becomes convenient to just open the app on your phone and order one if you crave junk.

it’s cheaper than most other takeaway options if you do it at the right time with the right deal and order the right amount. 

sure if you’re sat at home on a friday night on your bill and you want a pizza and a drink it’ll cost you £20+. but if there’s 3 or 4 of you you can get shitloads of food for a tenner each. and it takes about 20 minutes to get to mine. and it’s well nice. 

58 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Although I agree with what you are saying, if you are going to cook the wedges, while you are at it you may as well buy a Pizza and cook that too.

I'm a sucker for a takeaway at weekends. The reality is that it's all a rip off. Everything it marked up ridiculously. I can buy a family sized pizza from Tesco for £4 whereas at Dominoes it costs £19.99. I'll be honest, I'm a massive fan of Dominoes but the difference in taste between the Tesco & Dominoes Pizzas do not differ much. The problem is that it becomes convenient to just open the app on your phone and order one if you crave junk.

Not really as I really like Dominoes and the £2 pizza is a steal. Don't think you can get better for £2

2 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Gareth Southgate isn’t a good manager & he got lucky in the World Cup with the fixtures they had. 

Problem is, what better opinion is there?

Admittedly he’s not the best Manager in the world, but I still says he’s the best man for the job right now.

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

Southgate would admit most of these things, he's not perfect but no manager is. I feel he's probably similar to Puel in the sense that he's not going to deliver us glory but they're taking us down the right path.

Neither will any other manager in the land tbf

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Miranda Hart is as funny as Kevin Hart. 

He's ****ing terrible as well.

That's not an unpopular opinion. I think anyone who has a sense of humour and has ever had a verruca (80% of the world's population) would tell you the verruca was funnier

14 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

That's not an unpopular opinion. I think anyone who has a sense of humour and has ever had a verruca (80% of the world's population) would tell you the verruca was funnier

I know everyone thinks Miranda is shit, but Kevin Hart is ****ing everywhere. A lot of people must like him 

• Like 2

Why do people stay in their homes during a hurricane when they've been told to evacuate? I understand if you are really old and just don't give a damn or don't have the financial means to leave. Even if you don't i'm pretty sure they are ways to get out via help from the local government etc.

Edited by Jattdogg