Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
Mr Weller

Reasons to keep Shakespeare

Recommended Posts

Posted
Just now, The Doctor said:

Maybe not, but have we seen anything to suggest good results will come as the easier opposition do? Not really - we got away with it at Huddersfield where we should have lost, we did it again today. The problems that were there vs Liverpool and Chelsea (not even making an effort to start the match until a goal or two down) were equally visible today and vs Huddersfield. 

I agree totally that if we don't improve, we're fecked. 

My point is that we've been bad – but still managed to stay on par with Huddersfield and Bournemouth. So at least the teams we might be fighting against the drop with, haven't been able to exploit our bad form. 

I just think that we are yet to click. And if and when we do, we'll be ok. 

Posted

I hate this excuse “not expected to win” it’s a horrifying statement for former champions, and all it does is further highlight our embarrassing fall from grace.... 

Posted
1 hour ago, mod hero said:

I love it when he says "in terms of" in every interview. If you haven't noticed you will now. 

 

my favourite

 

When he was first appointed he kept saying "again" to start every sentence. He's cut that out lately thoigh for some reason.

Posted

on recent performances, it's hard to see any reason to keep him. We've gone backwards as a team and the recent performances have been reactionary instead of trying to set the agenda.

There's too many gaps all over the pitch and we're doing nothing to fix them. We're looking slow, with some players even looking tired after 6 games. ridiculous.

Posted

Give it next 3 games....WBA, Swansea, Everton where we need to prove ourselves and take some points. Has to be 7 from 9 for me. Otherwise anything less then confidence will plummet. Then Shakey is on thin ice.

Posted

We are playing rubbish, uninspiring football.I expected more, more better performances and at least 2 pts more.

If Shakey had the team showing attitude, progress snd PL football quality, our position c would not be a deciding factor.

We play crap football 2 out of 3 games.It isnt good enough. Cs has to change tactics, or hes gone without showing any

potential.At present he cant be put forward as a bad luck story....At least Taylor, Holloway, Ranieri, tried changes, but failed to hold on to the positive sides.This 7 games we have no positives, and for the 1st time, I cant blame any of the players, they are  being asked questions  they cant answer.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Koke said:

 

When he was first appointed he kept saying "again" to start every sentence. He's cut that out lately thoigh for some reason.

Haha I remember yeah.

 

you know what, I don't want to slate him after all his work here honestly, but the guy is no better than Rob Kelly on current viewing it really is that bad. We can all see it and the forum is quite unanimous which tells a lot.

 

Seeing Appleton and Shakey on the sidelines discussing tactics made me piss earlier. Look like 2 blokes from my local. One is bang on the sniff and the other one eats too much.

 

They look like they won a competition.

 

The unity and togetherness of this club has gone. It's a shambles from top to bottom and there is no point waiting till xmas before we replace him. I've seen enough.

Posted
2 hours ago, mod hero said:

I love it when he says "in terms of" in every interview. If you haven't noticed you will now. 

 

my favourite

Guess who else used to say that....

Posted

He's managed 11 premier league games against teams outside of last season's top 7 and hasn't lost a single one.

 

Before anyone gives me stick for giving a counter point to the general consensus, I am just responding to the original question.

 

I was at the game today and, yes, it was woeful.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Chown said:

He's managed 11 premier league games against teams outside of last season's top 7 and hasn't lost a single one.

 

Before anyone gives me stick for giving a counter point to the general consensus, I am just responding to the original question.

 

I was at the game today and, yes, it was woeful.


What? A voice of reason – and a statto to boost? Get out, you sensible man, you.

 

Posted

I cannot envisage a universe in which Shakey is still the manager of our club come May.  I feel terrible saying it, but fresh blood is needed.  Might as well do it now, rather than extend the agony for a few more weeks.

 

We need to be able to shake up our tactics and that means dropping certain players, not necessarily because they are playing badly, but because they don't fit the system.

 

There is no room for sentiment.  An radical overhaul of the squad is required (mainly outgoings) and Shakespeare is too close to the players to see it through.

Posted
22 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:


What? A voice of reason – and a statto to boost? Get out, you sensible man, you.

 

Hardly sensible to blindly use basic facts instead of being thorough with the analysis.

 

That's dangerous.

Posted

Problem is, when we were shit , did he change the system to try and improve us.No he didn't, he just made changes like for like and hoped for the best. 

Tactically inept. 

Needs to go .

Posted

Here's a reason to keep Shakespeare: Winning requires a well-drilled strategy, and a team that changes managers every 20 games cannot implement a strategy. As soon as the next manager loses a few games everyone will scream to axe him too, then the next and the next. Shakespeare hasn't even had a chance to work in his summer recruits. It is too early for anyone to know if he will be successful or not.

Posted
9 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Hardly sensible to blindly use basic facts instead of being thorough with the analysis.

 

That's dangerous.

 

Dangerous or not, the point being that Shakey hasn't lost to a "lesser team" yet. That alone, if continued, should keep us up. 
 

 

Posted

Having tough opening fixtures fair enough  (I wouldn't call Huddersfield or b'mouth tough ) but there is no excuse for playing like complete strangers...we struggle to string a pass together..the football is shocking

Posted

We are becoming like that band who made an incredible first album but are now on their third and their sound has gone stale.

 

We are a great counter attacking team when we are allowed to be. Unfortunately we are very rarely allowed to be and when you have no alternative style of play and struggle to keep basic possession, you are going to struggle.

 

I don’t think I’ll ever forgive the club for spending £100m+ since winning the league and still being restricted to the same system that, on the whole, still isn’t working.

 

Adapt or die.

Posted
27 minutes ago, Ricey said:

We are becoming like that band who made an incredible first album but are now on their third and their sound has gone stale.

 

We are a great counter attacking team when we are allowed to be. Unfortunately we are very rarely allowed to be and when you have no alternative style of play and struggle to keep basic possession, you are going to struggle.

 

I don’t think I’ll ever forgive the club for spending £100m+ since winning the league and still being restricted to the same system that, on the whole, still isn’t working.

 

Adapt or die.

2


I hear what you're saying, but as far as spending goes, let's not forget that we received £67m from Chelsea alone for Kanté and DD. Personally, I think it's great that the owners aren't just pocketing the incoming money and at least are making it available for transfers. Whether the money has been wisely spent is another matter...

 

Posted
31 minutes ago, Collibosher70 said:

Having tough opening fixtures fair enough  (I wouldn't call Huddersfield or b'mouth tough ) but there is no excuse for playing like complete strangers...we struggle to string a pass together..the football is shocking

Its not the results that are the worrying sign although we should have won one out of Bournemouth or Huddersfield at least.

 

Its the way the team are playing and the general lethargy and apathy they appear to have. Couple this with the fact they appear to be unable to play basic football as a unit which is worrying because individually we have some very good players but put them together and it doesnt work which is the complete opposite of our title winning season.

 

There seems to be a bad mood around the club - players are openly saying they want to leave. Something needs to change and the owners won't bin off anyone behind the scenes so its going to have to be the manager.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...