Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

20 hours ago, ramboacdc said:

there are 2 genders. if you are born one and you believe it is wrong then you are all entitled to chance your sex, dress in what you like and identify as that gender. but it should be your choice and your parents should not force a gender neutrality on you. there are no different genders apart from male and female. there is only males and females who like different sorts of stuff sexually. thats not a gender thats a preference or a fetish. 

19 hours ago, Finnegan said:

There aren't two genders or three or five or twelve or "as many as you want."

There are none. Gender is a lie.

You're free to self identify however you want but it's still just a label, a social construct with no actual necessary function. If you identify as gender fluid, gender queer, transgender or anything else then you're lying to yourself and limiting yourself  just as much as someone limiting themselves to the gender they believe they were born to. 

There are two biological sexes and the occasional mutation in-between. 

In my less sane moments I've been tempted to create a thread on this topic as an acquaintance (annoyingly I don't  know them well enough to actually talk openly about it) is currently transitioning and I just don't get it. I'm pretty open minded, but the whole process is completely changing their personality to be someone virtually unrecognisable, which is not surprising as she is taking a fvck ton of hormones to transition. She's gone from acting like a normal 30 year old to acting like a teenage girl and is getting all pissy that her 30 year old male friends don't really want to hang out with her accusing people of having a problem with her being trans, and not realising that she hasn't just changed gender, she has completely changed who she is.

My view on it is that it is a con, you have a biological gender, but that in no way should dictate how you live and how you want to act, feelings of being in the wrong body or wrong gender type is a mental issue and not a physical issue, so the solution is to help people find a way to accept their physical bodies. Pumping someone full of hormones and chopping bits off really isn't a solution. Obviously there are some societal issues that need to be addressed, but I just can't see sex change operations as a solution and will probably cause more psychological issues than it resolves.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Captain... said:

The age of consent is a flawed and arbitrary concept, a 16 year old boy having sex with a girl of 15 years and 364 days makes the boy a sex offender, whereas if she waits a couple of days then a 60 year old man can legally fvck her.

Whilst I agree, you have to draw the line somehow. 

Edited by Strokes

59 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Whilst I agree, you have to draw the line somehow. 

You do, which is why a staggered age limit based on the partner as well should be in place: so the captain's scenario of boy being a couple of weeks older doesn't matter (clearly not a grooming issue) while the 60 year old bloke with a 16 year old girl becomes one (because let's be fair, that sort of age difference is clearly taking advantage of someone)

33 minutes ago, foxoffderby said:

I would like to suggest banning replies to this thread. It takes the edge off the point of the thread. Its people's statements that count that are interesting wheather they are right or wrong. 

^This is why Twitter and Instagram and other social media is shit. If anyone can post any shit they like without explanation and with no rebuttals allowed, then we as a society are devolving, not evolving.

36 minutes ago, Turbogre said:

Cyclists are utter retards.

Using a bicycle as my predominant mode of transport, I agree and disagree. Twats are driving cars, riding bicycles and going on foot in more or less equal measure. If I reported every traffic infringement I see every day just between home and work, I'd have no time to do anything else. The only redeeming thing about cycling twats is, if they get involved in an accident, they are more likely to come off worse than the counterpart.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

The age of consent is a flawed and arbitrary concept, a 16 year old boy having sex with a girl of 15 years and 364 days makes the boy a sex offender, whereas if she waits a couple of days then a 60 year old man can legally fvck her.

But if the 60 year old filmed it, he would be a sex offender.

On 12/09/2017 at 20:09, a_k_b said:

People who go to uni are less intelligent than those who do not.

people who have "nicer" cars are the worst drivers

american culture is taking over and ruining the UK's

Christ.... are you my Brother? 

Edited by filthyfox

2 hours ago, Captain... said:

In my less sane moments I've been tempted to create a thread on this topic as an acquaintance (annoyingly I don't  know them well enough to actually talk openly about it) is currently transitioning and I just don't get it. I'm pretty open minded, but the whole process is completely changing their personality to be someone virtually unrecognisable, which is not surprising as she is taking a fvck ton of hormones to transition. She's gone from acting like a normal 30 year old to acting like a teenage girl and is getting all pissy that her 30 year old male friends don't really want to hang out with her accusing people of having a problem with her being trans, and not realising that she hasn't just changed gender, she has completely changed who she is.

lol

Pretty much exactly the same thing happened with Rowan at my workplace a few years, became Rowena and went totally insane, within six months had gone from often joining us for a pint to watch football to demanding to join hen do's around the office. Trust me it will only get worse.

Our delivery drivers couldn't believe it, one even made an excuse to visit head office and drove all the way from Newport to catch a glimpse.

Ended up with him coming into work in miniskirts and calling all the blokes homophobes for not paying any attention to him, we still laugh about it today when we meet up at Christmas. 

41 minutes ago, MattP said:

lol

Pretty much exactly the same thing happened with Rowan at my workplace a few years, became Rowena and went totally insane, within six months had gone from often joining us for a pint to watch football to demanding to join hen do's around the office. Trust me it will only get worse.

Our delivery drivers couldn't believe it, one even made an excuse to visit head office and drove all the way from Newport to catch a glimpse.

Ended up with him coming into work in miniskirts and calling all the blokes homophobes for not paying any attention to him, we still laugh about it today when we meet up at Christmas. 

I find your remarks offensive Matt ....     Very offensive .....        And if we ever meet up I'm going to bash you over the head with my handbag ! ...

• Haha 1

On 9/13/2017 at 14:46, Finnegan said:

There aren't two genders or three or five or twelve or "as many as you want."

There are none. Gender is a lie.

You're free to self identify however you want but it's still just a label, a social construct with no actual necessary function. If you identify as gender fluid, gender queer, transgender or anything else then you're lying to yourself and limiting yourself  just as much as someone limiting themselves to the gender they believe they were born to. 

There are two biological sexes and the occasional mutation in-between. 

The amount of people that can't grasp this is astonishing.