Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Thoughts on Dyche?

Thoughts on dyche?  

434 members have voted

1. 1. What is your general thought on Dyche as an all round manager?

• Generally Positive (would welcome here)
    • Generally Negative (pick someone else)

Looking at the potential successors to Shakey, and we have names being thrown around Left, Right and Centre as expected. 

The likes of Rafa, Tuchel and Mancini are obviously going to excite the majority, but what about Dyche?

Have to admit, a few seasons ago I hated the guy based on the general perception I had of him through watching short post match interviews, seeing him always mentioning his budget compared to others when he loses etc really put me off him. 

However now it seems like a genuine option for the club (according to the media) so i've spent a fair bit today watching his pre/post press conferences to pass the day, and I have to admit my perception of him has changed a fair bit. 

He comes across to me as a full manager, rather than just a first team coach, he, like pearson instills a mentality in the club from the tea room to the dressing room, which I think is what we need, someone who is going to be involved at every step of the way, someone who will push back at certain individuals who get an easy ride regardless of how bad they mess up (rudkin i'm looking at you)

His style of play is typically similar to our in the sense of counter attacking, but Dyche does have the ability to mix it up with different formations, let's be honest though, his players have limited him somewhat though (Michael Kightly in the prem? seriously?)

I feel like he's the sort of manager that will get in hard working players and boot out the ones who do not work for him, the sort of authority we need. 

This is not me calling for him to be made manager, my first choice would be Rafa, but my perception on SD has changed, and would be interesting to see the general thoughts of the group. 

Are they mainly positive or negative?

Good manager who I think would be a good fit. Don't like his media style but we can leave that to one side.

Plus it will improve our PFM rating with Merse, Thommo, Keysy etc as we won't be touching them unheard of foreigns like Marco Silva.

I might be wrong but isn't there an agreement that doesn't allow a premier league team to approach another premier league team for their manager during the season. 

But it if that's not the case then yeah probably positive. Can do better though surely! 

Working miracles with Burnley who really have no right plying their trade in the top tiers on English football. An estute manager who’s tactically better than people give him credit for... certainly gets the best out of what he’s got and is very highly thought of in the managerial world... he doesn’t like a moan but at least he wouldn’t be able to use the phrase “many pound notes”... personally I think it’s a very sensible move, he certainly wouldn’t take any shit from the players and he’s very similar to Nigel in some respects.

I’d welcome him here, we need some stability and that is exactly what he would offer, not some fancy name with more hairspray than tactical knowledge. Gerrimin

5 minutes ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

I have the same perception of him that you used to have. TBH I think he's one of those managers who would stop the rot and be great at ensuring we'd avoid relegation each year - but nothing more than that.

i dunno, maybe he's a tactical genius and I've just missed it.

I've just about gone past you tbh. Every year burnley go on a decent run and then struggle toward the end, but I think with the right players and facilities, I think he could potentially get us in the top half, maybe I'm just being optimistic as he may actually end up here...

5 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

I might be wrong but isn't there an agreement that doesn't allow a premier league team to approach another premier league team for their manager during the season. 

But it if that's not the case then yeah probably positive. Can do better though surely! 

must be pretty recent, Pardew to palace would be an example.

I think he's a good manager and probably deserves a crack at a bigger club, although the way he's got Burnley organised and the way we are I actually think he'd be quite ill-advised to come here, unless he thought he really did think he could sort the shambles out.

He's got a lot in common with Pearson I think. Burnley were always that bit behind us but I do think we had that bit more quality in our side.

Having thought how wrong this could go I'd actually take Dyche. The market leaders comments are a bit cringeworthy but not even remotely as cringeworthy as we are at the minute, pales into insignificance.

I don't mind the style of football if he can consistently get the results. I don't have an issue with 4-4-2 if we can make it work.

The guy is quality. Saw a piece on him last year maybe on Sky about how he goes about his work etc, he interacts with his players on a personal and professional level extremely well, reminiscent of Pearson. Clearly he knows how to manage having been successful both at Watford and Burnley. Creates competitive teams; the only unanswered question is with more money would he be even more effective with the type of players potentially at his disposal? He'll be more of a market-leader in terms of financial clout if he comes here. You don't become the Ginger Mourinho for nothing!! We could do a lot lot worse in my humble opinion!

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

Good manager who I think would be a good fit. Don't like his media style but we can leave that to one side.

Plus it will improve our PFM rating with Merse, Thommo, Keysy etc as we won't be touching them unheard of foreigns like Marco Silva.

I dunno I saw an interview earlier that was quite good, talked about selling Gray because his Mrs wanted tickets for the directors box so he "had to go" and that he sold Michael Keane because he asked for tea at half time instead of coffee, made me chuckle a bit.

Archived