Chico1958 Posted 1 October 2017 Posted 1 October 2017 Didn't want him in the first place and I don't want him at the club now. In fact the sooner he's gone with the rest of the backroom staff the better There were people on here taking the pee out of Newcastle, Huddersfield, Burnley, Brom, Stoke, etc before the season started Who;s laughing now, not us (me)
HitchinFox Posted 1 October 2017 Posted 1 October 2017 9 hours ago, chicagofox said: The first time was after a formation change (which Shakespeare has shown no evidence that is he is willing/able to do) and the second was after a managerial sacking. Neither just happened all of a sudden. Fair point. God, you lot make it really hard to be positive!
Sindidragon Posted 1 October 2017 Posted 1 October 2017 Yes has anyone noticed that since ,,Appleton arrived the first it has set in. Who knows maybe he's hacked off a few of the squad and they are reacting
Sindidragon Posted 1 October 2017 Posted 1 October 2017 Sorry the tot has set in since Appleton arrived
norwichfox Posted 1 October 2017 Posted 1 October 2017 1 minute ago, Sindidragon said: The rot has set in We knew you'd get it right eventually...predictive text?
Mr Weller Posted 1 October 2017 Author Posted 1 October 2017 But wait a moment. Just before we take the final step is Shakespeare really the problem? It's an easy answer and makes us feel better but what if the problem is deeper. What if the psychology of the squad is negative or even lost following the great title win. What if even we, the fans, are a bit lost, and don't really know how to react? It may be Shakespeare is not the answer and I'm not a huge fan but something tells me there's more to it than just him.
Vardinio'sCat Posted 1 October 2017 Posted 1 October 2017 9 hours ago, Jakemoore said: It's still early days? Give him ten games? I don't even think I believe in those statements myself to be honest. The most worrying thing for me isn't the points return from 7 games because 4 of them have been horrendous fixtures and we were in all of them. The worrying thing is the poor performances against Huddersfield and Bournemouth. We went to both games looking for a draw. We have been so boring to watch which is something I've rarely had to say about us in the past 5 years. Against Brighton we massively outclassed them and cruised to victory but we wasted so many chances and should have really been out of sight by half time. I worry that when we play the teams who want to stop us winning (I.E those who wouldn't necessarily consider themselves better than us) we just don't know how to put the ball in the net. We scored a penalty against Huddlesfield and Chelsea but other than that we didn't look like scoring. And yesterday we had one good chance - which Shinji should be scoring but one chance in 90 mins is unacceptable. The only games we have shown cutting edge in has been against Arsenal, Brighton & Liverpool all of which don't know how to defend. Maybe there are 3 worst teams than us. I pray to God there are. I suggested giving him til 10 games, so three more games, unless you were refering to another post. Maybe I didn't express myself clearly. Everyone can see we are in trouble.
trabuch Posted 1 October 2017 Posted 1 October 2017 1 hour ago, Sindidragon said: Yes has anyone noticed that since ,,Appleton arrived the roy has set in. Who knows maybe he's hacked off a few of the squad and they are reacting It seemed to me as though Shakey had brought him in to play bad cop bully. But I don't know the man - I am just judging him on the size of his arms and his tatts. I suspect we need more of a thinker.
Vestan Pance Posted 1 October 2017 Posted 1 October 2017 The only reasons I can think of are related to loyalty for what he has achieved with us in the past, but the past won't help us now. I've seen nothing on the pitch in the last 10 games to suggest he is going to get us playing anything near to decent football.
Dan Posted 2 October 2017 Posted 2 October 2017 I think the recruitment and management are out of sync with each other. I think we've bought good players, but not ones who actually fit how we play (although how do we play now?). I really do think it runs deeper than the manager.
EnglishOxide Posted 2 October 2017 Posted 2 October 2017 14 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said: I think the recruitment and management are out of sync with each other. I think we've bought good players, but not ones who actually fit how we play (although how do we play now?). I really do think it runs deeper than the manager. The manager is not getting the most out of our players like Slimani, Ndidi, Kelechi, Gray, Mahrez, Vardy and even Musa. We've spent alot of money and acquired alot of talent. I genuinely think Shakespeare should be getting more out of these guys and if that means changing formation temporarily (until he gets the players in to carry out his 442 philosophy) then so he it. Our talent will start looking elsewhere otherwise.
Jakemoore Posted 2 October 2017 Posted 2 October 2017 4 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said: I suggested giving him til 10 games, so three more games, unless you were refering to another post. Maybe I didn't express myself clearly. Everyone can see we are in trouble. No no, I was literally saying maybe we should give him 10 games so yeah 3 more. My comment wasn't in reference to anyone or anything that anyone has said. I'm just a frustrated fan like the rest!
Stadt Posted 2 October 2017 Posted 2 October 2017 I find it hard to be angry with him on a personal level (whereas I did with Ranieri last season) as the club are so dysfunctional now but he's clearly not getting the best out of a decent squad and we're regressing if anything
waylander Posted 2 October 2017 Posted 2 October 2017 7 hours ago, Mr Weller said: But wait a moment. Just before we take the final step is Shakespeare really the problem? It's an easy answer and makes us feel better but what if the problem is deeper. What if the psychology of the squad is negative or even lost following the great title win. What if even we, the fans, are a bit lost, and don't really know how to react? It may be Shakespeare is not the answer and I'm not a huge fan but something tells me there's more to it than just him. Great post think it Is psychological more than anything across the board. Fans staff players . All need to dig deep and push harder. We've relaxed the sphincter muscle and soiled ourselves . ?
Sly Posted 2 October 2017 Posted 2 October 2017 I’m bored of this, “we’ve had a tough start” stuff. It’s the Premier League, no game will be easy. What makes a good team great, tactics, something we clearly lack.
Blue ROI Posted 2 October 2017 Posted 2 October 2017 Can we expect the 'dreaded' vote of confidence this week?
Guest Bob Hazels shorts Posted 2 October 2017 Posted 2 October 2017 7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said: I think the recruitment and management are out of sync with each other. I think we've bought good players, but not ones who actually fit how we play (although how do we play now?). I really do think it runs deeper than the manager. The players are bought for Shakey, fair to say hes had few unwanted gifts. Quoted many times that Lborra plays in a three man midfield, so we buy him to fit in a two
Parafox Posted 2 October 2017 Posted 2 October 2017 23 hours ago, RODNEY FERNIO said: I think people are overreacting a bit. Shakey is on a learning curve as a manager and hopefully will recognise his mistakes and rectify them. In fact I thought towards the end of yesterday's match the front four of Vardy , Nacho, Mahrez and Gray looked promising. The midfield is obviously going to be a disaster area until this Silva thing is sorted out ... but the blame lies with those above him not Shakey. If he becomes more flexible with his tactics and recognizes some of the current squad are just not premier league level players he may have a future. If he continues to be stubborn and inflexible we will have to get rid. If he's on a "learning curve" WTF is he doing managing a PL team? Surely you start somewhere lower and move up as you become more experienced and more successful? At least, that's how it works on PES.
Koke Posted 2 October 2017 Posted 2 October 2017 On 30/09/2017 at 23:59, Ricey said: We are becoming like that band who made an incredible first album but are now on their third and their sound has gone stale. We are a great counter attacking team when we are allowed to be. Unfortunately we are very rarely allowed to be and when you have no alternative style of play and struggle to keep basic possession, you are going to struggle. I don’t think I’ll ever forgive the club for spending £100m+ since winning the league and still being restricted to the same system that, on the whole, still isn’t working. Adapt or die. Perfect analogy of Leicester City at the moment.
Babylon Posted 2 October 2017 Posted 2 October 2017 8 hours ago, EnglishOxide said: The manager is not getting the most out of our players like Slimani, Ndidi, Kelechi, Gray, Mahrez, Vardy and even Musa. We've spent alot of money and acquired alot of talent. I genuinely think Shakespeare should be getting more out of these guys and if that means changing formation temporarily (until he gets the players in to carry out his 442 philosophy) then so he it. Our talent will start looking elsewhere otherwise. What formation do you suggest we play to get the best out of Slimani, Nacho, Gray, Mahrez, Vardy and Musa... the lesser known 3-1-6
Guest Papasmurf Posted 2 October 2017 Posted 2 October 2017 4 minutes ago, Babylon said: What formation do you suggest we play to get the best out of Slimani, Nacho, Gray, Mahrez, Vardy and Musa... the lesser known 3-1-6 Andy King on his own in midfield.
Babylon Posted 2 October 2017 Posted 2 October 2017 Just now, Papasmurf said: Andy King on his own in midfield. What could go wrong!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.