Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
Mr Weller

Reasons to keep Shakespeare

Recommended Posts

Posted

There are no longer any good reasons. The fact the players like him and the relationship he has with them is now determental because they need someone they are scared of and not a best mate that lets them get away with everything.

Posted

It's rare to have such complete consensus but perhaps it's all a bit raw for people at the moment. Maybe he doesn't inspire like Ranieri or attract loyalty like Pearson but he worked under both so I doubt that tactically he's hopeless.

 

It's tough for anyone to follow that season however, and I'm not sure any of us have a clear vision for the future. We spent well, according to most people, but the atmosphere at the ground has been strangely flat recently and I just wonder whether the whole club is suffering from a malaise in which case a simple change of manager may not be enough, except maybe in the short run.

 

This is my concern, and I think we need to be careful not to jump to simplistic conclusions. I wasn't convinced about Shakespeare's appointment but would probably have done the same at the time and wonder now whether we're just tinkering with a much deeper problem.

 

Posted
46 minutes ago, Dames said:

There are no longer any good reasons. The fact the players like him and the relationship he has with them is now determental because they need someone they are scared of and not a best mate that lets them get away with everything.

Spot on!! The manger has to be aloof and be respected by the whole squad. One bad apple can ruin the lot as Claudio found out.

Posted

If we leave the 442 now we'll be bleeding goals like a league one team playing champions league.  Unless we improve the defense I cannot see the possibility of not having anything but this formation.  Time to improve the midfield and defense.

Posted

I think Shakey should get till Xmas.

Our defence and attack are decent it's the midfield ( lacking in numbers and quality ) that's the problem.

Let's face it we will have to stick with our diabolical midfield options until January whether we get a new manager or not.

ON TALKCRAP PHONE IN NOW ONE OF THE HEADLINE TOPICS .... WILL LEICESTER BE RELEGATED ?

Posted
2 minutes ago, Sionnach gorm said:

If we leave the 442 now we'll be bleeding goals like a league one team playing champions league.  Unless we improve the defense I cannot see the possibility of not having anything but this formation.  Time to improve the midfield and defense.

That is mine feeling. with the current personal, forget Silva. I'm assuming those advocating a change of setup are going 4 3 3? Who would you put Where?

Posted

The only reasons to keep him as manager (right now) are:

1) It's only fair that he gets at least a few games against some of the sides we ought to be getting positive results against.

2) Who are we realistically going to get who would be better? (Although I actually think if we could tempt Allardyce out of retirement the football would be better than this).

Guest Sharpe's Fox
Posted

He's the closest thing to Nige without being Nige so until we get Nige he stays.

Posted
7 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

I think Shakey should get till Xmas.

Our defence and attack are decent it's the midfield ( lacking in numbers and quality ) that's the problem.

Let's face it we will have to stick with our diabolical midfield options until January whether we get a new manager or not.

ON TALKCRAP PHONE IN NOW ONE OF THE HEADLINE TOPICS .... WILL LEICESTER BE RELEGATED ?

With performances like today he's gone in four weeks. And that's being generous.

Posted
1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

He's the closest thing to Nige without being Nige so until we get Nige he stays.

And look just where we are!! He's had his chance, better managers haven't had so long.

Posted

Not sure what a new manager would do to be honest. The midfield is an obvious issue, yet the signing of Iborra (Another Gokun) and the shambles with Silva leaves us with a midfield that might just cut it in the championship

Posted

Doesnt look like he has any vision to steer the players, reminds me of the Peter Taylor era where he rode the crest of the wave for a bit after O'Neill left and then got found out.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

That is mine feeling. with the current personal, forget Silva. I'm assuming those advocating a change of setup are going 4 3 3? Who would you put Where?

Wouldn't object too much to a 433...unfortunately I wouldn't have a clue who to put there.  The players are so hot and cold at the moment.  I'm starting to believe they lack confidence.

Posted

He's got a lot of experience, knows our squad better than anyone else and is (or should be) learning a lot at this stage in his management career. 

 

Im not optimistic, but I still think if Silva joins, or if he accepts a change of system might help, or he chains Andy King in a basement somewhere, then there's hope. 

Posted

His supporters are delusional- there are no good reasons

The owners just need a bit more time to find a replacement.... hope they don't take too long 

Posted

We've had a tough start, not helped by the fixture list.

Shakespeare turned it around last February and, for me, that alone is enough to give him a proper opportunity to build a team that is "his". 

Also, don't forget that Shakey probably only allowed Drinkwater to go if we got Silva in. For me, we clearly miss Danny and it's a ridiculous situation we've got ourselves with Silva. King is a club legend and I won't have a bad word said against him, but he is no DD. King hasn't lost us any points this season, but he hasn't won us any either – something DD did on a regular basis. 

So let Shakey try and sort this out. We are, as it stands, in a relegation battle, but have more than enough to stay up.

I keep saying this – there are plenty of teams worse than us, so we will be ok. Whether that's good enough for the owners is another matter. But with the likes of Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Brighton and Palace around, we'll be ok. 

 

Guest Col city fan
Posted
1 minute ago, HitchinFox said:

We've had a tough start, not helped by the fixture list.

Shakespeare turned it around last February and, for me, that alone is enough to give him a proper opportunity to build a team that is "his". 

Also, don't forget that Shakey probably only allowed Drinkwater to go if we got Silva in. For me, we clearly miss Danny and it's a ridiculous situation we've got ourselves with Silva. King is a club legend and I won't have a bad word said against him, but he is no DD. King hasn't lost us any points this season, but he hasn't won us any either – something DD did on a regular basis. 

So let Shakey try and sort this out. We are, as it stands, in a relegation battle, but have more than enough to stay up.

I keep saying this – there are plenty of teams worse than us, so we will be ok. Whether that's good enough for the owners is another matter. But with the likes of Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Brighton and Palace around, we'll be ok. 

 

I remember this sort of talk the year Horrible Olly took us down to League 1. All this talk of 'were too good to go down', whilst the opposition are 'worse than us'.

Bull shite. 

Bournemouth should have walloped us today. Huddersfield looked better than us.

We are in a struggle I think.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I remember this sort of talk the year Horrible Olly took us down to League 1. All this talk of 'were too good to go down', whilst the opposition are 'worse than us'.

Bull shite. 

Bournemouth should have walloped us today. Huddersfield looked better than us.

We are in a struggle I think.


I take your point about the comments made during Golum's reign (we can't go down to third tier etc.) – but I really don't think we are remotely as bad now as we were then. Let's hope that doesn't come back to haunt me.

All I'm saying is that Shakey deserves a chance. We haven't lost any games this season that we were expecting to win – I think you'd agree with that? We aren't playing well, that's clear, but the encouraging sign is that even though we've been dire, we've picked up points. Which should, in theory, mean that as long as we play to our ability, we'll be ok. 



 

 

Posted
1 minute ago, HitchinFox said:


I take your point about the comments made during Golum's reign (we can't go down to third tier etc.) – but I really don't think we are remotely as bad now as we were then. Let's hope that doesn't come back to haunt me.

All I'm saying is that Shakey deserves a chance. We haven't lost any games this season that we were expecting to win – I think you'd agree with that? We aren't playing well, that's clear, but the encouraging sign is that even though we've been dire, we've picked up points. Which should, in theory, mean that as long as we play to our ability, we'll be ok. 

Maybe not, but have we seen anything to suggest good results will come as the easier opposition do? Not really - we got away with it at Huddersfield where we should have lost, we did it again today. The problems that were there vs Liverpool and Chelsea (not even making an effort to start the match until a goal or two down) were equally visible today and vs Huddersfield. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...