Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Thoughts on Dyche?

Thoughts on dyche?  

434 members have voted

1. 1. What is your general thought on Dyche as an all round manager?

• Generally Positive (would welcome here)
    • Generally Negative (pick someone else)

This really reminds me of Holloway 

Dyche has done well at a smaller club with a smaller budget and.less expectation from the owners 

Exactly as Holloway.did. I think it could be disastrous for us 

But hey my girlfriend says I know nothing so who am I to believe 

Would be a step back to our roots of times before Ranieri and hes been a success in this League. Only problems would be his persistence on a big core group of 'grafting' English lads whilst we have very much diversified our squad since coming up.

Think its a big risk to not give him time to shape the squad with a window and you'd think the owners want a quick impact/galvanisation with a bigger name.

I'm not opposed to Dyche but circumstances will probably dictate this one

The big doubt Dyche would have about coming to Leicester is that the directors want instant, continued success.  He wants to manage at a higher level, that's certain, and if he goes to Leicester and fails he goes back two or three years in his career progression - he'd probably have to start again in the Championship, and even then he might not get one of the richer clubs.

And your Board of Directors demands very high standards.  If your still in the bottom three at Christmas, would he be sacked?  Bottom three in February, I bet he would be.

BTW, Burnley don't play 4-4-2.

Just now, Foxy-Lady said:

Also manages to predomninantly build his squads around British qualified players which certainly gets my in view of the lack of opportunities for young homegrown players and the influx of overpaid foreign stars!  :)

Maguire, Gray, Vardy, Albrighton, Choudhury, Chilwell, Barnes, Moore. 

We have a good mix of present and future too. 

2 minutes ago, jonah said:

This really reminds me of Holloway 

Dyche has done well at a smaller club with a smaller budget and.less expectation from the owners 

Exactly as Holloway.did. I think it could be disastrous for us 

But hey my girlfriend says I know nothing so who am I to believe 

Let's be fair though, Dyche is a pretty stable person, IH is a ****ing lunatic 

2 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

The big doubt Dyche would have about coming to Leicester is that the directors want instant, continued success.  He wants to manage at a higher level, that's certain, and if he goes to Leicester and fails he goes back two or three years in his career progression - he'd probably have to start again in the Championship, and even then he might not get one of the richer clubs.

And your Board of Directors demands very high standards.  If your still in the bottom three at Christmas, would he be sacked?  Bottom three in February, I bet he would be.

Yeah, I don't see a lot of logic in Dyche coming to us, other than the commute for him.

Too much to lose, with not a lot to gain. Why would he want to take that risk?

1 minute ago, dsr-burnley said:

I'm not so sure failing at Leicester would damage his career as much as you think, LCFC is quickly gaining a reputation as a ruthless club that gets rid of anyone who does not meet expectation immediately. 

I think he would probably get a lower prem club if it does not work out with us personally, dependant on how bad it was obviously. 

3 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

That’s right, you play 3-4-2, don’t forget, we’ve seen Ben mee play as well.

3 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Maguire, Gray, Vardy, Albrighton, Choudhury, Chilwell, Barnes, Moore. 

We have a good mix of present and future too. 

I wasnt criticising LCFCs investment in British players, i was merely highlighting that I would prefer a manager who also invests in British players.

I don't like him, and I can't say he jumps out at me as someone who plays good football.

BUT, it's hard to say how well he could do at a bigger club. It's a minor miracle what Dyche has done for Burnley.

Maybe he's just good at getting the most out of crap players and playing the underdog card. But maybe there are actually far more strings to his bow. Maybe he's intelligent enough to see each club's strengths and play to them. Maybe he has enough tactical nous to see what we need to do to be at our best. Maybe, with the right backing, he has a long term vision.

I don't think we can really say at this point, he's the definition of unproven. He's a risk, but a risk is better than someone who we already know isn't good enough or isn't what we need.

Archived