Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Match Ratings : Leicester City 2-0 Liverpool - Vote Now

Hamer - 7 - Did what he needed to and kept a clean sheet; perhaps fortunate they weren't clinical enough to bag in the first half.

Amartey - 7 - Had a rough first half but did far more in the second. 

Dragovic - 9 - Brilliant debut. Calm on the ball, aggressive and seemed to read the game well.

Morgan - 9 - Excellent and controlled their forwards for most of the game.

Chilwell - 8.5 - Brilliant to see him drive forward; starting to look far more aware too. 

Gray - 8 - Dangerous in the second half and unlucky not to score.

Iborra - 9 - While a few of his passes flew into the stands, his presence was so important today. His retention of the ball in the second half was outstanding Henderson had an absolutely nothing game because of him. Very impressed.

Ndidi - 9.5 - Machine.

Albrighton - 7.5 - Typical display from Mr. Consistent. 

Slimani - 8.5 - Screamer after a quiet half. Really pleased for him though he ran his socks off chasing in the first half. 

Ulloa - 3 - Only negative about today. Ball bounced off him, won very few headers and didn't link up anything. Time's looking up. 

Shinji - 14 - Love him. 

Hamer - 5 - called into one reasonable save, mostly protected by Morgan and Dragovic. Poor kicking

Amartey - 4 - CB or RB? Didn't have a clue where he was playing, and neither did he. Robertson had a field day with the space out there

Morgan - 8 - One of the few who came out of the first half with credit, defended brilliantly

Dragovic - 7 - See Morgan

Chilwell - 6 - Dodgy at times first half, as with all of them better second.

Albrighton - 5 - Not great, that right hand side was a massive weakness for us.

Iborra - 5 - Hilarious, but I don't know how he finished that match with all those lunges. Would like to see him in a three

Ndidi - 6 - Passing still questionable, between him and Iborra they got the run around first half but formed a reasonably tidy midfield once shinji was on

Grey - 6 - Our only (very sporadic) spark first half, and pretty tidy second. Decision making is so frustrating though

Ulloa - 1 - What was the point? Don't think he won a header, trapped the ball further than he could pass it. Him getting injured was the turning point

Slimani - 6 - Great finish, better with Shinji but abysmal first half, pulled out off too much and got bullied by their CBs.

Shinji - 8 - turned the match, everything looked so much better with him

Atwell - 6 - Meh, nothing much to complain about or give praise for. Think we benefited off him with Iborra 

Shakespeare - 5 - got it all wrong to start with. Sub changed the match, but I'm not convinced he'd have done it before it was too late if it hadn't have been forced

Liverpool - 7 - Scintillating first half, should have been out of sight but for Morgan and Dragovic. Wrecked themselves taking coutinho off.

7 minutes ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

Hamer - 7 - Did what he needed to and kept a clean sheet; perhaps fortunate they weren't clinical enough to bag in the first half.

Dragovic - 9 - Brilliant debut. Calm on the ball, aggressive and seemed to read the game well.

Chilwell - 8.5 - Brilliant to see him drive forward; starting to look far more aware too. 

Iborra - 9 - While a few of his passes flew into the stands, his presence was so important today. His retention of the ball in the second half was outstanding Henderson had an absolutely nothing game because of him. Very impressed.

Ndidi - 9.5 - Machine.

Slimani - 8.5 - Screamer after a quiet half. Really pleased for him though he ran his socks off chasing in the first half. 

Ulloa - 3 - Only negative about today. Ball bounced off him, won very few headers and didn't link up anything. Time's looking up. 

Shinji - 14 - Love him. 

Generous, very generous. I guess you didn't watch the first half....

9 minutes ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

Come on mate I know we won but that rating is wayyyyyy off the mark. He couldn't pass the ball two yards let alone have outstanding retention!

Hamer 6 Did the job. 

Amartey 5.5  Yeah, no. RB isn't his forte and his positioning in the first half could have cost us dearly.

Wes 7 Solid performance and great shot blocker. Exemplary.

Drago 7 Got the job done. Didn't crack under pressure. Promising.

Chilly 5.5 I like him a lot, but god he was a designed target, especially at the first half. Would be a good WB. Defensively still very frail.

Albrighton 5 I sincerely don't understand what's happening to him. He seems to have regressed to his Ranieri (2017) level.

Iborra 5.5 He seems to have a few screws lose. Some good passes, some memorable actions like the bicycle tackle or the shirt pull at the end of the game. Love him and want to see more of him.

Ndidi 5.5 Dunno. Worked hard and made some good interceptions, but he really gave the ball away a lot in the first half. Had less to do when Coutinho was subbed.

Gray 7 Barely got the ball in the first half. Lively and dangerous in the second as soon as he got space.

Ulloa 1.5 Thank god, the ball got rid of him.

Slim 6.5 Ran a lot and truthfully delighted for his screamer. Not the best first touch, but he's a box striker and no 10. Still having the best ratio goals/appearances. Puke on it, doubters.

Subs:

Shinji 8.5 MOTM  Game changer. X-Files-ish goal, can't stay on his feet to save his life but only he can do this kind of stuff. Contributed to the second goal either. Great game.

Bob Marley N/A

Shakey Truly awful. Line-up and tactics. This game was won despite of and not because of him. Why on earth Ulloa did start alongside Slim is beyond me. The first half was one of the worst I've seen since the end of Claudio's era. We sat deep with basically no FB and a two men midfield, inviting pressure and it's truly a miracle that we didn't concede in the first half. If Ulloa didn't get auto-injured I firmly believe that he'd have subbed him way later potentially ruining any chance of winning this game. 

Liverpool 5.5 Basically gave up on the game as soon as Coutinho was subbed. They should rightfully have won the game, if they were a bit more clinical in the first half. I'm dreading the saturday encounter.

Ref 6 Whoever it was, I found him okay.

Hamer - 6  - nothing much to do. Had one save which could have crept past from a cross where Ings ran across and didn't connect. Couple of other straightforward saves.

Amartey - 5 - seemed to lose the ball too much and positionally, especially in the 1st half, was terrible. Gave Robertson far too much space to pick a pass out too many times. Slightly improved in the 2nd half but still looked a bit shaky. 

Morgan & Dragovic - 8 - very good all game. For all the pressure we had on us in the first half, they handled it as required and got better as the game went on. Good debut for the latter.

Chilwell - 6 - made a few mistakes in the first half but with so much pressure on us and him individually, it was somewhat expected. Good cross in to lead to the first goal though.

Albrighton - 5 - Kept drifting in to give help to the midfield to combat Coutinho in the first half and left our right side totally exposed. Whether that was an instruction or not I don't know but it didn't help our cause. 

Iborra - 7 - got better as the game went on as well. Not sure a 2-man midfield suits him but suffered with the rest of the team in the first half. For a debut in this kind of game it wasn't too bad. Enjoyed the shit-housery in the 2nd half and the 'passionate' tackles!

Ndidi - 6 - similar to Iborra but less effective. He's young and learning though and he's started every game so far. Lot to be demanded from him but I think he's coping well..

Gray - 7 - much improved from him and more effective in this game. Seemed to float towards the centre of the pitch and got more space there to be more creative and start attacks or open up their defence. Wouldn't be surprised or begrudge him a start on Saturday. 

Ulloa - 3 - useless. avoids a rating of 1 because he used his head, literally, to get injured and come off.

Slimani - 9 - ran hard all game and did work which Ulloa didn't. The goal was just something else. Not the kind of belting finish you expect from a more physical, bulky character like him. Nevertheless, it was superb to see him unleash a shot like that and be rewarded with a goal.

Okazaki - 9 - proper game-changer and deservedly a man of the match despite only being on for less than 45 minutes. The link between the midfield and attack in a supportive role should never be underestimated and he plays the role exquisitely. Fortunate with the goal but was in the right time and the right place. 

Just got back from the ground. Dragovic was absolutely flawless.. Seems to have a good relationship with Slimani judging by his reaction to his goal. I was watching Iborra closely and whilst his passing was way off I think he will come good with us in time. Especially with Vardy to aim for up top. Okazaki coming on was like a switch being turned on for the team and the crowd-completely changed the game.

Leo - We were fortunate he had to go off - don' t recall seeing him control or collect the ball at first touch and not sure if he passed to a blue shirt all match. Will be disappointed if we see him play again.

Shinji was a real Gem when he came on with that first run with the ball and later the goal.

Iborra- made numerous mistakes and very disappointing but hopefully with game time he can get his eye in

Slim- great goal and made sure the Kop end acknowledged it but in general play he was often unable to move the ball on successfully.

Saturday will be a different game completely

hard to rate the performaces in this game. but mostly 5s and 6s

Slimani was decent throughout. in the first half he gave good endevour. shows a lot of character and I like him.  7

Albrighton poor first half. Looked like he was being sucked into the middle to help out stpping Cortiniho. It made his performance look poorer than it probably was. 5 overall

Gray really showed up in the second half 7

Ulloa oh my he either really doesn't suit that position. When you look at his goals and when he has played at his best he has been the out and out striker. he's just not a number 10. I've given him 4 but I do think he's better than that

Ndidi and Iborra were ok and really improved in the 2nd half I've given them 6

Sinji came on and changed the game for everyone 8 and MOTM 

Chilwell. Sometimes excellent but looked to me to be caught out of position a few times and that header under no pressure stood out. 6

Amarty. Grew into the game but it did look to me like he was being pulled in and didn't know how to work with Albrighton in the first one. TV showed hime have a real discussion with Shakey in the first half. I think there was instructions either not being understood or not able to carry out. 5 

Morgan and Drag. Decent game throughout I didn't see much wrong but put their bodies in the line Drag looks decent and fits in. 6

1 hour ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Just got back from the ground. Dragovic was absolutely flawless.. Seems to have a good relationship with Slimani judging by his reaction to his goal. I was watching Iborra closely and whilst his passing was way off I think he will come good with us in time. Especially with Vardy to aim for up top. Okazaki coming on was like a switch being turned on for the team and the crowd-completely changed the game.

In his pre match interview Drago said Slimani was the funniest player in the team. He comes across as a mardy git on the pitch but Slim must be a character behind closed doors.

People said slimani had a great game and ran his socks off must be watching it on tv or a different game to me, he didnt do anything apart from the great goal he scored and one of the laziest player i ever seen, this is not just from me but everyone sitting around me, dont get me wrong i hope he do well and has a great strike rate, but he is sooo lazy

23 minutes ago, Topman said:

People said slimani had a great game and ran his socks off must be watching it on tv or a different game to me, he didnt do anything apart from the great goal he scored and one of the laziest player i ever seen, this is not just from me but everyone sitting around me, dont get me wrong i hope he do well and has a great strike rate, but he is sooo lazy

I think you are the one that watched in a different channel. He indeed did work hard and ran all game, had a bad first half, but since Okazaki came on he was way better.

7 hours ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

Ndidi - 9.5 - Machine.

Shinji - 14 - Love him. 

If you were my boss, I'd be looking for a generous pay rise. 

8 hours ago, DB11 said:

Come on mate I know we won but that rating is wayyyyyy off the mark. He couldn't pass the ball two yards let alone have outstanding retention!

I'd have given him 9 for this challenge alone.

In all seriousnous other than the assist he was poor tonight - just didn't look up to speed.

Ben 7 clean sheet and surprisingly little to do. Poor kicking.

Amartey 5 what is his best position?

Morgan 8 back to his best

Dragovic 7 good intro, not good with the ball at his feet.

Chilwell 7 getting better am the time

Albrighton 5 poor first half, better second, ran himself ragged

Iborra 5 Played possession football with short passes like still in Spain, lost possession. Not bad debut overall.

Ndidi 6 Overrun first half, better second

Gray 6 good at times, particularly second half

Slimani 6 pedestrian and isolated first half. Cracking goal.

Ulloa 3 terrible at everything apart from defending corners. Should be his last game.

Shinnji 9 changed the game, great goal and put Slim through for second.

Choudhury 6 an extra point for the hair!

Shakespeare 4 No way was Ulloa and Slim going to work, and setup too narrow exposing our wings. Game changing sub with Okazaki may not have been his choice.

Liverpool 5 rampant first half, but did they have a shot on goal second half? Will be a different team on Saturday, but so will we. We can beat them.

Hamer 7 did ok

Dragovic 8 really good debut in view of chaos around him first half

Morgan 8 fine run of form

Chilwell 5 sloppy defending spoilt his creativity and speed

Amartey 4 still think he has talent but roasted first half

Ibora 5 a bit lost at times but obvious talent

Albrighton 5 seemed to have no idea as to his role first half

Ndidi 6 won many tackles then gave the ball straight back

Gray 7 thought he worked hard defending and in second half real threat

Leo 3 oh dear

Sliming 8 2 extra for a cracking goal, Still think he has much to offer

Shinji 8 made the difference

Chowdry 10 for the hair alone

Shakey  4 quite worried about his decision making Thought he was the right choice but beginning to look negative and no effective plan b

Archived