Mr Weller Posted 30 September 2017 Posted 30 September 2017 So after a dire performance about 80% of you want to see Shakespeare sacked but are there arguments to keep him? One is that we've been unlucky with fixtures and injuries which has on turn sapped confidence and meant we're going into games fearful. In this interpretation we just need a few decent results at home and the confidence will return.
chicagofox Posted 30 September 2017 Posted 30 September 2017 On the basis that a team just need a few decent results no manager would ever be sacked. We're not getting decent results under Shakespeare and that is the point. And I don't agree that we've been particularly unlucky with fixtures.
daddylonglegs Posted 30 September 2017 Posted 30 September 2017 I can't think of any. Other than the fact that our main players obviously like him. Imagine upsetting KS, Morgan and King... can't even begin to imagine the unrest that would bring...
joachim1965 Posted 30 September 2017 Posted 30 September 2017 3 hours ago, Mr Weller said: So after a dire performance about 80% of you want to see Shakespeare sacked but are there arguments to keep him? One is that we've been unlucky with fixtures and injuries which has on turn sapped confidence and meant we're going into games fearful. In this interpretation we just need a few decent results at home and the confidence will return. That's some good shit you're smoking there bud.
TheUltimateWinner Posted 30 September 2017 Posted 30 September 2017 I don't doubt that he's a good coach and assistant manager But he isn't adaptable enough or tactically aware to be a premier league manager
ZeGuy Posted 30 September 2017 Posted 30 September 2017 I got the same feeling as Ranieri's last games. The team is slowly but surely collapsing. This game is going to let some marks despite of the daylight robbery. Shakey isn't showing any tactical cleverness. The PL might be one size too big for him.
Matt Posted 30 September 2017 Posted 30 September 2017 The only saving grace (aka excuses) for him are a tough start and his hands have been tied regards losing players/bringing players in thanks to a pisspoor transfer team. However some of the he decisions he is making are baffling. I said 3 games ago he needs to learn and learn fast, it’s not exactly a long time that I’ve given him but at the same times he’s shown no sign of learning whatsoever.
Blue Ed Posted 30 September 2017 Posted 30 September 2017 I've not been impressed so far. I would like him to explain better what is not working at the moment and show us some idea of the style of football he is working to achieve.
Charl91 Posted 30 September 2017 Posted 30 September 2017 He's not shown he can take us forward. He's not even shown anything that suggests he can stop us getting relegated.
Cadno'r Cymoedd Posted 30 September 2017 Posted 30 September 2017 FFS it was Bournemouth. Wait until we play our real rivals.
Sir Shep Posted 30 September 2017 Posted 30 September 2017 Where do I start, there are none. We had a poor pre season but people said this means nothing and we will be fine. Then we played the "big teams" and didn't get any points but don't worry we shouldn't expect any points from those fixtures. Well that's fine but the performances were dire and we should have lost by more goals really. We won the "easy game" at home. Fair enough although we didn't play particularly well but I'll take a win. We have drawn away the other 2 games, again ordinarily I'd be happy with that, except our performances have been ?? I don't buy this unlucky with injuries as frankly the squad should cope. Most teams have a plan B, we have 442, and er 442, oh maybe 441-1. Lastly i I believe NASA are worried as the amount of hoofing we produce may start damaging their satallites. In short, taxi for Shakey. Cheers for the title triumph and the part you played but a manager you ain't, ta.
lgfualol Posted 30 September 2017 Posted 30 September 2017 Saves looking for a new Santa at the Christmas party
davieG Posted 30 September 2017 Posted 30 September 2017 5 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said: He's my lover You have so many I'm sure losing one won't affect you.
Tuna Posted 30 September 2017 Posted 30 September 2017 16 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said: He's my lover I never took you for a Chubby Chaser, Doctor.
Bob Weasel Fox Posted 30 September 2017 Posted 30 September 2017 Can’t thinkof any reason to keep Him at present boring boring footy
knitro Posted 30 September 2017 Posted 30 September 2017 That he lost Drinkwater and the replacement is not registered, so Andy King has featured. Iborra wasn't a worldbeater but much better, needs to start going forward til Silva is available.
Suzie the Fox Posted 30 September 2017 Posted 30 September 2017 Too emotional to comment on this thread right now! Maybe after a few glasses of red and steak for dinner, i will muster up something nice and positive.
Guest Col city fan Posted 30 September 2017 Posted 30 September 2017 A lot of people were well happy when we made him our permanent manager, myself included. So I ain't gonna be completely hypocritical now. I think it's looking like Shakespeare is just one of many who need to leave the football club in favour of some fresh ideas and probably, younger personnel. Rudkin, Shaky, Whelan (is she still there and what does she do) to name but three, have been at the club for many years and I suspect they have their cosy toes well under the table. So I'm now struggling to see why we should keep any of em to be honest. Trying to play 442 without Kante and Drinkwater is fookin ridiculous. It smacks of 'old hat'. The club needs some new wine.
shade Posted 30 September 2017 Posted 30 September 2017 1 minute ago, Col city fan said: A lot of people were well happy when we made him our permanent manager, myself included. So I ain't gonna be completely hypocritical now. I think it's looking like Shakespeare is just one of many who need to leave the football club in favour of some fresh ideas and probably, younger personnel. Rudkin, Shaky, Whelan (is she still there and what does she do) to name but three, have been at the club for many years and I suspect they have their cosy toes well under the table. So I'm now struggling to see why we should keep any of em to be honest. Trying to play 442 without Kante and Drinkwater is fookin ridiculous. It smacks of 'old hat'. The club needs some new wine. sadly, yes it does seem that way, if they can’t recreate the title winning system to even say 80% effectiveness then a complete clear out is needed.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.