Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

2 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Confession: I can't help but like Harry Kane.

IMHO, he is a brilliant footballer, and he strikes me as a really decent bloke, too. I think it would be a travesty if he never won a major trophy in his career. I really hope he does, preferably with England.

I get that others think his lack of success is hilarious, but I just don't. It's not like he's a massive knobhead like Barton, O'Hara or Deeney etc. He's just a guy who gets on with it, which I respect.

The fact he didn't set the world alight at LCFC when he was a young lad is neither here, nor there for me.

I find it difficult to dislike him too and I’ve really tried. Him coming on in the 2nd leg in the Watford play off is all I’ve really got and even then I know it wasn’t his fault; although he is shite on loan 

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I think it's funny that he remains potless in his career, but I don't know how you can claim he's selfish and not a team player. He gets plenty of assists and even led the PL in assists in 2020/21.

Agreed it's something like 40 odd assists in 300 games. Not too bad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bovril said:

I think some on here don't like him because his spell at LCFC reflects badly on Pearson

Agree. Pearson in retrospect embarrassed himself managing Kane. 

Firstly, we didn't need him at that time. We had Wood, Nugent and Vards.ffs,.more than enough at that level 

Second, he didn't know how to use what was clearly a talented footballer..(tho I'd have never have guessed he was THAT talented tbf) 

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Agree. Pearson in retrospect embarrassed himself managing Kane. 

Firstly, we didn't need him at that time. We had Wood, Nugent and Vards.ffs,.more than enough at that level 

Second, he didn't know how to use what was clearly a talented footballer..(tho I'd have never have guessed he was THAT talented tbf) 

And Waghorn and Schlupp, who played up front with Wood from time to time. We had a rotating sexvirate of forwards who, apart for Waggers, all went on to play and score in the Premier League.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I think it's funny that he remains potless in his career, but I don't know how you can claim he's selfish and not a team player. He gets plenty of assists and even led the PL in assists in 2020/21.

I didn't say he never passed, but when it comes to the really important moments he chooses to go alone, going for personal glory over team success. 

'Can't do it in the big game' feels like a recent American import, where they put so much emphasis on the star player in the key position. It's a team sport and Kane had very little to do with them getting knocked out yesterday. He scored one in the first leg, made one in the second, and they lost after he came off. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Most strikers do. Especially the good ones. He's not unique in that regard.

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Or maybe he's taking responsibility....

Well actually most good players and strikers are able to weigh up the percentages and chose the right option in the crunch moments. Taking responsibility would be choosing the best option for the team, not what's going add another goal to your tally. There's plenty of players who've scored lots of goals, even more than Kane in some cases who would pass when he shoots.

56 minutes ago, Corky said:

We played some scintillating and also hideous football in the same season.

I remember us tearing Derby apart as always with Vardy and Waghorn looking the business together. Then the run in with the constantly rotating forward line was shambolic.

10 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I want Forest to stay up.

I kinda do TBF.

Last round of games next season and it's between us and them who goes down. 

...maybe I don't, actually.

21 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I want Forest to stay up.

This shouldn't really be unpopular because it's logical IMO - they would be a weaker prospect than Luton next season, therefore boosting our own chances of staying up, and the idea that we might supply the coup de grace in that regard is the cherry on top.